PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my job, need Intercotee support

DizneyFreak2002
02-03-2008, 06:12 PM
As the title says, I am having even more issues with my job.... On Friday, my supervisor wrote me up for "poor work performance..." I have felt for a while now that she was looking for anything on me... She finally got her opportunity and completely threw me under the bus... She didn't even stand up for me and defend me... So now, I feel like the ax is being sharpened and will soon come down.... I am asking for all your support and pixie dust as I try to get through this....

Thank you all for listening...

mrsgaribaldi
02-03-2008, 07:31 PM
What a horrible thing to have to feel at work. Just another reason why I work at night, the boss is only on in the daytime. I would look for another job. I hope it gets better :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:soon.

mickey&missy
02-03-2008, 07:46 PM
:pixie: Uggh!! Good luck!

merlinmagic4
02-03-2008, 07:55 PM
That's tough when someone has it in for you. I hope things get better. :pixie: for an awesome new job to land on your doorstep (it can happen!).

DizneyFreak2002
02-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the well wishes... I hope it gets better soon too... I am looking online for a new job already... But, as you all can imagine, the job market really is not that good right now... However, I am so distraught, I am willing to take almost ANYTHING just to get out of there.... They start looking for something more stable once I am settled in somewhere else....

jedi jen
02-03-2008, 10:52 PM
I have felt insecurity in my job and it was the worst feeling. So sorry you are going through it. Here's is a little pixie dust to turn things around. :pixie: Best of luck to you.

GothMickey
02-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Face it, your boss is a, you know. I wouldn't give 2 cents for her. Get out of here now while you still can. And let her know how you feel about her when you do. I got your back cuz.

adoptionislove
02-04-2008, 10:24 PM
The other posters are right! Get out of there soon and on the last day, throw her under the bus...not really, cause you never want to burn a bridge, one day she just might work for YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Jeff G
02-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Good luck dealing with this situation. The best advise I can give is to grin and bear it for now doing your job as well as you can while getting a resume out there. Having a boss out to get you is not a situation that you need to subject yourself to for an extended period so hopefully a new job presents itself soon.

Best wishs to you while you work through this.

Terra
02-05-2008, 04:00 AM
Lots and lots of :pixie: :pixie:

It is terrible that people actually act like this too. I have so been in your shoes and I fought it for awhile trying to "make a point" but it seems that petty, unethical and childish people never learn that point. The best thing I did was move on as well.

Although I completely understand about the job market. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Please continue to keep us posted!

DizneyFreak2002
02-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Well she (and I use that term loosely) did it again today... Just not to me.. Now she threw someone else under the bus... And down right LIED about this other person... BOOM ANOTHER ONE UNDER THE BUS... I am sick of her and now something has to be done.... Someone has to go to HR or higher if necessary.... I am seriously thinking of leading the way....

Terra
02-06-2008, 06:22 AM
Oh goodness....it's going from bad to worse! I would go ahead and lodge a complaint with HR! Good luck, let us know how it goes!!

SBETigg
02-06-2008, 06:52 AM
If you feel you're being treated unfairly by this supervisor, by all means take some proactive steps.

You could try talking to her, finding out why she feels you had a poor performance and make sure she knows that you are interested in improving the situation. You could also go to her supervisor if you feel the problems come from her and not you. Poor management often brings about the poor results and it wouldn't hurt to make it known that you're feeling a lack of supervisory support. It could be that her supervisor gave her a poor review and would be on your side.

Best wishes for a better time at work or new opportunities coming your way.
:pixie:

DrivingSideways
02-08-2008, 12:44 AM
Someone has to go to HR or higher if necessary.... I am seriously thinking of leading the way....

This was going to be my suggestion after I read your first post. My advice, start with HR. Get any information on your "clashes" with her together. If it isn't resolved, go up to the next person.

I think talking with her might also be a good idea, but I'm always wary of it (the whole he said, she said thing), but maybe you could ask your HR manager to sit in as an mediator?

Good luck with resolving the issue and finding another job if necessary. It seems like its next to impossible to find a decent job as of late. :(

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-09-2008, 12:17 AM
It would probably have more impact if you and the other employee went to HR together and presented a united front.
And I don't know if this website is in your area too but I found it to be a good one when I was looking for a new job. I hope I can post it here, if it gets deleted PM me and I'll send it to you. It pulls from all different job seeking websites.
It is INDEED.com. And register with agencies too. They have more leads that aren't posted publicly.

daparish
02-09-2008, 07:43 AM
I really feel for you. I presently work no less than 50 hours a week and my boss is crazy!!!! He has a very big anger management problem and he will go off and scream like I have never heard anyone scream before. I actually quit once and he called me all weekend apologizing and saying he would change and things have been better but you just never know what kind of mood he will be in. I really can't afford to quit because I would never find another job in my field making what I presently make.

Pop Centurion
02-09-2008, 08:43 PM
I can totally relate to you. I've worked for UPS going on 17 years and it seems like each year I'm treated worse. It's pretty much common knowledge in my workplace that they make things miserable for the higher paid employees. They'd rather replace us with new hires that only make much less $$$.
I'm always being hassled to get off the clock earlier or called in the office for small things that other new hires do way more frequently. For example, they wanted to suspend me for 3 days for accidentally loading 2 packages on the wrong trucks. Mind you I load about 1200 per day plus all the others I have to sort through on the conveyor. Now I totally understand that those packages won't be delivered in time but it's easy to make mistakes when you handle that many packages in a very high paced work environment. But here's my problem with the suspension. For that particular month I had 3 misloads but some other guy had 36 for the month and wasn't even given a warning letter which is the second step after a verbal warning. How is that fair?
So that's why I can understand what you're going through when your job has it in for you. Best of luck and hope all turns out well.

DizneyFreak2002
02-12-2008, 08:44 PM
She threw a curveball today.... She gave me my 2007 review and the review was excellent... OK...:confused:

We even had a nice little chat about the demenor of the department... I express how I find it terrible that no one says hello to each other (mainly directed at her)... She agreed with me that things are not like they used to be, and that nothing is personal.. She admitted upper management keeps saying she is failing at her job, and that we (the entire group) is a failure.... She admitted to me she defends all of us until she is blue in the face but no one wants to hear it... The main problem: they are loading us down with more and more work but not giving us more bodies to handle the extra work... Basically, we are being set up to drown... However, we continue to stay afloat and prove them wrong, despite being severely undermanned.... Guess it isn't personal after all...

SBETigg
02-12-2008, 08:51 PM
She threw a curveball today.... She gave me my 2007 review and the review was excellent... OK...:confused:
Guess it isn't personal after all...

Good to know. Sounds like a productive conversation and an excellent review, wow! Isn't it great when people surprise you? I do hope things get better at work for you.

Magic Smiles
02-13-2008, 07:31 AM
It sounds like the pressure your supervisor was feeling is what got dumped on you. Thankfully it is pretty much cleared up now and you got the performance review that you feel you deserved. :thumbsup:

Here we go again...
02-14-2008, 08:05 AM
Hmmmm... sounds like we work for the same company. :thedolls:

I am still having problems with my company and this has been going on since August. I have HR involved, but the HR rep and my boss are friends.

I found out that the problem is not just with me because 2 other people approached me and they are getting lawyers involved. I am not planning to do that... unless I have to.

I am the lucky one. I went out on LOA at the time when things got really bad at work. So my salary pretty much ended up being protected by disability insurance. Others have lost pay but most importantly they have lost insurance.

And our boss is there not just throwing them under the bus, she is kicking and stomping to make sur they can not get out.

Funny thing is that all of the sudden I have job offers coming at me from out of no where. I went on one interview 2 weeks ago and have another interview next week. The first one was in a health clinic that is putting in a pharmacy and they are begging me to wait 2 months and go with them. (Waiting for red tape and permits to go through) But this next interview sure sounds like a great opportunity....

I wish you luck. Hopefully people know will let others know you are looking for a job and you will get offers. That is what is happening here.