PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay in area?

wildernesslady
02-03-2008, 02:38 PM
We just found out we will be traveling in early April. A friend landed a spot on a reality dance show, and we are going to watch. That will be in West Hollywood. We also want to visit DL, and go to LaJolla Beach for sure. I've been to DL once, but did not venture further into LA. What would be our best location. We will have a car for the beach trip, but may not for everytihing else. What are other must do's. We should have a total of 3 free days. We'll probably get to tour Hollywood on taping day so that does not count in our 3 days. Thanks for any advice. I'm completely lost.

NotaGeek
02-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Well the Anaheim area is between La Jolla and LA/West Hollywood, do you want to say by Disneyland? If so there are several threads already going with hotels across from the resort and threads about the hotels at the DLR. If you want to stay outside the Disneyland area can you give a little more information about what you are looking for? There's lots of locals that post, but the area between La Jolla and Hollywood comprises thousands of Hotels ...

wildernesslady
02-04-2008, 07:44 PM
We may do 2 nights in Santa Monica and the rest in Aneheim. The Best Western Park Place looks OK. The DL resorts may be above our budget for a short notice trip and airfare is a lot more that we are used to paying for Florida. Any ideas for Santa Monica? I knew Intercot would steer me in the right direction. Thanks so much.

Aisling
02-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Okay, first off, how cool is that for your friend!! Can you say what show it is, or is that a secret? That sounds like a blast and a half.
Second, not sure about hotels in Santa Monica, I would stay in Venice just because it is so fun and quirky, but I don't know your style/preference. It's been years since I was in Santa Monica so I'm pretty sure it's changed since then.
Third, will you be staying in San Diego at all, or just driving down for the day to see La Jolla? If you are going to stay down here, I would recommend Mission Valley just because there a several hotels, reasonably priced, it's centrally located and you can get to La Jolla beach in about 15 minutes without traffic. La Jolla hotels will be pricey.
Fourth, if you are doing stuff in Hollywood, I won a raffle a few months ago with tickets for the Comedy Store and the Autry National Center & Museum. If you are interested in going to any of those places, I'd be happy to mail them to you. I don't think we'll ever make it up there to use them. Just let me know.:thumbsup:

NotaGeek
02-04-2008, 09:01 PM
We may do 2 nights in Santa Monica and the rest in Aneheim. The Best Western Park Place looks OK. The DL resorts may be above our budget for a short notice trip and airfare is a lot more that we are used to paying for Florida. Any ideas for Santa Monica? I knew Intercot would steer me in the right direction. Thanks so much.

As you can see from most of the posts in the accomodations thread there are 4 great properties right across the street from the DLR. The BW Park Place Inn, The Ramada Inn Maingate, The Fairfield Inn and the Park Vue inn. There are also other hotels that members talk about all the time, The Carousel Inn and The Candy Cane Inn ... but for a quick 2 day trip, I can't say enough about the BWPPI. Great staff and it is SO close to the front entrance ... super easy breezy!

Ok, as for Santa Monica, there are several hotels in the Santa Monica area, and LOTS of them are flea bags, so be careful. I have only stayed in 1 property in that area and it was the DoubleTree right on the beach. It was awesome, but it can be pricey ... try trip advisor and see what they say about hotels near the beach. There are tons of boutique hotels in the Prommenade area and on the beach, you will just have to do some research. (There is a hotel called the Sea Shore Motel (http://www.seashoremotel.com/index.html)that always gets good reviews, I have had several people I know stay there, and for the location and price, it's kind of perfect.

wildernesslady
02-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Thanks for your help. Aisling, we probably will not be able to use tickets, but thanks anyway. We will be driving to LaJolla for the day only. We will probably do that while we are in Anaheim. I think we will go with the Best Western Park Place. Thanks again.

wildernesslady
02-09-2008, 07:17 PM
We went with the Ramada Inn Maingate. They have a great special if you book 3 nights you get up to 2 free. $98.00 per night also. You did have to buy passes but they were on sale also. 5 day for 3 day price. We still are ahead even thought we will not use the extra days. Thanks to all in intercot that helped. I knew this was the right place to ask. The reality show we are going to see is Your Mama Can't Dance. It premieres on Lifetime 2/29/08 at 9:00 PM. Wish our friend luck. Thanks again.