PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Extinct Attractions: Journey into Jungle Book In AK

jefmblrd
02-02-2008, 10:11 AM
I was just thinking about the Journey into Jungle Book show and how I had enjoyed it when I was in AK at the opening in April of 1998. When I went back the following April it was closed, and I was disappointed to learn that.

While it wasn't the best show in WDW, it was entertaining. I really liked the way they portrayed the tiger as a huge puppet with sections that made it look like it was moving more than it did. It also had its own pseudo version of the tumble monkeys in Festival of the Lion King- complete with a trampoline of sorts built in the front of the stage.

For those who aren't familiar with it, it was replaced by Tarzan Rocks-a show I didn't care for at all. Now they have enclosed the theatre and it houses the new Nemo show, which I love.

Just curious how many others remember this short-lived show and what they thought of it?

DizneyRox
02-02-2008, 10:48 AM
One of my favorites! Doesn't need to be fancy and all that jazz! I really don't think AK has done much wrong since they opened. The Pocahontus show leaves little to be desired, but other than that, I think they are batting 1000... Well, how about 900, take off a little for toning down CTX.

Err.. 750, I almost forgot about Din-O-Rama!

Still my favorite park by far...

RedheadWriter
02-02-2008, 05:29 PM
I loved the Jungle Book show. I have it on tape from May 1998. LOVED it!!! I thought Bagheera was the best. Thanks for reminiding me of this...I think I will watch the tape tonight. :mickey: