PDA

View Full Version : Epcot EMH

mom2four
02-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks to everyone who has answered my ?'s, my trip plans are coming together!

We are planning on doing Epcot on our arrival day because it is their EMH evening. However, this is a friday and everything I have read says to avoid Epcots EMH because they are too busy.

Any thoughts? experiences?

Thank You!!!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-03-2008, 09:07 PM
When are you going?

ParkMan
02-03-2008, 11:08 PM
We did Epcot evening EMH back in December. It was quite busy for the first couple of hours.

We spent the first hour or so waiting in line for Soarin.

After that, it was fairly easy to get on the other rides. We walked on to Mission Space. Then, the last hour we rode Test Track 4 times.

JPL
02-03-2008, 11:17 PM
I was just at EMH at Epcot about a week ago and will say the line for Soarin was longer during EMH than it was during the day. TT was also very busy but I managed to ride using single rider with a very short wait. Overall in the time I spent at EMH I rode Malestrom, Nemo, SSE( 2 times), Imagination, and Test Track. I left at around 11:30 because I was exhausted after my 6:30 AM and day at the Magic Kingdom.

madi47
02-04-2008, 06:39 AM
Just got back yesterday and have to say I would never do the EMH at Epcot. We walked from the studios over to Epcot on Friday and it was so jam packed. All we could do was walk from the showcase out to the buses. So crowded and the buses just kept coming and coming and they were filled to capacity. So we didn't ride a thing. We always refer to EMH as extra crowded hours and don't really find them useful at all.

MickeyChick
02-04-2008, 08:00 AM
We did EMH at Epcot last Friday and it was great for us because we weren't looking to go on the thrill rides. We got on Journey Into the Imagination, Nemo, Turtle Talk and a couple other things with absolutely no line at all. We walked right up.

It is kind of disappointing though that all of the kiosks and most of the shops are closed during EMH.

mom2four
02-04-2008, 12:55 PM
We will be arriving Feb 29th (Fri) and leaving March 6th (Thursday).

It sounds pretty busy. I am guessing we will be to a park around noon. Our plane lands at 9:30. I made an ADR for Akershus @ 6:45 because I planned to do Epcot.

Thanks!

Dakota Rose
04-06-2008, 07:54 PM
For evening EMH at Epcot, does FutureWorld stay open as long as World Showcase, or does it still close 2 hours early? Someone said in this thread that a lot of the stores are closed during EMH, will we find much to browse in WS after Illuminations?

CaptSmee
04-06-2008, 10:55 PM
For evening EMH at Epcot, does FutureWorld stay open as long as World Showcase, or does it still close 2 hours early? Someone said in this thread that a lot of the stores are closed during EMH, will we find much to browse in WS after Illuminations?

The areas themselves are not open for EMH, but certain attractions in both Future World & World Showcase are open all night. You won't find much of anything to peruse in World Showcase during it, just the attractions listed as being open.

We tend to avoid EMH's because they are almost always more crowded than normal park hour days, but it's still fun to say you were in a park until 1 am! And yes, the later you stay the more empty it will be.

Our 1st day on our upcoming trip we are starting the day bright 'n early at MK and ending it in the evening at Epcot and staying until the clock strikes twelve!!! That's my idea of a Disney vacation!:thumbsup:

bruin1344
04-07-2008, 07:12 AM
i recommend skipping illuminations the night of extra hours, go to illuminations on another night, the waits are very low on all rides during that time, it was only 15-20 minutes on soarin during illuminations, after illuminations it jumped to 75-90 minutes,