PDA

View Full Version : which is better? Crystal palace or Liberty Tree

aurora, ariel, and bell
02-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Which character dinner meal would be better, crystal palace or liberty tree? all girls ages 2,3, and 4.
Where is Liberty tree located?

laguna
02-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi, we love Liberty Tavern, although I would highly recommend Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary which is only a short monorail ride away. It is a huge party with Mickey and the gang and the best atmosphere for kids that I've seen yet. We've not yet been to the Crystal Palace so I can't say as far as that one. Have fun and try Chef Mickey's if this is an option!

KAT1811
02-03-2008, 09:07 PM
IMHO we love Crystal Palace. The breakfast buffet is wonderful and the characters are really cute. They also do a cute parade through the restaurant with the kids. With little ones I'd do the Pooh and Friends meal but that is just my opinion.

We do not care for the food at Liberty Tree Tavern at all. We dined there once and will not return any time soon. DH refuses to eat there and he will eat just about anything.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-03-2008, 09:36 PM
We are huge LTT fans, and always make a point to eat there each trip.

The food has always been good, like Thanksgiving dinner (turkey, ham, stuffing, mac & cheese, salad, etc), and we love the character interaction.

I'm not sure why it is better there, but at each meal we've seen the characters so many times we were almost bored of them, have the best pictures, great interaction (characters sitting with us, DD kissing them all on the nose, Goofy "stealing" DH's hat). The 1st time, we got into a great "talk" with Pluto about who made the food! (apparantly Pluto doesn't cook, he just eats!)

We're trying Crystal Palace for the first time this trip, but just wanted to share how much we like LTT.

ElenitaB
02-03-2008, 10:40 PM
We like both restaurants as each has their own good points.

To decide which one might suit your little ones better, you might consider the following:

Do they like and know Pooh and friends better or Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip & Dale? A friend of mine took her toddler last week to a character meal and he really didn't enjoy it because he was unfamiliar with the characters.
Are your kids picky eaters? (CP offers a buffet; dinner (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/magickingdom/libertydinner.asp) at LTT is a set menu which is served family style)
I've seen some really young children get a bit impatient waiting for their turn... at CP, you can see the characters from afar and sometimes it's hard on the littler ones to wait their turn and a fun time turns into tear time. At LTT, you see the characters when they enter your "room" so there's less of a wait time.

We'll be looking forward to your trip reports to hear what you decided and all about the fun the kids had.

joanna71985
02-03-2008, 10:54 PM
I would go with LTT.

JPL
02-03-2008, 11:12 PM
For food my vote would go to Crystal Palace just more variety and higher quality. For Characters the edge goes to Liberty Tree.

NJ Camper
02-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Havebeen to crystal palace and chef mickey both are very good buffets but if you are going to MK crystal or liberty maybe easier but Cm is only across the street also I would say it depends on character preference do you like (pooh,tigger,pigletand eyore) crystal palace(mickey,donald,pluto and goofy) chef mickey liberty tavern you will have to ask someone else don't know never been there but you can probably get someone else to respond to that sure either way you can't go wrong :mickey:

illini
02-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Crystal Palace, for sure. It's by far our favorite character buffet on property food-wise. They have an awesome selection on the salad bar. I'm starting to drool just thinking about it.

LTT, not so much. Unless you like mac 'n' cheese from a box and Stove Top stuffing.... For us, it was :ack: . I seem to recall the dessert being OK, though nothing to rave about. Character interaction was quite good, but the food-- really, truly awful. And I don't think we hit a bad night; I think it must be sponsored by Stouffer's.

aurora, ariel, and bell
02-04-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I will try Chef Mickey's. The girls are crazy about Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. and all they are talking about is seeing the castle and Mickey!

It isn't until september, but i'm already sooooo excited!

mousetrapper
02-04-2008, 10:51 AM
If you were going for breakfast or lunch, I would have to vote for CP, especially for little girls. During the day, there's something so magical, with the sunlight streaming in. It is also full of flowers and Pooh and his friends are just so darned cute! The food is satisfying, and there are a lot of options. If your girls are "girly girls," and love Pooh, CP is a great option.

We dined for the first time at LTT on Thanksgiving 2007, and while it was fine, it wasn't as great as I expected. Colonial decor, standard (but not stellar) Thanksgiving foods (including stove-top-type stuffing and Stouffer's mac & cheese) and good character interaction (Minnie, Goofy and Chip & Dale). I doubt if we will dine there again; it just didn't blow us away.

Chef Mickey's is great too - just much more of an upbeat party atmosphere than CP or LTT. If seeing Mickey is a MUST, I'd go to CM's. The food is really good too! :mickey:

Enjoy!