PDA

View Full Version : I need to book a room for 1 night

ljv1975
02-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Ok, our last day is March 7. We will be checking out of CS that morning, but we are spending the day in Epcot. We will be there late because it is our only day at Epcot and I would like to see Illuminations.

We have decided to visit DH's family in Atlanta which is a fairly decent drive from Orlando. So we need to stay somewhere after Epcot and get up super early to make the drive to Atlanta and arrive by late morning. I was just going to book a value, but then I realized the cheerleading competition starts that day (7th). We will need to get a good night's sleep and I worry after reading the stories about noisy cheerleaders at the values. I don't really want to spend the extra money for a moderate or deluxe since we really only need the room for a few hours sleep and we won't be enjoying anything else the resort has to offer such as pools or dining.

Should I just book a value for the night anyway? Which one do you think would be best in this situation? Or, should we drive north for about an hour and find a hotel along the way? :confused: Thanks!

Kathie_WE
02-02-2008, 12:49 PM
We have staid at the values during the cheeleader competitions and there were no problems. Since this is 1 night thing, I'd stay at a value.

On our Dec trip we came in late after attending a hockey game in Tampa. Rather than spend big $$$ for AKL, we went to Movies for the night. It was easy -- Disney took care of our bags and we simply moved our car.

Have fun!!

Kathie

murphy1
02-02-2008, 12:53 PM
I would book value if they have rooms available, they are fun to stay at and you will be right there. Off property I would stay at Radisson celebration or Comfort Inn LBV. Holiday Inn Express is another nice chain. We live in Atlanta and stay at Gainesville Cabot Lodge if you decide to drive an hour and a half or ever need a place on the way, it's right off I-75.

BronxTigger
02-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Have you tried to extend your visit at CS for one extra night? That would be less hassle than packing up, checking out, checking in, etc.

E-OR
02-02-2008, 01:21 PM
We are flying down a day early for our September vacation because of flight availability. We decided that we would stay at POP because we have been curious about this resort and then move to POR. We have stayed at a value during baseball tournaments. We had more problems with so many kids being there in the mornings. They were loud and the food court was packed until they all left for their games. We only had one bad night but someone must have complained and the noise and kids stopped quickly.

kathiep
02-02-2008, 05:08 PM
I don't think that I'd want to go through the hassle of organizing and packing only to check into another hotel. For only a little more, I would extend my stay at the moderate. Why take your chances on the road - sometimes you get lucky, but if don't....what then.