PDA

View Full Version : Best Pixar Film

jeddalynn
02-02-2008, 02:08 PM
What's your favorite pixar film and why?

I'm going to go with Ratatouille, though it was a hard fight. I think its destined to be a disney classic!:mickey:

SBETigg
02-02-2008, 02:13 PM
I still haven't seen Ratatouille! Shameful, I know. It's in my Netflix queue. I had to go with Finding Nemo.

Jared
02-02-2008, 02:28 PM
It's such a tough call, but here is how I would rank the Pixar films:

Finding Nemo
Ratatouille
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Monsters, Inc.
The Incredibles
A Bug's Life
Cars

The top three are almost interchangeable. I totally understand anyone who ranks "Ratatouille" as his favorite -- it's truly extraordinary.

jeddalynn
02-02-2008, 02:53 PM
It's such a tough call, but here is how I would rank the Pixar films:

Finding Nemo
Ratatouille
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Monsters, Inc.
The Incredibles
A Bug's Life
Cars

The top three are almost interchangeable. I totally understand anyone who ranks "Ratatouille" as his favorite -- it's truly extraordinary.

We got Ratatouille on Blu Ray. Absolutely stunning. I first watched the film in theatre and ran home and cooked a big batch of Ratatouille :D Get hungry every time I see that movie :)

Its a tough call but I'd rank it

1. Ratatouille.
2. Finding Nemo
3. Incredibles
4. Toy Story 2
5. Toy Story
6. Monsters Inc.
7. A Bugs Life
8. Cars.

Finding Nemo and Incredibles basically interchangable.

Cars just did work for me. However there was a little 5 yr. old boy over to my place a couple months ago and he bascially watched the movie with his jaw on the floor. Some people just 'got' Cars. I just wasn't one of them

PirateLover
02-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Very hard. I think Nemo is just overall the best film and that's what I voted for. Great story, adorable characters, wonderful coloring, mass appeal for both children and parents. But Toy Story will always hold a special place in my heart because it was the first one, and it's wonderful.

I still haven't seen Ratatouille! Shameful, I know. It's in my Netflix queue. I had to go with Finding Nemo.
Sherri, being the foodie that you are I'm sure you'll love Ratatouille. I think it's a great film, but that it caters more towards adults, so I can't vote it as the best.

Probably the only movie I didn't care much for was Cars. It just didn't appeal to me... I don't care much for racing and it felt very long. I like the overall message and there were some very funny lines but otherwise, not my cup of tea.

jeddalynn
02-02-2008, 03:04 PM
OH by the way!

I hope everyone has seen the trailers for Wall*E!!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/walle/

I can't wait!

KAJUNKING
02-02-2008, 03:36 PM
had to go with toy story on this one but i like them all

Jared
02-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Cars just did not work for me. However there was a little 5 yr. old boy over to my place a couple months ago and he bascially watched the movie with his jaw on the floor. Some people just 'got' Cars. I just wasn't one of them

Probably the only movie I didn't care much for was Cars. It just didn't appeal to me... I don't care much for racing and it felt very long. I like the overall message and there were some very funny lines but otherwise, not my cup of tea.
I agree with you guys. "Cars" is undoubtedly my least favorite. I don't know why, but it just didn't work for me, either.

RedSoxFan
02-02-2008, 04:24 PM
I picked Monsters, Inc. I have always liked this movie and hope it comes out on Blu Ray soon. I have Ratatouille on blu ray and the picture is just wonderful as is the movie. Ratatouille would be my second favorite followed by the Toy Story 1 & 2.

dlpmikki
02-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Cars and Bugs Life are not my favouites at all. I haven't seen Ratatouille so can't comment on that one. I like Incredibles and Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo but none of them have the same impact for me as Toy Story and Toy Story 2 (the very odd thing, a sequel that is good as the first film)

So I voted for Toy Story.

DakotaDisney
02-02-2008, 10:58 PM
1. Finding Nemo :mickey:
2. Toy Story
3. Toy Story 2
4. Cars
5. Monsters, Inc.
6. Ratatouille
7. The Incredibles
8. A Bug's Life

Melanie
02-03-2008, 02:17 AM
Just goes to show that there's something for everyone, because I love A Bug's Life and Cars is a family favorite.

Here's my order. I love or like all of them. :sulley:

1. Toy Story 2
2. A Bug's Life
3. Cars
4. Toy Story
5. Monsters, Inc.
6. Ratatouille
7. The Incredibles
8. Finding Nemo

jeddalynn
02-03-2008, 09:24 AM
I'm surprised theres not more love out there for the Incredibles! Its a such a sweet and fun movie. Edna rocks!:minnie:

Has anyone seen "Iron Giant"? It was Brad Bird's film before The Incredibles. It's totally under appreciated and not that many people have heard about it but its definatly top notch and I reccomend it.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-03-2008, 12:50 PM
I picked Ratatouille. Followed by Monsters Inc. Ratatouille was just so cute!

Least favorite is Finding Nemo.

Jared
02-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Has anyone seen "Iron Giant"? It was Brad Bird's film before The Incredibles. It's totally under appreciated and not that many people have heard about it but its definatly top notch and I reccomend it.
One of my good friends, an amateur filmmaker at New York University, recently said to me he thinks Brad Bird could be the world's greatest living director, considering his successes with "Iron Giant," "The Incredibles," and "Ratatouille." It's hyperbole, of course, to compare Bird to legends like Martin Scorcese, Francis Ford Coppola and Woody Allen, but I understood his point.

Bird handles animated pictures better than anybody. He directs each one with vision and heart, always remembering his true audience isn't small children, but entire families. Directors like Bird are the future of animation.

Pixar and Disney found a treasure.

Davyjones
02-03-2008, 01:58 PM
I voted for Finding Nemo! The movie had everything! Great story, lovable characters, incredible animation, all of it!!! The others are wonderful films too, but Nemo is still the best for me!

:dory: :nemo:

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
02-03-2008, 02:06 PM
I loved all Pixar movies (except Cars..) but my favorite is definately Finding Nemo. Why, I can't explain..it feels like such an intimate movie even though it was a huge blockbuster. I loved the archetypal characters, the backgrounds, the music (even so much I bought the Soundtrack) and I even love the Nemo rides in Disney

ChipnDaleGal
02-04-2008, 04:54 PM
I had to vote for Toy Story 2, as it is the one I am most emotionally invested in - great story. But I will always love, love, love A Bug's Life!! So it hurt me not to pick that one in the poll.

prprincess
02-05-2008, 09:04 AM
I still haven't seen Ratatouille! Shameful, I know. It's in my Netflix queue. I had to go with Finding Nemo.I haven't seen it either, so you're not the only one.

I think that all of the Pixar films are pure works of art. I mean, I sit there and watch them with my son, over and over, and they're just beautiful. So, I'll have to say that Finding Nemo is my favorite because it's just simply gorgeous, followed by Cars because I love the scenes out west.

poeticeclipse
02-05-2008, 10:01 AM
What a good question! I knew my top one right away but many of the other ones are interchangeable. I really can't define my love for Monsters Inc. I love all of the characters so much and the story is so unique. A Bug's Life is okay. But just didn't strike a chord with me like the others. I haven't seen Toy Story 2 in a long time but I do remember liking it in theaters.

1. Monsters Inc.
2. Toy Story
3. Ratatouille
4. Finding Nemo
5. Toy Story 2
6. The Incredibles
7. Cars
8. A Bug's Life

Disneypixie513
02-05-2008, 10:11 AM
My favorite is probably Monsters Inc. But The Incredibles is a very close 2nd.
Here my order though.
1. Monsters Inc.
2. The Incredibles
3. Finding Nemo
4. A Bug's Life
5. Toy Story
6. Toy Story 2
7. Cars
8. Ratatouille (Just too boring for me)

GrmGrninGost
02-07-2008, 07:15 PM
I voted for the Incredibles, but it was a tough decision! Why not ask me which is my favorite child?! Gee wiz! I'm glad I don't have to make decisions like this every day! :mickey:

IloveDisney71
02-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Toy Story is my favorite with Monster's Inc. running a close second. But I really like most of the other movies too!

trennedy
02-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Toy Story is my favorite movie, but the character of Mater in Cars is priceless.

Jeff G
02-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Toy Story & Toy Story 2 all the way. I hope TS3 in 2010 livesup to 1 & 2.

DisneyDD2
02-07-2008, 11:44 PM
They're all great, but I'm going with The Incredibles. I think the Pixar films are so much better than the Dreamworks animation movies, don't you think?

RAIDER
02-08-2008, 07:48 AM
I went for Bugs Life ..I thought it was the funniest and the most ingenious :thumbsup:

mtown71
02-11-2008, 10:32 PM
I picked Finding Nemo. I just love it!

Hayden's Dad
02-12-2008, 02:07 PM
I love the Incrdibles. It is an awesome movie with a great story, plus I can relate to Mr Incredible.

Mackflava99
02-12-2008, 03:02 PM
No doubt- the best of a tremendous lot-

The Incredibles-
I can watch it again and again-

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
02-12-2008, 03:22 PM
They're all great, but I'm going with The Incredibles. I think the Pixar films are so much better than the Dreamworks animation movies, don't you think?

The Dreamworks Animation movies are a boring bunch of wannabees..I disliked all the Shreks, the Ant Bully and Over the Hedge intensely and especially Open Season (featuring the voices of Martin Lawrence and Ashton Kutcher? That alone makes it a crime against film)

Kairi_7378
02-23-2008, 09:59 AM
I love them all. Even Cars! (It's probably because my DH loves NASCAR, and there is a lot of NASCAR humor in that one.) I think Nemo was the best of the pack- best story, very funny, and very endearing. Ratatouille is a close second. I love Remy! And it is an absolutely beautiful movie.

ibrowse17
02-23-2008, 10:04 AM
My DW and I vote for Finding Nemo. She loves that movie, and has about 20 Crush and Squirt plushes:thumbsup:

LauraleeH
02-23-2008, 12:12 PM
I voted for Ratatouille because I am in love with Paris and I want to go someday. My whole room is decorated to look French and the Eiffel Tower is everywhere. Ratatouille had some scenes in it that were absolutely amazing!
I love the other movies, especially Monsters Inc.
I didn't like A Bug's Life and I've tried watching The Incredibles twice but I couldn't sit for more than 10 minutes through it.

RedSoxandPatsfan
02-24-2008, 09:03 AM
I'd have to go with Monsters Inc. I could just watch tha one over and over. Finding Nemo is a close second for me really a coin flip between the two.

poohbearlover15
03-01-2008, 09:54 PM
I absolutley LOVE Finding Nemo!

WDWFREAK101
03-02-2008, 08:02 PM
I have to say Toy Story 2. I havn't liked any of Pixars latest movies. The Incredibles was pure torture (Sorry to be so harsh but i HATED that movie.) Cars was alright. It could have been edited to an hour and a half though. Ratatouille was so boring and WAYYYYY too long for me. I have to say that the animation is amazing in that movie though. I liked Ratatouille for the first hour. After that, i got so bored. What happened to the days when Pixar had good story and the movies were an hour and a half or less. It seems like every movie now a days HAS to be 2 hours. Cars, The Incredibles, Ratatouille were all WAY too long and too repetitive for me.
Cars: A racecar gets lost and lands in a town that nobody has ever heard of. Um... Ok?:confused:
The Incredibles: Spuerheros battle evil.
Yeah, that has never happened before :confused:
Ratatouille: A rat wants to cook. Original, but yet the same thing happens for over an hour and a half. After that, the point finally gets across.
I'm sorry for being so harsh, but i like Pixar's earlier work. Toy Story 2 has my vote. With Nemo at a VERY CLOSE second.

CU Tiger
03-03-2008, 01:09 PM
I have and do enjoy each of these movies when my DDs what them over and over again on DVD. Since they are the true experts, I let them make the decision and the winner was Monsters inc. :mickey:

gcbdad
03-04-2008, 07:42 AM
I have seen all of these several times. I mean the kids and I have seen them several times. :mickey::mickey:

I think our favorite is Finding Nemo although they all are great to watch.

mjaclyn
03-05-2008, 04:42 PM
I couldn't decide which movie to choose so I didn't vote. I LOVE most of the Pixar films and I have a few favorites!! My favorites are (in no particular order):

Ratatouille, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo and Toy Story

They're all so good!

snowflakegirl
03-14-2008, 11:39 AM
That was hard! I went with Finding Nemo though, becuase it's basically one of my all time favorite movies and always cheers me up when I've had a bad day.

I think if I were to rank them it would be:
1. Finding Nemo
2. Monster's Inc.
3. Ratatouille
4. Cars
5. Toy Story
6. The Incredibles
7. A Bug's Life
8. Toy Story 2

Honestly, I liked them all, and the first three are nearly interchangable as far as first goes. (Though DH would say that it should be Cars and Ratatouille tied for first, then Toy Story).