PDA

View Full Version : How busy is it during Thanksgiving week?

Mommyx2
02-03-2008, 02:33 PM
We have been to Disney World 2 times, the week AFTER Thanksgiving. We have never been though DURING the week of Thanksgiving. Is that a very busy time to go? Would it be as busy as it is around New Year's / Christmas? We're trying to plan our next trip. We're looking at going during Thanksgiving week or the first week of January. We went this past January 2 - 9 and it was extremely busy the first several days we were there. We have never been there when it was so crowded. We're trying to figure out which would be the slowest of those 2 times. Anybody that can help me???

Thanks! :mickey:

SAnderson70769
02-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Thanksgiving week is pretty crazy! I know you probably can't, but the week after is awesome and if you could wait until the 2nd week in January you would typically find lower crowds - however our experience lately has been WDW seems to be more and more crowded at all times of the year - However, I would avoid the week of Thanksgiving! I think the first week of Jan would be crowded but not as bad as Thanksgiving.

Vinny
02-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanksgiving week is definitely one of the busiest times at WDW. We have been there a few times in November and have found that the Saturday before Thanksgiving week itself is when the crowds really start to ramp up. The wait times for most rides were just about doubled and fastpasses ran out much earlier in the day, especially for Soarin, EE and similar rides. Christmas and New Years is another very busy time to go.

We went in early November last year (11/2-11/8) and had much more manageable crowds at that time. If you can book then or sometime in between the end of Thanksgiving and the start of the Christmas season, you may have better luck with the crowds.

Have fun planning!!

mickeymousedabomb
02-04-2008, 10:40 PM
We went this past T-day, we were in WDW from Nov 21 to Dec 1st. We LOVED it! Crowds.........what crowds?? T-day was on the 22nd, we were in MK that day and had 10-20 min wait times and some shows ended up being WALK ONS!! Oh we were definetly in our glory. We loved it so much we are planning our 2009 T-day to be in WDW again! The weather was great lines were minimal and everything we did was spectacular. I don't see us going in the summertime again :nono: We believe that Nov around T-day rocksin WDW! :cloud9: :dance: