PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Beach Club

wifey5794
02-03-2008, 11:51 AM
My DS and DD and I will be staying there in June. I have never even visited this resort before. I chose it on its proximity to the Studios. What can I expect?

jefmblrd
02-03-2008, 01:16 PM
My wife and I are DVC members and The Beach Club is our home resort; we love it.

It's a gorgeous resort, and it's only a 5 minute walk to Epcot and a boatride (20 minutes or so) to the Studios. You can walk to the Studios as well, but we usually take the boat since we are walking so much in the parks. Eliminating two busses is a huge plus as far as I'm concerned.

The pool, Stormalong Bay, is the best on Disney property. It has a sand bottom and all the amenities you would want.

Beaches and Cream is right there at the pool for a great lunch or ice cream treat.

The Boardwalk is right across the bay; it's a fun place to visit, have something to eat, or just take a walk.

SharaLynn
02-03-2008, 02:22 PM
I was truly about to post this same thread...we really want to stay at BW on our next trip. The info so far is great...I can't wait to see what everyone has to say!

SharaLynn
02-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Oops! I meant BC! :blush:

trapper
02-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Well I've never stayed there but have visited to eat at Beaches n Cream which we love! I personally would love to stay there or any of the resorts around the Boardwalk area. I'd say try it!:mickey:

Meghan
02-03-2008, 02:38 PM
I haven't stayed at Beach Club, but I have stayed at Yacht Club. The location here is hard to beat. You can walk to Epcot, the Boardwalk, and Swan and Dolphin. There's also the boat over to the Studios. The only time you'll need to worry about taking a bus or driving is for when you go to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, DTD, or Waterparks. If you aren't using a park ticket the day you arrive, try walking towards Epcot anyway. You can catch a decent view of Illuminations from the walk way. It's a great way to get some top notch Disney entertainment without using a day off your ticket.

The pool is called Stormalong Bay and it's wonderful. It's almost a mini waterpark. If you haven't done so already, schedule at least one afternoon to swim here.

My mom and I really, really love eating at Cape May Cafe... but not for dinner! Oh no, it's the breakfast buffet that we love. It's our favorite breakfast on property to be exact. Yeah, we're weirdos. The characters (Minnnie, Goofy, Chip, Dale) are dressed in bathing suits, and the food is really delicious (theres a yogurt parfait station!).

Hopefully that helped some. I highly doubt you'll be disapointed with your selection. Good luck!

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-03-2008, 03:58 PM
I've stayed here once. It is beautiful! I like that you can walkt to Epcot or take a boat ride there and to Studios. If my husband and I could currently afford to stay at a deluxe it would be BC or GF. They are my favorite resorts.

playdead88
02-03-2008, 06:57 PM
it is a wonderful resort - and if you are an epcot lover you will not be disappointed - the walk to epcot is about 5-7 minutes - stormalong bay (the pool) alone is reason to stay there - its truly like a mini waterpark - the rooms are fabulous and the cape may breakfast is hard to beat - and beaches n cream soda shop has great ice cream - so far this is our favorite resort and after we have the chance to stay at all of the deluxe resorts at least once im sure the beach club will be 1st on the list to redo :thumbsup:

WDWgoofy
02-04-2008, 01:29 PM
My one stay at the BC was the single biggest disappointment ever at WDW. The hotel has an outstanding location and pool is great, but after that it is nothing special. Rooms are plain -- No themeing at all. :(
I willl never stay at BC again.

For me AKL, WL or CBR are the best.:mickey:

SharaLynn
02-04-2008, 03:56 PM
I have a quick question about the transportaion while at BC....I hope it fits in with this thread. I know the walk to Epcot is short, and it is thru the "back." Is it faster, easier, harder, etc. to go thru Epcot to take the Monorail to MK, or is it best just to wait for a bus? I know it is quite a hike, but does anyone have any pros/cons? Your help is appreciated!!! :rocks:

jefmblrd
02-04-2008, 05:43 PM
If you are going to MK first thing in the morning I would recommend you take a direct bus just due to the time factor-walking to Epcot, going through the gate, walking to the monorail, waiting for the monorail... If time is not important, then take the monorail route.

Depending on what we plan on doing that day, we'll sometimes start off the day in Epcot, ride Soarin once or twice right when the park opens, do a few other things in Epcot and then take the monorail to MK.

jakeybake
02-04-2008, 06:08 PM
My family and I stayed at the BC for the first time last August. Just look at my signature for a clue as to what we thought about it!!

I have stayed everywhere from the All Star Music to the Grand Floridian and my wife and I both said that we would never stay anywhere else again.

The location is the best on property. The resort is gorgeous. The pool is an attraction in itself and the restaraunt choices are top shelf.

Cape May Cafe is fantastic for both breakfast (characters) and dinner (clam bake). Yachtsman Steakhouse is great for a fancier meal. Beaches and Cream for burgers and ice cream is the best in WDW and the proximity to the Boardwalk, Epcot and Studios restaraunts is worth a stay in itself.

You will not regret staying there for one minute.

mouse-logic
02-05-2008, 02:31 PM
My one stay at the BC was the single biggest disappointment ever at WDW. The hotel has an outstanding location and pool is great, but after that it is nothing special. Rooms are plain -- No themeing at all. :(
I willl never stay at BC again.

For me AKL, WL or CBR are the best.:mickey:

This person has obviously never been to the mid-Atlantic and New England shore. That's the theme. However, I respect their view and agree that other resorts have a more specialize theme AK, Poly, etc.

But I've stayed at BCV three times...it's my DVC home resort. And, it is my first choice because of the location (EPCOT & DHS) and it has by far the best pool. Just my opinion.

You will enjoy your stay. Seriously.