02-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Is anyone here a hockey fan?

DonaldDuck1117
02-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Go Wings!! :number1:

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Go Wings!! :number1:

OH NO! Not a Wings fan! LOL. Nashville Predators hockey here.

The Wings are having a great year. I don't think anyone will be catching up to them.

Season ticket holder?

mouseaddict
02-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Hockey fan here..missing having an NHL team near me. I am a Sens fan but I have to say I don't think they will make it very far this year...

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-01-2008, 10:52 PM
They are number one in the Eastern conference. This year it is going to be hard to call who is making it to the playoffs. The teams are so close in points this year. Sens and Wings are the only ones with any kind of point lead.

joanna71985
02-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Let's Go Rangers!!

mouseaddict
02-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Sens may have the lead but they are not consistent. Their defense is just not that strong and when they go up against some of the tougher teams I think they will have trouble. Goaltending is a mess and the secondary scoring is hit or miss. I want them to win..I love my team! But I also see the strength of the other teams and I cringe!

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Our goaltending has been a little rough this year too. Trading Vokoun to the Panthers was a huge mistake Leipold made when he still owned the team.

Kathie_WE
02-02-2008, 02:42 AM
Go Lightning!!! Go Sabres!!

We are the proud parents of a 6 week old foster child (who we are praying to adopt). We feel like we've neglected him by passing up the opportunity to take him to 2 Lightning games... not cause of him but we were too tired. But trust us, he will go to a game this season!

Donald A
02-02-2008, 10:49 AM
I am a hocky fan! Indy really doesn't have pro hockey but like a very minor league team. Being from Cleveland we had decent hockey in the AHL that I enjoyed. My wife is from PA and is a Penguins fan, and despite my loyality to Cleveland pro sports she has me hooked. We try to take a trip to Pittsburgh once a season for a hockey game and I even have a Sidney Crosby jersey (:secret: don't tell anyone in Cleveland!)

Speedy1998
02-02-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm a hockey fan, but AHL we do not have an NHL team here. AHL does have certain advantages though, I can get ring side seats.. opps I mean seats against the glass for $50, and seats in the 2nd row are only 35.

Go Aeros.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-03-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm a hockey fan, but AHL we do not have an NHL team here. AHL does have certain advantages though, I can get ring side seats.. opps I mean seats against the glass for $50, and seats in the 2nd row are only 35.

Go Aeros.

Ya, there is no seats on the glass for $50 here.

I'm glad we have our team and I hope we can keep it. It really is a great sport.

The Aeros are in the same division as the Admirals. What NHL team is are the Aeros affiliated with?

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Go Lightning!!! Go Sabres!!

We are the proud parents of a 6 week old foster child (who we are praying to adopt). We feel like we've neglected him by passing up the opportunity to take him to 2 Lightning games... not cause of him but we were too tired. But trust us, he will go to a game this season!

Awww! I hope it works out for you.

It is always so cute to see babies in there hockey clothes. One of the guys who sits a couple seats down from me just had a baby boy a few months ago. He's brought him to one game. He likes hockey so much he named him after our goalie - Mason.

JPL
02-12-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm a little late replying here with all my Superbowl excitement :D I am a long time hockey fan it's by far my favorite sport. I am a huge Devils fan and season ticket holder.

Ian
02-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Huge Flyers fan here ... I've been watching hockey for almost 30 years and it's definitely my 2nd favorite sport behind football.

mouseaddict
02-12-2008, 10:25 AM
So...what about our big trade yesterday? (Ottawa-Carolina) I think it was a win-win situation. I am just glad Redden didn't go!

bleukarma
02-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Go Bolts!

I'm not a season ticket holder but I wish I was! I've been to 5 games so far this season. I love going to hockey games! The last one I went to was Bolts vs. Vancouver and it was a great game! Brad Richards earned his $7.2Mil that night!

IceRef
02-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Belle:

Most certainly a fan of the game with as much time as I spend in the rinks each season. I have to admit though to being a much bigger fan of college hockey over the pro game.

On Wisconsin --- Go Badgers
(Got to be at the Frozen Four Tournament when they won the National Title a few years back - which was a great time)

ok - If I have to pick a pro team, I'll cast a vote for the Blackhawks, even though they are struggling of late.

Jeff G
02-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Belle:

Most certainly a fan of the game with as much time as I spend in the rinks each season. I have to admit though to being a much bigger fan of college hockey over the pro game.

(Got to be at the Frozen Four Tournament when they won the National Title a few years back - which was a great time)

I'm in the same boat. I live in Cenrtal Wiscsonisn and we have no pro team within 4 hours and get sporadic coverage of the Wild on FSN. I do watch games when they are on, NBC has games weekly but now that I'm with Dish I don't get Versuses with my plan. It's hard to get behind a team when your watching different teams play every week. My DS is a huge fan of Sidney Crosby and whenver the Penguins are on he watches, we really enjoyed the outdoor game a few weeks back.

I've been to many Badger games in Madison and was also at the two games in Green Bay the year they won the national tite. Sitting though a five period scorelss game with the winner going to the frozen four was the best experience I've ever had at a sporting event (I was at Lambeau when the Pack won the NFC title over Carolina and it was awesome to but not as cool as that hockey game). The two games I made this year in Madison were disappointing though, they lost both.

My DS is nine and a squirt, no one told me how much of a commitement hockey was when I signed him up. I spend 4-5 days a week at the rink whether it's practice or games. I jokingly complain but I wouldn't change it.

Hockey is a close 2nd behind football as my favorite sport, I just wish I could play.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-12-2008, 03:23 PM
IAN - The Flyers...you have some of ex-Preds players. Hartnell seems to be doing well there! I know Upshall comes back to visit sometimes since he's good friends with Tootoo.

ICEREF and JEFF G. - You have the Milwaukee Admirals there...have you seen them play? I tried to find one of their jerseys when I was there last year but had no luck.

MOUSEADDICT - I'm very curious to see what occurs before the trade deadline...just a couple of weeks away.

Also curious to see who Forsberg signs with....

kakn7294
02-12-2008, 03:39 PM
I am a hocky fan! Indy really doesn't have pro hockey but like a very minor league team. Being from Cleveland we had decent hockey in the AHL that I enjoyed. My wife is from PA and is a Penguins fan, and despite my loyality to Cleveland pro sports she has me hooked. We try to take a trip to Pittsburgh once a season for a hockey game and I even have a Sidney Crosby jersey (:secret: don't tell anyone in Cleveland!)We're Pens fans also. When are you coming to Pgh for your annual game? It's so expensive that we haven't been going to games although we did have great seats given to us once last season. I used to go all the time back in the late 80's - early 90's.

JPL
02-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Also curious to see who Forsberg signs with....

I predict that if he comes back he will be a Flyer again.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-12-2008, 04:07 PM
I predict that if he comes back he will be a Flyer again.

He told Preds GM - David Poile that he wanted to come back to a team that would win the Stanley Cup. Preds definitely out....he declined the money they offered for this reason. Somone said Colorado but they are only 1 pt. ahead of the Preds. Based on current standings...I'd say Detroit, Dallas or Ottawa...they have the highest points. It will be interesting.

mouseaddict
02-12-2008, 04:52 PM
I hope Forsberg does not go to Ottawa...there are many others I would rather see. What Ottawa needs is a goaltender!
Minor hockey can be absolutely amazing. You are watching future NHL players..before the big contracts. Those kids play hard.
I grew up in Quebec, watched Mario Lemieux play in Laval. WOW! I was lucky enough to see many games at the Montreal Forum..the temple of hockey. But I think some of those junior games were more exciting!

Donald A
02-14-2008, 09:28 PM
We're Pens fans also. When are you coming to Pgh for your annual game? It's so expensive that we haven't been going to games although we did have great seats given to us once last season. I used to go all the time back in the late 80's - early 90's.

Kathy,
I am watching the Pens right now. We are coming next month for the NJ Devils game. Hopefully, Sidney is back. It is just a nice weekend for my wife and I to come over from Indy. We were going to stop by Atlanta and see the Pens/ Thrashers game on our way back up from Disney last month but we decided not to. Of course, in a couple years that may be the only way to do it as I am sure the new arena will be a hot ticket.

princessimagineer
02-14-2008, 10:10 PM
NEW JERSEY DEVILS

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Forsberg leaning toward Wild?

Posted: Saturday February 16, 2008 07:54AM ET

There is speculation the Minnesota Wild has moved on to Peter Forsberg's radar. Forsberg is said to be intrigued with the idea of centring Pavol Demitra and Marian Gaborik, and has a relationship with incoming owner Craig Leipold. If Simon Gagne is going to be out long-term in Philadelphia with a concussion, it could sway Forsberg to sign somewhere else.

sportsguy2315
02-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Belle:

la,la,la,la, I'm not listening! :rotfl: I'm a Gopher hockey fan because my hockey coach played for the U back in the 50's. As for the pros, I watch the Wild, but I'll root for anyone except for Vancouver (I believe they set a terrible example with their overphysical play), and Detroit and Ottawa (They're overrated and choke).

IceRef
02-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Jeff G:

I understand the passion for Badger hockey since moving here over 20 years ago. I can only add one additional experience that ranks just a little better than being in Milwaukee when they won the National Title.

The outdoor game at Lambeau when they faced Ohio State a few years back is a notch up on my scale. A group of us from around the state were even lucky enough to be officiating some of the preliminary exhibition games the day of that event. What an experience to be standing on that sheet in the middle of Lambeau on a perfect day for an outdoor game.

I feel for you also on the commitment to the sport when your child decides it a game they enjoy. Ours are still at it 22 years after the oldest one hit the Learn to Skate program. Life at the rink though does beat many other options.

Belle:

We do get to see the Admiral's a couple of times a year. Just a few weeks back we got to see a former Badger player skate the day before he was called back up to join the Toronto Maple Leafs.

If you’re still looking hard for that Admiral jersey, please shoot a post. My son is doing an internship with the team this semester as a UW - Madison student, and is at every home game. He may be able to help if you’re looking for the most recent logo.

alphamommy
02-24-2008, 07:04 PM
A little late chiming in, but...Let's go, Red Wings!

We're also fans of the Bruins - the Royal Oak Metro Sports Bruins, our DD's Mites team (ages 7-8).

We wish they'd realign the league so our Wings would face their traditional rivals more often (Maple Leafs, Canadiens, etc.). Regardless what anyone thinks, Colorado is NOT the Wings' biggest rivalry - maybe within the Western Conference, but not overall!

Tammy

Strmchsr
02-25-2008, 08:15 AM
I'm a huge hockey fan, and played since I was a little boy skating on Lake Champlain. Not so easy to play down here in the deep south. I'm a life-long Penguins fan, but when I moved to Huntsville, AL I went to Preds games all the time so I love the Preds as well. :number1:

JPL
02-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Well Forsberg has signed with the Avalanche which really is surprising since last I heard he wasn't coming back at all this season. And we are entering Zero Hour for the trade deadline and not one major move yet which is even more shocking.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-26-2008, 02:07 AM
Well Forsberg has signed with the Avalanche which really is surprising since last I heard he wasn't coming back at all this season. And we are entering Zero Hour for the trade deadline and not one major move yet which is even more shocking.

He says one thing and then does something else. If he wants a team with a chance at the stanley cup.....he shoud have a least picked on that were in the top 8 in the Conference. The Avalanche are number 10.

Interesting logic!

JPL
02-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Well with the addition of Hossa the Penguins just got really really scary in the East :hide2:

PirateLover
02-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Just wanted to pop in this thread as I'm still a big Flyers hockey fan. I think Forsberg was really "playing the field" so to speak. He told all of his friends that he was only going to one of his former teams, and would choose the team that was most competitive. All signs pointed to Flyers until Gagne was pronounced to be done for the season, Richards went down, and the Flyers went on at 10 game tailspin. His friends back here are pretty sure thats what tipped the scale to Colorado. I'm not too bummed out because I want to see what this guy has got. I believe that the Flyers have a great future, and that Forsberg really felt at home the short time he was here. However bringing him in now probably wouldn't have been an ideal situation for the Flyers who are struggling to find an identity and start clicking again. He would just be a huge elephant in the room. Who knows, if he still has it, he may decide to sign with us next season and in the meantime the Flyers can evaluate just how good he is from a distance. I think it works out on both sides.

Birnbaum has notin on me
02-28-2008, 07:00 PM
flyers

dbud83
02-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Another Flyers fan!
Vinny Prospel anyone?

Donald A
02-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Well with the addition of Hossa the Penguins just got really really scary in the East :hide2:

We are yet to see if it will work. The Pens gave up a lot to get him and after the injury last night he looks to be out about a week. That is a lot of time for a player that might just be here the rest of the season.

Malkin is a machine and Conklin is great in goal (except last night). There is a lot of potential there, but as last night proved, you can't take anything for granted.

It will be interesting to see how everything gels once Crosby comes back and when Fleury gets back in goal (I guess he is ready).

JPL
02-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Well on paper it looks scary ;)

PirateLover
02-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Another Flyers fan!
Vinny Prospel anyone?

My brother was the one who informed me of this trade and I laughed out loud. It's just so funny how the Flyers are always bringing back guys they traded away. I always liked Prospel though. We shall see.

Mr. Brass Bonanza
03-04-2008, 12:49 PM
As long as the Hurricanes, Rangers, and Bruins don't make the playoffs, all will be good.

I probably need not state my situation. Right now I'm a fan of my brother's deck hockey team. I have no interest in professional hockey, and won't again until the Whalers come home.

MMouse6937
03-16-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm a Wings fan orginially from Hockeytown stuck out here in the great desert Southwest :confused: DH is a Sabres fan. Hockey is one of the main reasons I miss home so much, it's certainly not for the weather :D Looking forward to the playoffs, just wish that the Wings did as great in those as they do in the regular season, time will tell! :hockey:

Hair_Razor
03-16-2008, 12:58 PM
BLUEJACKETS
:team:
Just had to put my 2 cents in nothing exciting this year unfortunately. :hockey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-17-2008, 11:58 AM
This year who know who will end up in the playoffs. A lot of these teams are really close.

In the Eastern Conference - Panthers, Capitals, Sabres are all within a point or two of Flyers. And the Rangers and Bruins are only a 3 points ahead of those teams. These last few games are really must wins for these guys.

In the Western Conference - Predators, Canucks, Avalanche, Flames and Wild are all within just 2 to 4 points of each other. It's a really close race with these teams.

It's will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

Quest4fun
03-18-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm a Wings fan orginially from Hockeytown stuck out here in the great desert Southwest :confused: DH is a Sabres fan. Hockey is one of the main reasons I miss home so much, it's certainly not for the weather :D Looking forward to the playoffs, just wish that the Wings did as great in those as they do in the regular season, time will tell! :hockey:

I must say that I am also a huge Wings fan and I'm sorry you have to share space with a Sabres fan.

I'm also a Ducks fan which I know is sacreligious to love the former Disney team. I have a personal invenstment in that team so I have to root for them.

When it comes down to it though I have to pick up my bucket of octopus and root for the Wings. They've got a chance to bring Lord Stanley's Cup home and I think we can expect to see it happen within the next ten years. I actually like that there isn't really a powerhouse team that wins every year. Hockey is the greatest sport ever.

MMouse6937
03-18-2008, 02:58 PM
I must say that I am also a huge Wings fan and I'm sorry you have to share space with a Sabres fan.

I'm also a Ducks fan which I know is sacreligious to love the former Disney team. I have a personal invenstment in that team so I have to root for them.

When it comes down to it though I have to pick up my bucket of octopus and root for the Wings. They've got a chance to bring Lord Stanley's Cup home and I think we can expect to see it happen within the next ten years. I actually like that there isn't really a powerhouse team that wins every year. Hockey is the greatest sport ever.

Sorry I hate the Ducks, Pronger is such a you know what. I can't believe he only got 8 games for stomping on someone's exposed calf. Kinda like the cheap shot he took on Holmstrom last year. I hope we wipe the ice with them this year.

I hope the Wings bring the cup home again this year. It's just so sad how well they do in the regular season, basically untouchable, and then kinda fall apart in the playoffs. It truly does become a different game post season. Anyone's cup at a certain point!

Quest4fun
03-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Sorry I hate the Ducks, Pronger is such a you know what. I can't believe he only got 8 games for stomping on someone's exposed calf. Kinda like the cheap shot he took on Holmstrom last year. I hope we wipe the ice with them this year.

I hope the Wings bring the cup home again this year. It's just so sad how well they do in the regular season, basically untouchable, and then kinda fall apart in the playoffs. It truly does become a different game post season. Anyone's cup at a certain point!

Everybody hates Pronger. There is a lack of class acts on that team. I'm amazed at how they've declined since winning the cup of cups. I've kept my cheering on the low side for them. I used to play hockey and I've taken a few cheap shots on opponents but nothing more than an elbow or high stick here and there.

The Wings have always had what it takes but for some reason they lose their tenacity in the post season. I think it's because they're trying to stay healthy and avoid taking the big hits they normally do. Frankly you have to be fearless to win in hockey.

bleukarma
03-18-2008, 03:38 PM
I have to admit, I miss Brad Richards. :( I don't think he was worth the money that we spent on him, but he was my favorite. I hope he does well in Dallas!!
At least we still have Vinny and Marty! And so far our new goalie Smith has been doing pretty well. Hopefully next season he can do something to help bring the Lighning to the playoffs!!

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-21-2008, 01:31 PM
Everybody hates Pronger. There is a lack of class acts on that team. I'm amazed at how they've declined since winning the cup of cups. I've kept my cheering on the low side for them. I used to play hockey and I've taken a few cheap shots on opponents but nothing more than an elbow or high stick here and there.

The Wings have always had what it takes but for some reason they lose their tenacity in the post season. I think it's because they're trying to stay healthy and avoid taking the big hits they normally do. Frankly you have to be fearless to win in hockey.

I don't know anyone that likes Proger or Joe Thornton from the Sharks.

As for the Wings....well being a Preds fan....we hate them. Last night they weren't playing like they were afraid to get injured. They kept trying to start fights with players. And ones that don't fight! The Wings do well because they have older experienced players. The Preds like to pick them young....Hartnell was only 17 when he started. I think that make a difference.

Donald A
03-24-2008, 11:23 AM
My wife and I just got back from a weekend trip to Pittsburgh to see the Pens play the :thedolls:

It was such an awesome game. All year we have watched them on TV and we got to see them up close, three rows from the glass.

The Pens are hot but I am wondering if Sidney Crosby will add or distract from the momentum when he comes back. They just have to make sure they let Geno keep doing whatever he has been even with Crosby back. Malkin owns the ice. You can see it when you are there live.

Rosanne
04-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Is anybody else seriously enjoying playoff hockey?

How do people not enjoy this sport? It's so amazing... so exciting! I turn on baseball after watching hockey and I want to take a nap.

Why why why is this sport not respected more? The players- so much more down to earth than other sports, so much tougher, so much more dedicated.

Case and point- Rangers/Devils last night, knock out a mouth full of teeth, back on the ice next shift. Avery gets a puck to the face, stitched up, didn't miss a shift. The hitting is insane. And they do this every other night, not ever weekend.

I love hockey. I love the NHL. I just wish more people appreciated it.

Anyone feel the same?