PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the Pats just lost!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-03-2008, 10:15 PM
I thought we had it but it looks like we just lost. The Gianats pulled it out at the last (less than) minute! Congrats to the Giants! It would have been nice if we could have had an undefeated year though.

#1donaldfan
02-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Congrats to you though.....you had a great season......next year look out for us ...we need another one !!:blush:

J9
02-03-2008, 10:25 PM
I can't believe the Patriots' Coach just walked off the field without so much as a "good game" to the Giants.

Wow.

But overall, that was a great ending! Best superbowl I've seen since I've understood the rules of football! (aka 3 years) LOL

WDWfanatic742
02-03-2008, 10:29 PM
To be fair, he did congratulate Tom Coughlin. Still doesn't give him the right to walk off the field like that. Disrespecting the entire league and everyone else associated with the league. Just a sore loser to walk off the field before the end of the game.

Congratulations to the New York Giants and they deserved it after they fought hard for it.

BTW, for the beginning of the year I'd still vote for the dodging of the sack and helmet catch play as the best play of the year. Easily, No Doubt.

JPL
02-03-2008, 10:39 PM
BIG BLUE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

Great Game overall I said it earlier Defnse wins Championships :D

conorsmom2000
02-03-2008, 10:47 PM
What a game!!!! :thumbsup: It was unbelievable!! Congratulations to Big Blue!!!!

To be fair, he did congratulate Tom Coughlin. Still doesn't give him the right to walk off the field like that. Disrespecting the entire league and everyone else associated with the league. Just a sore loser to walk off the field before the end of the game.

Exactly what we were saying!

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
02-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Hats off to the Giants who preserved the '85 Bears Super Bowl winning, 1 loss season!!!

Donald A
02-03-2008, 11:07 PM
BTW, for the beginning of the year I'd still vote for the dodging of the sack and helmet catch play as the best play of the year. Easily, No Doubt.

I agree, I didn't watch most of the game because I really don't like either team that much. I do, however, like the Giants a little more and that was an amazing football play.

MushuGrl
02-03-2008, 11:52 PM
We are OVER the MOON here!!!! I am from Giants GM Jerry Reese's hometown, a very poor, very tiny, very rural town in Tennessee. (I live only a few streets over from his mom). He has been such an inspiration to everyone here - we were beyond overjoyed when it was announced last year he'd become the Giant's GM...and one year later we're having the biggest Super Bowl party in the country!

If ever there was a time to play "When You Wish Upon a Star" it's right now!

And if ever there was a time for a defib and oxygen tank...MAN....

Jeri Lynn
02-04-2008, 06:12 AM
I am a proud Patriots fan and would like to take my hats off to the Giants and all their fans.

I think any football lover can appreciate what a great game was played. The Giants were great and the Patriots did their best but this time it wasn't enough.

I still love the Patriots but a GIANT KUDO to the Giants!!:number1:

Womble
02-04-2008, 06:52 AM
First time for many years I stayed up until the end! I went to bed at 4am!

It was one of the best Super Bowl games. I really enjoyed the game!

I’m not sure if what he did was disrespectful. I know the game clock supposedly had 1 second on it! But on the TV coverage I was watching the clock (on screen not the game clock) did run down to zero.
Also
I may well be wrong but I think I’ve seen losing coaches walk across the field to shake hands with their counter parts while there had been enough time on the clock for a couple of plays.
I was thinking it was an “over zealous!” referee / timekeeper / NFL paper pusher making them take the last play.

The only thing I did disliked about the whole show was the presentation of the trophy. The way it was passed around the owners, the coach and then the QB.
In the past I thought the owners were spoken to, then the coach and finally the winning QB was then handed the trophy after the final interview had been done.
It seemed to me as the trophy was just in the way of the interview and it was passed around like it was not really that important.

RAIDER
02-04-2008, 07:45 AM
A brilliant game and like you Womble i stayed up till the end to the early hour of the morning ... I cant wait to go home and watch the highlights and interviews ...:thumbsup:

Now as NY Giants played at wembley last season. Does that mean next seasons superbowl winners will either be San Diego or New Orleans ;)

alpro2
02-04-2008, 07:54 AM
Can you believe that an 18-1 finish is considered a failure? :confused:

Congrats to the Giants and congrats to both teams for a well played game..

RedheadWriter
02-04-2008, 10:49 AM
A BIG congratulations to the GIANTS. Well done, well played. As a die hard Patriots fan win or lose, I must say it was a wild game! I was texting with Drworm2008, smilesrock and flatinkramesam during the game. Everyone was on edge.....
I really need this 8 months break to get my Blood Pressure down!!! LOL

Disney-Nut
02-04-2008, 11:07 AM
one word WOW:confused: My hat goes off to the giants. As a huge patriots fan its hard to lose to a manning most of all Eli. I just cant beleive Bill B. was out smarted, out played and out game planned. :thumbsup:good game giants:thumbsup:

NJBelle
02-04-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm very speachless. I just can't believe the Pats lost! It was almost like they didn't come to play! :( I'm very disappointed.

One thing's for sure. I can't show my face around here. Living in Giant country is hard for a Pats fan. Everyone is going to rub it in my face. And I owe my friend $5. :blush:

But did anyone notice that the Giants got away with a facemask grab? I just thought that was interesting....

PirateLover
02-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Can you believe that an 18-1 finish is considered a failure? :confused:

Well, the goal of every team is obviously to win the Super Bowl, especially when you dominated so much during the season and you are highly favored to win. Going undefeated in the regular season was quite a feat but they didn't reach the ultimate goal: A super bowl and a complete season.

But did anyone notice that the Giants got away with a facemask grab? I just thought that was interesting....
That was kind of bad, but being a fan of Philadelphia teams I can tell you this thing happens all the time (we are the land of complaining about referees;) )

I did end up rooting for the Giants. It really stinks that they won ANOTHER super bowl before us, and beat the team that we lost to, but I can't deny it was an exciting game and they really worked hard to get where they did and deserved it (I can't believe I just admitted that)

GothMickey
02-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Let this be a lesson to you all, cheaters never win. Billie B got what was coming to him, at the heartbreak expense of the die hard fans. The Super Bowl was a great game. Both teams played extemely well. NJBelle, no need to mention about the Giants getting away with a face mask. The Patriots got away with a ton of penalties all season long, even had some phantom calls go their way. The universe tends to right itself in its own way, and the Giants winning made things right in the universe. GO BIG BLUE!!!!!

SBETigg
02-04-2008, 12:45 PM
It's because Belichick wore that red sweatshirt. He's always in blue and he always looks pretty bad, but it was so much worse in red on him. The minute he came out, I knew. But I didn't want to believe it because Eli looked like he was ready to play in the Puppy Bowl instead of the Super Bowl-- and then he went on to win, acckkk!

Good game, Giants. Well played.

JPL
02-04-2008, 01:14 PM
You know it's time to stop the Eli Bashing :mad:
He not only lead his team to a championship but won the MVP in the process. Let's face it he played a solid game and drove his team down the field for the the winning touchdown pass.

SBETigg
02-04-2008, 01:34 PM
He not only lead his team to a championship but won the MVP in the process. Let's face it he played a solid game and drove his team down the field for the the winning touchdown pass.

He did play a solid game. I didn't mean to bash but to comment on how cute and harmless he looked until he proved he had teeth. :) He called himself a Mama's Boy in the pregame interview.

But come on, there's plenty of Pats bashing going on and we've taken it all year, with much spirited debate. I haven't really seen anything close to Eli "bashing" in this thread, just a few good-natured comments followed by "good game."

TinksPixieDust
02-04-2008, 01:51 PM
i am heartbroken :( . the game literally made me sick to my stomach. the giants d had a great game plan... but somebody forgot to tell the o-line that the game was last night. after watching every pats game this year i dont think its fair to say that they played a great game. they played awful. play calling was terrible. the d played good. but the offense stunk up the place. Giants derserved to win last night. Congratulations... but watch ya back next year :D haha

People thought the Patriots were angry this year... 2008 season here we come! :thumbsup:

WDWfanatic742
02-04-2008, 04:05 PM
The rankings for the viewership came in today:

New Super Bowl Record = Super Bowl XLII - 97.5 million viewers
Previous Super Bowl Record = Super Bowl XXX - 94.08 million viewers
TV Show Record = M*A*S*H Finale - 106 million viewers

81% of all TV Sets in the Boston area were tuned to the game
67% of all TV Sets in the New York area were tuned to the game

The audience peaked between 9:30 and 10 p.m. ET -- the fourth quarter -- with 105.7 million people watching, Nielsen said.

The Giants-Patriots game's actual rating (43.3 rating, 65 share) was the highest for any Super Bowl since 1997. That means 43 percent of the nation's TV sets were tuned in to the game, and 65 percent of the TV sets that were turned on were watching football.

Second highest watched TV show ever :eek:

sillyolbear
02-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Not being a full time fan of either, I appreciate a great game played by both teams.

Congratulations to the Giants and Eli Manning as well as to the Patriots on an outstanding year!

medic9016
02-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Along with the other million plus people I did not see that happening. Who would of thought a defensive game. It's about time the NFC won a Superbowl. As a life long Cowboys fan the AFC really looks like a superior conference.

princessimagineer
02-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Let this be a lesson to you all, cheaters never win. Billie B got what was coming to him, at the heartbreak expense of the die hard fans.

THANK YOU! good game though.

anyone else relise that the confetti people probably just bought all red and blue confetti because no matter what, thats what they were using...

GO GIANTS!!

Womble
02-04-2008, 05:35 PM
The rankings for the viewership came in today:

Second highest watched TV show ever :eek:

Don't suppose you would know, What the International viewing figures were?

DisneyGiant
02-04-2008, 08:05 PM
A little late here - but major kudos to my fellow GIANTS fans!!!!!!

The Giant in DisneyGiant - is for you know who - the two greatest loves of my life!!!!

The real reason why they won? I had my lucky shirt on - of course!!! :thumbsup:

Epc0tphr34k
02-04-2008, 09:23 PM
I may well be wrong but I think I’ve seen losing coaches walk across the field to shake hands with their counter parts while there had been enough time on the clock for a couple of plays.

Womble, I just wanted to clear this up since noone mentioned it. The reason they had to play the play was due to the turn over. with it being 4th and 20 on the last play, the ball goes back to the giants with any time left on the clock when the pass hits the ground thus they need to run at least one play to signify the change of posession. If they were clock killing and had less than 1:20 on the clock on first down and the opposition has no time outs the game can end cause there will be no turn over and it is assumed that the team will just take a knee with the lead

not to bash eli, jeff because he did play a decent game but in all honesty the MVP should have gone to someone on the defense maybe wilson for knocking down the pats last 2 attempts or one of the guys on the line. Eli spent a vast majority of the game, save that last drive, squandering a whole lot of opportunities opened up to him by the defense. and in all honesty he owes david tyree a steak dinner because the kid played out of his mind.

I do hope he shows in the future the kind of presence he showed in that play. That is the kind of presence that should be shown by a player who has the guts to refuse to play for the team with the first pick in the draft before he ever hits the league.

WDWfanatic742
02-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Don't suppose you would know, What the International viewing figures were?

I haven't seen any world numbers yet. I'd assume it would take longer since it's the entire world instead of just North America.

jennbunn
02-05-2008, 02:41 AM
i am still on :cloud9: i told eveyone at work that manning would be the winning q.b back when the playoffs started. no one believed me. can't wait to hear what my co workers have to say now. :) congrats giants!!!!

Womble
02-05-2008, 04:56 AM
Womble, I just wanted to clear this up since noone mentioned it. The reason they had to play the play was due to the turn over. with it being 4th and 20 on the last play, the ball goes back to the giants with any time left on the clock when the pass hits the ground thus they need to run at least one play to signify the change of posession. If they were clock killing and had less than 1:20 on the clock on first down and the opposition has no time outs the game can end cause there will be no turn over and it is assumed that the team will just take a knee with the lead

I think you are right about games I’ve seen where this has happened.
No time outs and clock running, that does make sense.

Stitchahula
02-07-2008, 03:59 PM
there are a few thingsI'm having a hard time with.
1. That the pats lost
2.That Bill would wear red and not grey
and
3. That my sister started this thread...shocking

the crack about the puppy bowl was cute not bashing I mean come on he's what 12 he looks sooo young. Again not bashing just stating he's young.