PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust for my princess please!

mickey&missy
02-03-2008, 08:56 PM
If you all can spare a little pixie dust for my DD I'd really apreciate it!

She's having minor surgery tomorrow. She has to have her adenoids removed and the turbinate in her sinus cuterized to make them smaller. She has a lot of trouble breathing, her already poor speech has worsened significantly, and she is always either stuffed up or has a sinus infection.

She is extremely nervous, to say the least. She actually made herself sick to her stomach earlier she's so worried. She's never had anything like this done. She's never been in the hospital besides to visit me when I had her brothers! We keep telling her she'll be fine, it's all for the best, and how much better she'l feel in the long run. But, of course, it's not working. It breaks my heart to see her upset!

Any pixie dust you can spare would be great! Thanks!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-03-2008, 10:04 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

My DD had her adenoids removed about 5 years ago now (she was 4), and tubes put in her ears. It was the best thing we ever did, and the surgery was easy.

Everyone at the hospital was great, and made her feel really brave...and me too.

Lots of good thoughts going your way!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Melissa, here is some Pixie dust for you little Princess. I hope she has a speedy recovery.:pixie::pixie:

mrsgaribaldi
02-03-2008, 10:36 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way for your little princess. I'm sending you a PM:secret:

jedi jen
02-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Almost two years ago, both my DD(3 at the time) and my DS(7 at the time) had their adenoids and tonsils removed. DD always had an ear infection, and huuuge and infected tonsils and adenoids. DS suffered an injury to his sinus cavity when he was 5 (which caused a deviated septum) and afterwards, always had sinus infections, throat problems and nose bleeds. So the doctor recommended that both get their tonsils, adenoids removed, and their sinuses cleaned. In fact, DD had already had her adenoids removed once and ear tubes put in--but it did not work. So, they both had it done the same day. Well, It was really tough to seem them weak at the hospital. The younger one recovered quicker (which I hear is common), but things have been sooo much better since. No infections, no sickness. It has been great. I recommend lots of popsicles, ice cream, Disney movies, TLC, gatorade. Best wishes to you. :pixie:

Beast_fanatic
02-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Lots of :pixie: on the way to the princess! :princess:

merlinmagic4
02-04-2008, 06:41 AM
:pixie: for your princess! I hope she has a quick recovery and that it helps a lot! Good luck!

Hayden's Dad
02-04-2008, 08:56 AM
:pixie::pixie: and prayers for you and your little princess. I know you need it as much as she does.

Kairi_7378
02-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Best of luck to your princess today. Please let us know how the procedure goes. You'll be in my thoughts today!

RenDuran
02-04-2008, 09:59 AM
My daughter had her tonsils/adenoids removed three years ago and I had sinus surgery almost two years ago. The first few days are the worst. My daugher bounced back really quick. The really hard part was trying to keep her quiet for the two week recovery period. She was ready to run after just a few days.

I hope all goes well! Here's some :pixie: just to be safe!

mickey&missy
02-04-2008, 10:52 AM
UUGGGGHHH!!!

After a very long night we had to cancel the surgery for today!

She got sick all night! We're not sure if she has the nasty stomach bug or if she worked herself up so much that she got really sick. She's been a lot better since 6 am when I spoke to the hospital and they canceled it. She's only gotten sick once. I'm waiting to hear back about rescheduling. It probably won't be until after we get back from our trip to WDW.

My poor baby girl!

Thanks everyone for all the pixie dust! You guys are great!!!!!

mtown71
02-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Sorry to hear that your daughter got sick & you had to cancel the surgery. Hope she is doing much better & they can reschedule the surgery. I had my tonsils taken out in May of '07 (I am 36...tell her I am a big chicken & it really wasn't too bad.) I also had sinus surgery in 2001. That wasn't too bad either. Good luck to her & tons of pixie dust heading her way along with prayers! Keep us updated!

NJBelle
02-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Sorry to hear about this. Surgeries are no fun.

Here's lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie: in hopes that she'll recover soon!

Strmchsr
02-04-2008, 02:51 PM
You have my prayers and lots of :pixie: for a smooth surgery and quick recovery!