PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Commercials

Speedy1998
02-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Love the new Wall-e teaser they just played during the Super bowl.

DisneyDD2
02-03-2008, 09:04 PM
I saw it, too. Pretty cute!

WDWfanatic742
02-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Very Cool :thumbsup:

Melanie
02-04-2008, 07:18 AM
So which ones did everyone like/dislike?

I liked the mouse trap one and the one from NFL.com about Chester Pitts. And I loved the Coke balloon one - Charlie Brown finally got a break! Not a Justin Timberlake fan, but that Pepsi ad was funny. And the Budweiser ones were funny as usual.

I really didn't like that Amp one with the jumper cables. Ewww.

Can't forget the Wall-E one with Buzz and Woody. That's just getting me excited for Toy Story 3!

Hammer
02-04-2008, 07:56 AM
I enjoyed the Bud Light fire commercial and the Diet Pepsi Max commercial as I thought Joe Buck and Troy Aikman were so funny! Like the NFL Chester Pitts commercial as well. I missed a few commercials, though, so I will have to check them out on YouTube later on.

DisneyorBust
02-04-2008, 07:58 AM
I found the Diet Pepsi Max ad to be quite funny.
Other favorites: the Mouse Trap, never expected a large 'mouse' to break thru the wall and pummel the homeowner!
The Chester Pitts ad was pretty cool too.

Melanie
02-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Christine, SI.com has them easily accessible, and in order of how they were shown during the game. This is how I watched them since we don't get the commercials here.

John
02-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Favorite was the Budweiser "Rocky Horse" commercial hands down. :)

Ian
02-04-2008, 08:36 AM
I skipped the commericals during the game to watch Mythbusters. :blush:

I gotta go check them out at SI.com.

2Epcot
02-04-2008, 08:39 AM
I thought overall there were a lot of good commercials this year ... very funny. There were quite a few I liked, as well as those at the party I attended. Some of the ones liked were the Buds commercials, breathing fire and the Rocky one with the dog. The Bridgestone commecial with the squirrel, and the FedEx pigeon commercials went over well.

I would say our favorites were the Tide stain commercial, the Justin Pepsi commercial, the E-Trade baby commericals and the Coke balloon commercial.

JanetMegan
02-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Oh I almost forgot about that Tide stain one, that was funny.

My favorite was the NFL Chester Pitts commercial, followed by the squirrel who almost got hit by thr car I think...

Jeff G
02-04-2008, 10:02 AM
I was at a party and missed a bunch. The commerical that got the most laughs for our group was the Bridgestone one that featured Richard SImmons.

A couple others that were the well received were the Justin TImberlake/Pepsi & the mouse trap commercials.

I can't wait to check them all out online later today.

c&d
02-04-2008, 10:34 AM
My favorite had to the be the Charlie Brown commercial.

SurferStitch
02-04-2008, 12:40 PM
That was adorable!

I can't wait to see the movie. Wall-e is so darn cute!

alphamommy
02-04-2008, 01:43 PM
I missed a few, but I did like the Bud ad with the horse. Probably my favorite was Chester Pitts.

Overall, I didn't think it was a great commercial year. Good thing it was an interesting game!

MNNHFLTX
02-04-2008, 01:53 PM
I thought the Tide "talking spot commercial was hysterical and also loved the Budweiser "Rocky" and Chester Pitts commercials. The E-Trade baby ads were also funny (well, not the spit-up one so much, but the clown one was). I am not quite sure what I think about the cashew commercial with the unibrow lady and didn't even get the Audi "Godfather" ad at first. And I thought it was interesting that they're trying to resurrect Geico cavemen again.

murphy1
02-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Etrade Baby, Rocky Budweiser and Pigeon Fed Ex. Not so much a fan of the bobbleheads,

Mary M
02-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Did anyone else think the SalesGenie.com commercials (the really bad animation) were kind of offensive? The first one, with the Indian guy wasn't so bad, but the Panda one was pretty stereotypical!

(I liked the Coke commercial with the Charlie Brown balloon and the Justin Timberlake ad)

(and the SoBe Thriller ad made no sense to me)

DizNee143
02-04-2008, 02:47 PM
they were all good..but im just surprised there were some older commercials missed in there..like the mouse trap dorito one..that was so last year...its such an old commercial..
and there was also like 2 other kinda old ones..but that one just stands out in my mind..
i enjoyed the pepsi one with justin timberlake..

jennbunn
02-05-2008, 02:26 AM
the charlie brown coke was my fav with the justin timberlake pepsi a close second. dh did not see the commercials last night so we watched them today on myspace. :thumbsup:

Melanie
02-05-2008, 03:00 AM
they were all good..but im just surprised there were some older commercials missed in there..like the mouse trap dorito one..that was so last year...its such an old commercial..
and there was also like 2 other kinda old ones..but that one just stands out in my mind..

I thought they were all new. Are they not really? :shrug:

JanetMegan
02-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Did anyone else think the SalesGenie.com commercials (the really bad animation) were kind of offensive? The first one, with the Indian guy wasn't so bad, but the Panda one was pretty stereotypical!

I think they were trying to be the "worst ads" I read that somewhere online...

ncscgirl2005
02-05-2008, 04:04 PM

Thank goodness I'm not going crazy. I knew I had seen that Mouse trap commercial before!!! I was second-guessing myself because i thought all commercials were new.

DizNee143
02-05-2008, 04:45 PM
lol..a couple of people didnt wanna believe me at the party i was at either..but that doritos one is rather old..and i could of sworn it was "new" for last years superbowl...anyways..
lol you people arent going crazy..there were just 2 possibly 3 kinda old commericals through in..lol

offwego
02-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Can anyone help me find them on SI.com? I looked but must be missing it.