PDA

View Full Version : POR vs. POFQ

bc002k
02-03-2008, 12:11 PM
'Scuse me if this thread has been done a million times, but I'm too lazy to do a search. Just wondering the general consensus for these two resorts.

E-OR
02-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Our family loves POFQ and has stayed here several times. It is a small quiet resort with a great pool, food court, and boat to DD. The walk to POR is a nice walk too. Our room has always been clean and the room size is fine for us. We are a family of 4 and have a roll-away brought in and it is still roomy enough. We have never been dissapointed staying here. Our next trip, Sept. 08, we are staying for the first time at POR. We have walked around this resort several times. We are requesting a room closer to the main building so we don't have to walk a mile to get to the food court and pool. Our family likes the ammenities here. Sit down restaurant, food court, boat rentals, and a boat to DD. Hopefully we will like this resort as much as POFQ.

SAnderson70769
02-04-2008, 10:40 PM
My family too LOVES the POFQ - very quiet - small - short walks to parking lots, buses, food court - great pool - boat to Downtown Disney. Great resort for a moderate level rate. Have fun!

Never stayed at POR, so I can't comment on it.

Little Einstein
02-08-2008, 08:58 PM
We just returned from POR and I really liked it!! I had originally had booked POFQ but changed at the last minute because the pool at POFQ was going to be closed for refurb. We checked it out though (along with Poly) and I am quite happy with POR and would stay there again in a minute. It is spread out but the landscaping is beautiful, you have many pools to chose from, the food is excellent and the beds are VERY comfy!

elmjimmlm
02-08-2008, 09:17 PM
We have stayed at POR for the past 2 years and are returning this year...We love it...We stay in building 14 or 18...We were close to it all...Quiet pool, food court and restaurant...It is not a bad walk to the bus stop either...I dont think that we would stay anywhere else...(unless we had more money:blush:)

#1donaldfan
02-08-2008, 11:47 PM
POR Riverside is very relaxing, very beautiful and very much the perfect place at Disney. We love the feeling of POR the very second we drive onto the property. There are 5 quiet pools, one main pool with a bar and hot tub, playground for the kiddies, fishing, personal watercraft rentals, boat rides to DtD. The food is great and the busses have never left us standed. You will surely love that resort.:mickey:

tink2006
02-09-2008, 09:43 AM
We have stayed at both, several times. We prefer POR because of the quiet pools. The grounds are beautiful, the staff friendly and the walk really isn't that bad. For us, it really put you in the Disney frame of mind. For a moderate, we feel it is the best :thumbsup:

DisFan01
02-09-2008, 10:03 AM
I would have to say POR. Great landscaping and scenery, plus not a long walk. To me, POFQ is just too plain, no water, no bridges, no nothing (it is better than value though)!

Just my opinion. :thumbsup:

ledudes
02-09-2008, 10:49 AM
I've never stayed at POR but have heard the buses take a bit longer. I know at POFQ we were picked up first so there were always seats on the bus but by the time we got to some of the POR stops, they were full. We love POFQ. Nice and small so not a lot of walking and we enjoyed the boat ride to DD.

Emsparents
02-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Size and food options are the biggest difference. We loved the small size of FQ and the fact that they are the first bus stop. PORS seems too big for us. The last time we were there we were in a room far away from the main building and it took quite a while to get to and from, so you have to plan accordingly. Also the bus stops can get crowded and by the time a bus gets to you it can be very full. Boatwrights is a great restaurant and their offerings are plentiful and very good. Enjoy your trip!!!