PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve

elmjimmlm
02-03-2008, 02:48 PM
I am curious what each park offers on New Years Eve...We will be there this year and I know that the parks close early...I would like to be able to have this planned out and know what park we will be at that day so we dont miss out...Thanks

DisneyFanaticDargon
02-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Each park tends to offer their own special fireworks, minus Animal Kingdom which never stays open that late. I actually worked New Year's Eve 2006 at Studios and they were passing out horns and plastic top hats and such. The fireworks were definitely pretty awesome.

Just be aware that New Years at Disney is one of the busiest times of year and if you want to see the fireworks at Epcot or MK, plan on getting there first thing in the morning because the parks will generally hit capacity and stop admitting guests midway through the day.

Funforall
02-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Actual events won't be released for quite a while. You can be sure though, that each park will have lots of fun.

The parks will be crowded and may fill up early. One year we spent the day at AK but went to MGM (sorry) for midnight.

Plan on it being extremely crowded and you will have a good time.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-03-2008, 09:18 PM
I personally haven't been there for NYE but a friend of mine has and she said it was a mob scene. The parks reach capacity really early too. I wouldn't count on being able to ride much or see many shows etc. Just soak up the atmosphere. But this is true of any holiday.