PDA

View Full Version : Playhouse Disney at DHS

Suz36
02-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Has anyone seen the new show? Which characters are there now? Same format? Puppets or full sized characters? My kids are anxious to know. Not that there's any rush - we officially hit the one year mark today! Wahoo! Thanks for any info!

ljv1975
02-01-2008, 05:00 PM
I haven't seen the show, but I am pretty sure the new characters are from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny and Little Einsteins. :mickey:

Carol
02-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Here is the press snippet released by Disney;

PLAYHOUSE DISNEY - LIVE ON STAGE!

Some of the most popular children’s TV characters from Playhouse Disney on Disney Channel come to life as never before in the new Playhouse Disney—Live on Stage! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.

Children are invited to sing, dance and play along as their beloved friends from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Little Einsteins and others appear in new live adventures. Mickey’s colorful clubhouse opens up with delightful characters and marvelous special effects to make kids a part of the interactive magic—helping their pals create the best birthday party ever for Minnie Mouse.

In addition to the bubbly, breezy effects, music also fills the air as youngsters join the gang in singing along with catchy tunes that make Playhouse Disney such a fun place every morning — only this time, they’re a part of the new fun. Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage! performs several times daily at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

scoot241
02-03-2008, 11:56 AM
My daughter will love this. Those are 3 of her favorite shows on Playhouse Disney. The only way they could make it any better for her is if the Doodlebops were there.

scootch713
02-03-2008, 02:19 PM
FINALLY............ what start date? tks

PinKy
02-03-2008, 07:53 PM
We're so excited about this!!

BelleandtheBeast
02-03-2008, 07:56 PM
My cousin just got back from Disney and was there for the very first showing. She said it was good, but of course they were still testing it. My son loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and I can't wait to take him to see this. He calls it Pickey and Oh, Tooty.

teamblackwell
02-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Meeshka, mooshka, mickey mouse!!!

p.s.
who's tootles?

FWcamper
02-04-2008, 06:13 AM
How long will this new format last? We are going in the summer of 09 and I hope the new Playhouse Disney is still there.

LarryBoy
02-04-2008, 08:28 AM
:( This makes me sad. I know this is what they are showing on PH Disney now, but I miss Book of Pooh, Bear, and Stanley. These were my sons favorite shows when he was younger. He's 7 now and prefers another networks cartoons, but it makes me sad that they replace their shows so frequently. Is it just me or is Manny just a Bob the Builder knock off. I thought Book of Pooh was one of the most creative and unique shows, and I love the fact that Bear was a Henson show. Oh well ...:cry:

Belle_0717
02-04-2008, 08:40 AM
HOT DOG! My 16 month old DNephew loves it. We were down in October and he loved the breakfast at H&V and we saw Handy Manny shooting some publicity photos!

This 32 yr old big kid can't wait to see the show in 26 days with DH! We will be the oldest kids there without kids of our own - yet!

aurora, ariel, and bell
02-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Is this included with the passes to the park or is it an extra charge? We are going in September with granddaughters 2,3 and 4 and these are their favorite shows!

scottgr
02-04-2008, 09:47 AM
It is a live show at one of the theaters at Disney Studios. The show plays thought the day. I have not been to the new one but old one was great...

TexasPrincessAurora
02-04-2008, 10:16 AM
It is included with park admission. It is one of the attractions at the Studios.

ljv1975
02-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Meeshka, mooshka, mickey mouse!!!

p.s.
who's tootles?

Tootles is the thing that holds all of the mouseketools. You call him/her(?) when you need one. :mickey:

Pooh Fan
02-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Wow!! My little mickey fan would absolutely love this. We hope to make it there some time this yeare and I know this would be a great attraction for my 4 year old.
:mickey:

wjrhw
02-04-2008, 01:27 PM
We saw the new show on Friday the 29th. Basically the main show is Mickey's Playhouse. They are planning a surprise party for Minnie and they use stories from the other shows to give them ideas.

DD6 liked it, but I thought the old show was much better. I just think the old shows had better songs and much more interesting scenery to look at. The new stage is much more sparse.

tinksmom02
02-04-2008, 08:16 PM
We enjoyed the old show, but I know DD would get more enjoyment out of this new one. The old show consisted of characters that aren't even portrayed on Disney anymore--not saying that that's a good thing, we loved Bear, especially breakfast w/bear--but many of today's preschoolers might not even know who Stanley is, for example.

We saw Playhouse Disney Live on Stage in December, and it was a great show--hopefully the DS show took some of those components!

ljv1975
02-04-2008, 10:55 PM
We are pretty excited to see the new show. To be honest I booked our trip for the first week of March mostly because I knew the new Playhouse Disney would be on by then. It might sound crazy to plan the dates of a trip around a show, but DD LOVES Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and this trip is for her after all!
At the time, she didn't watch any of the shows that the old show portrayed, so she probably wouldn't have liked it as much. Now she is getting into Jo Jo's Circus a little bit, but I don't think she has ever seen Bear in the Big Blue House or Stanley.
I am just looking forward to seeing her face when we see the show for the first time. I have a feeling we may be attending multiple performances!!

CanadianWDWFan
02-05-2008, 09:11 AM
As much as my youngest liked the old one, he will LOVE the new one. I guess that they are just changing the show to have more popular characters and shows.

DisneyDog
02-05-2008, 10:35 AM
We liked the old one, and DS does have a Bear video, but they don't really show those things much anymore. I was surprised to see Stanley being shown on tv the other day. The update was necessary for the little ones. This stage show needs to stay current because it's aimed at the littles Disney fans. It's not about nostalgia, it's got to be what's popular. DS will love this new version. And, Mickey should be the star of the show!

scootch713
02-05-2008, 10:36 AM
How long will this new format last? We are going in the summer of 09 and I hope the new Playhouse Disney is still there.

The last show hasn't changed in the 4 years straight that we went, so will probably run for awhile.

prprincess
02-05-2008, 11:36 AM
I really can't wait to see this new show and I know that my DSs will love it.

They only really used to watch Noggin and PBS, but I kinda wanted to psych them up (like they even know!) for our Disney trip in April so I switched them over to watching the Playhouse Disney shows. It's all they care about now, so I'm sure seeing all the characters in person will be amazing for them.

Can't wait!

Mackflava99
02-05-2008, 03:31 PM
This is a good change- So I am all for it.
But its not like there isnt alot of Minnie throughout the other parks- its always good to see different characters-

And these are good changes, that will be popular. I'd just rather not make it over moused....

Stanley wasn't very popular and I forget who else was there, but i know there were a few variations of PHD.

Bear will be a tough loss- I wonderered why he isnt shown much on tv- We always enjoyed his songs-Pip n Pop and tutter.... Oh well- I guess its good bye good bye , good friends good bye...( from Luna):(:cloud9:

Fruitcake
02-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Let me just say this....my 20 month old LOVED it!!! That's what matters to me! :mickey:

We arrived on 1/29 at 3:00pm just in time to see the parade...front row view at the end of the parade route. I had heard that the new Playhouse Disney show was to be opening in Feb, so I didn't really get my hopes up. After the parade, we headed towards the Animation area. Needless to say, I was ecstatic as we rounded the corner, and I saw that it WAS open!!! We ran up to discover that the last show was just about to start at 3:30pm. Grant it, my DH and I had never seen the old show, so we did not know what to expect. We sat down with my daughter, who didn't stay sitting for long. She was up and dancing for a good 10 minutes as she heard all the different Playhouse Disney music in the background. As the show started, she continued with "Mickey", "Toodles", "Where dog?" (looking for Pluto), "Darby", "Pooh", "bubbles" while dancing and pointing the entire time. Everyone around us got such a kick out of her. I personally enjoyed it...especially after seeing the joy it brought to her.

P.S. After exiting, we were able to meet with JoJo and Goliath...she wasn't too sure of them, though. Before they were there, Handy Manny and a couple of the Little Einsteins were there.

scoot241
02-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Let me just say this....my 20 month old LOVED it!!! That's what matters to me! :mickey:

We arrived on 1/29 at 3:00pm just in time to see the parade...front row view at the end of the parade route. I had heard that the new Playhouse Disney show was to be opening in Feb, so I didn't really get my hopes up. After the parade, we headed towards the Animation area. Needless to say, I was ecstatic as we rounded the corner, and I saw that it WAS open!!! We ran up to discover that the last show was just about to start at 3:30pm. Grant it, my DH and I had never seen the old show, so we did not know what to expect. We sat down with my daughter, who didn't stay sitting for long. She was up and dancing for a good 10 minutes as she heard all the different Playhouse Disney music in the background. As the show started, she continued with "Mickey", "Toodles", "Where dog?" (looking for Pluto), "Darby", "Pooh", "bubbles" while dancing and pointing the entire time. Everyone around us got such a kick out of her. I personally enjoyed it...especially after seeing the joy it brought to her.

P.S. After exiting, we were able to meet with JoJo and Goliath...she wasn't too sure of them, though. Before they were there, Handy Manny and a couple of the Little Einsteins were there.

So am I to take it that Darby & Pooh are in the show also? This show just keeps stacking up all my daughter's favorites. I have a feeling she's going to want to go more than once.

kaylamag
02-06-2008, 08:53 AM
We saw the show a few days ago. Seating is on the floor and we sat in the very front. I had trouble seeing the characters on stage so i am sure that my kids had trouble seeing too. The show was good, except for the fact that all we could see was the characters heads bobbing along the stage! I would recommend sitting further back.

Ian
02-06-2008, 09:33 AM
The last show hasn't changed in the 4 years straight that we went, so will probably run for awhile.Actually, they did make a change maybe two years ago when they replaced Rolie Polie Ollie with JoJo.

I'm looking forward to the new show. DD5 loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so I'm sure she'll appreciate the update. Also, DS1 is starting to get into PD a little bit (he seems to really like Little Einsteins), so he may get into this now.

They've got to keep it updated. It's a cross-promo for the Disney Channel, not a museum.

JohnnyJayhawk
02-06-2008, 01:06 PM
We all thought the new show was great, and I agree that while there are things that we miss as the parks evolve, change is good.

Mackflava99
02-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Wasnt Roly Poly Oli in the last version? or was it the one prior?

magicofdisney
02-08-2008, 09:13 AM
We just saw the new show on Tuesday and it was great. My 2yo son loved it! He's a huge Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fan and that's the major theming of the show. We loved the singing. Plus, there are a few surprises that come from above. It was really fun. :mickey:

KatGat
02-08-2008, 12:20 PM
We saw it two days ago (2/6) and it was ok. We did seem to have more trouble seeing the characters. Not sure why. The stage height seems to be the same as the old show, but the characters look strangely small in relation to the live hostess. It reminded me of the Playhouse Live concert we saw. It quickly goes through sets and characters from My friends tigger and pooh, Einsteins, Clubhouse... It still has bubbles and streamers and is interactive. You still have to squeeze in and sit on the floor though you still need space for your little one to stand up and dance, etc. I liked the hostess. Very energetic and fun. I liked the old show, but this one was fine, too.

catsmommy555
02-11-2008, 10:51 AM
The new show was great my little ones loved it we seen it twice. the first time we were in the front row and it was very had to see the puppets. The second time we sat at the back and was able to see everything much better. Because of the raised stage and the smaller puppets I would suggest sitting at least half way to the back so you can see it all.

mousehappy
02-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Wow i can't wait i go in 17 days without my children(anniversary Trip).Mydd and ds will absolutly love this show though they love mmph.Will they be selling all of the peices to the playhouse set they sell in stores??? Sometime they are hard to find.