PDA

View Full Version : tips for MGM

mom2four
02-01-2008, 02:17 PM
My son will be turning 9 while we are at WDW. We had planned to spend his BDAY at AK w/ aTusker House character breakfast and rainforest cafe lunch. Now he wants to do Hollywood Studios for his birthday. Amazing how fast the they change from animals, trains, tractors (little boy stuff) to things that go fast and make lots of noise even possibly blow up (big boy stuff) =)

Anyway, I need some ideas for dining at MGM. The day we go will be extra evening hours. Heard bad reviews for sci fi. Thought maybe Mama Melrose. Any thoughts let me know. We will probably do Pizza Planet for lunch or dinner and then something special for the other meal.

Thanks!

jwildflower1981
02-01-2008, 02:42 PM
If you do decide to do Mama Melrose try to get the Fantasmic package. However, our favorite eatery in DHS id '50's Primetim Cafe. Enjoy. Have a great trip.

vicster
02-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Ditto on 50s Prime Time!

DisneyDD2
02-01-2008, 03:40 PM
And another ditto on 50's PTC! The food is good and it's a lot of fun!

rcaide
02-01-2008, 03:44 PM
I replied on another one of your posts but I vote for a boat ride over to YC/BC to eat at Beaches & Cream. Get the kitchen sink for the kids and let the whole restaurant sing to your DS. Great food, great fun!

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-01-2008, 03:46 PM
I agree with rcaide.

I'm not a fan of the food at MGM. It is the only park that I don't really like to eat in.

Natazu
02-01-2008, 07:42 PM
While Brown Derby is by far the best restaurant at MGM, I have to say for a 9yr old birthday dinner, 50s Prime Time would be a real treat. The food's pretty good but the experience is something special and unique.

Jared
02-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Besides The Hollywood Brown Derby, the dining situation at Disney's Hollywood Studios is pretty lackluster for both table and counter service. My family generally avoids the park entirely.

But if you do want to try something, I also recommend 50's Prime Time Cafe. The food is pretty good, and it's simply a lot of fun!

My family likes Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano more than most, but I can't recommend it because I've read too many negative reviews.

:tasty:

goin2disney
02-01-2008, 10:37 PM
I am in the minority here but we went to 50s Prime Time and we were not too impressed. It was also my birthday. Now on the other hand even though the food is not the greatest we LOVE Sci-Fi. My boys are 6 and 8 and LOVE it!!!

Mickey 101
02-02-2008, 01:54 AM
The best FOOD at MGM is Hollywood Brown Derby. If you're going more for the experience, though, Prime Time or Sci Fi are probably better choices. You could even do Prime Time for lunch and Sci Fi for desert........that way he gets to try both. Have a great trip!