PDA

View Full Version : So who else caught it?

Jessie
02-03-2008, 03:13 PM
It seems like everyone I know has caught the dreaded stomach bug. I was sick as a dog yesterday. I even ended up going to the ER because I couldn't keep anything down for almost 12 hours. Not good when you're growing a little one. DD had it, DH had it, an uncle has it, two kids from my parents small church have it, another guy there has it. It seems like it's everywhere. Stop the insanity!!!

I seriously HATE stomach bugs. I would gladly take a bad cold ANY day over a stomach bug. :sick:

So, this means no more stomach bugs this winter for us, right? RIGHT?:(

catnmouse
02-03-2008, 03:22 PM
I too was sick as a dog yesterday! Not fun! I was sick for 18 hours and I feel fine today. I just hope the rest of my family escapes the dreaded stomach bug!

mrsgaribaldi
02-03-2008, 04:16 PM
There's been something going around since Christmas. Sorry you and your family had to get it. :( I hope everyone is feeling better soon.
Everyone else, wash your hands ALOT:thumbsup:

Jessie
02-03-2008, 04:55 PM
There's been something going around since Christmas. Sorry you and your family had to get it. :( I hope everyone is feeling better soon.
Everyone else, wash your hands ALOT:thumbsup:

Yeah I'm such a ridiculous hand washer too. Constantly washing. I think I just let it slack when my DD got sick because I was just so busy taking care of her.

daparish
02-03-2008, 04:59 PM
It must be everywhere. I had it this weekend and several of my co workers have also had it recently. There was even a special a couple of weeks ago on our local news about how the emergency rooms have been flooded with people with this. I started to feel sick on Friday and today is the first day I feel really better.(I live just outside of New Orleans)

Kidsmom
02-03-2008, 06:18 PM
We have it in Upstate NY. DH out of commission for 3 days (lost 10 lbs and not big to begin with).
DD up last night for 6 hours straight with horrible screaming pains and vomited 15 times.
Hope the rest of don't get it.

BelleandtheBeast
02-03-2008, 08:04 PM
I had it over Christmas, my DS started it then it went to me, DH, mother in law, her boyfriend, and brother in law that traveled 10 hours to get it, LOL!!

Flower
02-03-2008, 08:17 PM
My 4 year old and I were both sick last Friday, he proceeded to vomit at least once a day thru to Thursday. It was strange because he was perfectly fine all day, would sleep for 2 hours and then wake up and vomit. The doctor basically said to wait it out.

Fortunately the baby did not vomit, but he had diharrea for a few days too, again, no fever or symptoms.

It has definitely been going around the area here too. I hope you feel better, especially with the :baby:.

ChipDale2708
02-03-2008, 08:23 PM
I had it last week and then my co-worker got it. We can't figure out where it came from since we hadn't heard of anyone else in our office having it. Mine lasted practically 24 hours to the second, but she had it for almost a week. Not fun - back to normal now!

Jessie
02-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Ugh you poor things!

I think that I've been catching more stomach bugs since having DD too. I think I went about 15 years without a major stomach bug and since having her two years ago, I've had about 4. Kids;)

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-03-2008, 10:01 PM
I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one who's been sick! I was off work 3 days this week, and as a friend puts it "I'm still off my kibble".

I hope everyone feels better really soon!

DisneyDudet
02-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Well, I should count myself lucky! My grandparents, aunt, uncle, and two cousins had it. Luckily, I, nor my parents have caught it. We haven't had any patients like that on our unit.

I hear its a pretty horrible few days if you have it. Hope you all and your families fell better quickly!

Wash your hands and Lysol EVERYTHING your hand touches (remotes, door knobs, toilets, handles to anything like cabinets or closets, your keys, etc), change your toothbrushes, and wash your sheets!!

prprincess
02-04-2008, 09:25 AM
My entire family had it last weekend. This week we're all sick with colds. Nice. :ill:

Marilyn Michetti
02-04-2008, 10:16 AM
HEY, CATNMOUSE, WELCOME TO INTERCOT !!!!:rocks::rocks:

murphy1
02-04-2008, 10:44 AM
This has been rampant at our school, too. They dubbed it the Kindergarten virus and told people in the newsletter to keep their kids home, b/c they were sending them in sick and other kids were getting it. My third grader didn't get it though.

DisneyDog
02-05-2008, 10:40 AM
I have been soooo sick! I went home Thursday with a sore throat. By 6:15pm I was shaking with massive chills. I was under 5 blankets (no joke) and crying because I couldn't stop shivering. The GI thing started overnight. I threw up 5 times in the middle of the night. Friday I had a fever all day, still the sore throat. Saturday my sore throat was even worse and I was so worn out I couldn't stay awake again. Sunday I was finally feeling a bit better and got out of bed. I stayed home from work yesterday but made sure I didn't nap at all. I'm back at work today (tuesday) but still really worn out. I can't keep any food down except for chicken noodle soup, toast or bananas. I have lost 7 pounds (the only good part :D) When will this end???