PDA

View Full Version : How busy is it during Thanksgiving week?

Mommyx2
02-03-2008, 02:34 PM
We have been to Disney World 2 times, the week AFTER Thanksgiving. We have never been though DURING the week of Thanksgiving. Is that a very busy time to go? Would it be as busy as it is around New Year's / Christmas? We're trying to plan our next trip. We're looking at going during Thanksgiving week or the first week of January. We went this past January 2 - 9 and it was extremely busy the first several days we were there. We have never been there when it was so crowded. We're trying to figure out which would be the slowest of those 2 times. Anybody that can help me???

Thanks! :mickey:

DisneyFanaticDargon
02-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Having worked at Studios for both the Thanksgiving and Christmas - New Years Holidays I can say that the crowds during the week of Thanksgiving aren't AS bad as Christmas - New Years, but compared to the weeks between the two holidays, it is markedly busier during Thanksgiving with many wait times for attractions exceeding an hour or more.

If you have to pick between the two holiday periods, take Thanksgiving, but avoid both if you can in my opinion.

dizne4me
02-03-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm booked to go 12/4 - 12/8. I'm hoping that there are relatively low crowds - as I 've never been during that time period. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather - but I'm really hoping for low crowds....what do you think?

DisneyFanaticDargon
02-03-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm booked to go 12/4 - 12/8. I'm hoping that there are relatively low crowds - as I 've never been during that time period. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather - but I'm really hoping for low crowds....what do you think?

I think you'd be in luck, if you catch my drift. ;)

Darbylew
02-03-2008, 04:30 PM
We have never been during that week but had
some friends that did and they said it was very
crowded and would never go at that time again.
Hope it all works out for you and you have a
great time. :thumbsup::mickey:

Funforall
02-03-2008, 05:48 PM
We've been during Thanksgiving and had a great time but the crowds were bad. Not New Years or 4th of July bad, but still bad.
Have fun no matter when you go.

mousetrapper
02-04-2008, 11:47 AM
We enjoyed our stay at WDW during Thanksgiving week 2007 but it was more crowded than other times we've visited. We'd only gone during "off peak" times - October and November (non-holidays), so I can't really compare our Thanksgiving experience to anything else.

What helped immensely though was the extended hours. Some nights we were in the parks until after 2 am. When you go during off peak times, the parks close much earlier.