PDA

View Full Version : Which restaurant for birthday dinner?

DisneyLove
02-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Hi all!

I posted on VP about general b-day ideas, and now i was looking for opinions on which restaurant for my sister's 17th b-day dinner. We're looking for fun and tasty (we have time to eat at other restaurants during our stay, but I want my sister's dinner to be awesome). The following are the 7 places I had in mind, but feel free to toss out any and all opinions!
Portobello Yacht Club (so delicious)
O'hana
Cinderella's Royal Table (haven't been here in years so this would be different)
Le Cellier
Raglan Road
Hollywood Brown Derby
California Grill

Thanks in advance!!

Katie:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
02-02-2008, 10:56 PM
California Grill is my favorite. I've been there for many birthdays, in fact, it's where I will be for my 43 on Feb 8th:mickey:
Happy birthday to your sister:party:

Donald's Girl
02-02-2008, 11:08 PM
My vote would be for Narcoosee's (which is where I just celebrated my birthday this past May). The food is fabulous and I think it is one of the prettiest settings in all the World!

deebee29
02-03-2008, 11:58 AM
I made an ADR for California Grill for my 20th birthday in May. Our ADR is for 9:30PM so we will be there during the fireworks!
Also made an ADR for Crystal Palace for lunch, still second-guessing that one, as I will be 20, and I've never been. Not sure if Im too old for that.:confused:

MickeyChick
02-03-2008, 12:53 PM
I highly recommend Ohana. The food there was excellent and the atmosphere is more vibrant and party-ish, IMHO, than some of the other places suggested.

We also ate at Raglan Road and it was VERY VERY loud. Like so loud we couldn't hear each other talking over the din. They did have an Irish step dancer who performed on a platform in the middle of the room every so often and that was pretty awesome.

KAT1811
02-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Not sure if Im too old for that.:confused:

Never too old! No such thing!

As for the OPs birthday dining question I would say California Grill. What a breathtaking view of WDW and a sophisticated dining experience.

Happy Birthday to your sister!!! I'm sure you'll have fun no matter where you dine as long as you are together!!!

Kairi_7378
02-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Of your choices, I would suggest CA Grill or O'hana's, depending on your and your sister's tastes. The Brown Derby is quite good, definately try it sometime. It didn't feel very "birthday-ish" to me, though. Kona Cafe in the Poly is another good restaurant... after the meal you could watch the fireworks on the beach. Good luck with your choice, and have a great trip!

TheMartellFamily
02-04-2008, 10:39 AM
O'Hanas is the best. This is the first choice on my list.

DisneyLove
02-05-2008, 10:45 AM
[QUOTE=KAT1811;1536958]Never too old! No such thing!

You're in Disney World, I agree! No such thing as too old! When we were down a few years ago, we did Crystal Palace for lunch, and it was mostly adults and we had a blast. My sister and I also did it for breakfast once, and we certainly weren't little kids (not on the outside anyway!) and it was great. Disney's about having fun!! Go for it:D