PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Concert Tickets?

DisneyLuver91
02-01-2008, 11:13 PM
I love the band Panic! At The Disco. Are there any sites that sell tickets basically dirt cheap? Being a teen without a job is tough and its hard to get out to do much. Help is appreciated! :blush:

PirateLover
02-02-2008, 01:12 AM
I don't really know of any. The sad thing is, these days if you can't get a ticket at face value when they first go on sale, you'll be paying more for them. Especially with sites like stub hub out there where they can just auction off tickets to the highest bidder. Sometimes if the event gets close and and tickets aren't sold, prices might drop.
I know what it's like by the way. I don't go to many shows anymore because of prices. I'm only 5 years out of high school but it seems like ticket prices have at least doubled in that time.

By the way, I also like Panic at the Disco and saw them live 2 years ago. Stage show was pretty cool but I definitely felt old! The crowd felt more like an N Sync concert than an alt show but whatev!

Tick-Tock
02-02-2008, 02:12 AM
It may not be too helpful, but at least join their fan club. The fan club for my favorite band usually has a presale that you can get great tickets for face value and don't have to pay Ticketmaster fees. From their website, it looks like Panic! does the same thing.

Dracula766
02-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Most shows that I go to are $20 or less but then again they are usually underground bands at small venues.
I do have a suggestion though. If you can make friends with someone at a local newspaper, magazine or other media outlet you can try to get tickets with a press pass. You'll have to work for it though. The record lablel usually requests you do an interview or review of the show.

I started a music magazine a few years ago but financially it didn't work out. I'm considering restarting it as a website simply because I like going to shows and getting free CDs.