PDA

View Full Version : Princess & Pirate Party

sneadhead
02-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Just wondering what people who have been to this this. Is it worth the money? I will have 4 children with me (DD 12, DD8, DS4, and DN 9). My 4 year old son is OBSESSED with Pirates of the Caribbean and Jack Sparrow? What do you think?

mom2four
02-01-2008, 02:21 PM
I just bought our tickets. We have never been to WDW before. At first I thought no way, way to expensive.

When reading reviews however, people said the rides were open (which I did not realize) and that they could ride virtually w/out waiting in line. One review I read said they went on Splash Mountain 4x w/no wait.

For me, that sounded great! I also loved their special parade.

HTH!

AZ Disney
02-01-2008, 02:56 PM
We just went and it was worth every penny for us. My boys dressed up as pirates which they loved. The fireworks and parade were great too. We didn't do any character meets that evening - lines were really long.
We rode the following rides:

Space Mtn x3
Buzz x3
Stitch x1 and never again
Astro Orbiter x 2
BTMR x 5
I think there was more, but this was so fun, just going over and over with no line.

Contemporary Gal
02-01-2008, 03:20 PM
We just went on 1/21/08 and it was definitely worth the price. We had such a good time that we bought tickets for the one on 1/26/08 and had an equally good experience at that one although it rained a little bit that night. The fireworks were incredible. They had a castmember dressed up as Captain Jack Sparrow and he was so convincing I would have sworn it was Johnny Depp. And yes, the rides were walk on. We lost count of the times we rode Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I think we were even allowed to stay on Big Thunder for a second go round since there was no one in line. My kids walked right onto Buzz Lightyear several times. Even the rides in Toontown were open. The only rides that were closed were Jungle Cruise, Carousel of Progress, Liberty Square Riverboats, and the train. The longest line of the night was to buy funnel cakes at Sleepy Hollow :D My older son was a little disappointed in the booty they were giving out though. He thought it was going to be chocolate gold coins and candy necklaces but it turns out that Disney stopped giving out candy altogether and were just giving out necklaces and jewels. A castmember told me that they did a survey of parents and they overwhelmingly didn't want candy given out. Guess they didn't survey the kids. If you decide to attend have a great time and enjoy yourselves.

snerd475
02-01-2008, 07:39 PM
It was awesome! Yes, the trinkets handed out are not exciting, but we rode Buzz 3 times in a row. The longest we waited for anything was about 5 minutes. I was also there on 1/26, and it rained a bit, but that pales in comparison to the whole atmosphere! Make sure you get a good spot near the castle for an amazing fireworks display. We were on the path from Adventureland, and had a great view.
If you have costumes, wear them! It makes it so much more fun! I can't wait until the next one!

linedropper
02-01-2008, 08:11 PM
We did P&P on 1-26-2008, We found the extra pictures(with Cinderellas carriage, with Jack Sparrow and others) to be great! The line for JAck Sparrow was only like 15 minutes and well worth it! Photopass got us some great pictures that were the highlight of the trip for our ds5 and ds2, He asked ds2 if he had a ship and he said no, but I have a tractor! Even Jack Sparrow had to laugh! Lines for rides were non existent, maybe a 5 minute wait at the longest! Fireworks were my favorite of any we have seen! The pirates firing on the castle was awesome! And the parade was great to! Not to mention all the extra little things Disney puts up to make you feel like the night is special! We would pay double what they charged! A Great night and it was the last of our 10 day trip which made it extra special!:mickey:

DisneyGiant
02-01-2008, 09:02 PM
We're really hoping they add dates in August!!!

Too hot for the boys to dress up - but maybe we'll get them the Mickey ears pirate bandana!

jedi jen
02-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Please let them add dates in August. :fingers: Why don't they come out with the dates already; what is taking them so long, anyway? :D

:mickey:

dizneeat
02-02-2008, 02:45 AM
They are already advertising them for August and September on their wonderful weeks of Disney pages! So I guess all we need to wait for is the dates!

playdead88
02-02-2008, 08:32 AM
it sounds awesome!! we are going in april and im starting to go a little coo-coo waiting to buy my tix - they aren't on sale yet - i was hoping that maybe feb 1st would bring the release of the ticket sales but yet again i was wrong - so im gonna keep waiting and hoping that disney would take more of my money soon! :crazy::spend:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
02-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Went 1-21-08 and we looooved it. We are going to go back, just haven't decided on a date (or dates) yet. We missed getting pics with Captain Jack, so we have to do that, and the fireworks were well worth going a second time. My DD loved the little "jewels" and necklaces they gave out for the treasure, although she was upset that she didn't get candy. Oh well, it didn't bug her long.

kakn7294
02-02-2008, 03:39 PM
We liked it - the fireworks were awesome (some of the best I've seen at Disney) and the parade was cool. It was great walking onto all the rides - the character lines were looooong. We enjoyed it but don't really want to spend the money to do it again. I'm hoping it doesn't start in August until after we've been there. Not knowing the dates makes planning ADR's and an itinerary a bit more tricky. Last year, all of our ADR's were set when they announced the dates - it turns out that EVERY date for the week we were there was also the same day we had planned to spend at MK. It took away significant park time for 2 days of our trip (we actually attended the party on one day or it would have been 3) and our ADR's weren't able to be rearranged.

LCPZA
02-02-2008, 08:34 PM
I went on MLK 21st and the 26th(?) anyway IT was HOrrible. I think the only good thing about it was there was the park was empty and you could ride the rides fast with no to little lines.
I have been to MVMCP and MNSSHP and LOVED both. THe parade for this party was horrible. I was not happy about sitting down and waiting for that parade. Will I do it again? I dont believe so, I would rather spend the money on something else.

baby minnie's mommy
02-02-2008, 09:52 PM
That really stinks that they don't give candy anymore! :( What kind of "jewels" do they give? I've never done the P&P party. One thing I was excited about was letting DD go collect the candy. I'm not too thrilled about beads, especially if they're those Mardi Gras type.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
02-02-2008, 11:56 PM
That really stinks that they don't give candy anymore! :( What kind of "jewels" do they give? I've never done the P&P party. One thing I was excited about was letting DD go collect the candy. I'm not too thrilled about beads, especially if they're those Mardi Gras type.

they're larger fake diamonds, rubies, emeralds, etc. made of plastic. they aren't tiny, but they aren't huge either... about an inch or so. the beads are typical beads...lol i dunno how to describe them really. mardi gras beads i guess would be right. but the beads are smaller than i have usually seen. so they aren't too obnoxious.

kakn7294
02-03-2008, 12:31 AM
they're larger fake diamonds, rubies, emeralds, etc. made of plastic. they aren't tiny, but they aren't huge either... about an inch or so. the beads are typical beads...lol i dunno how to describe them really. mardi gras beads i guess would be right. but the beads are smaller than i have usually seen. so they aren't too obnoxious.Wouldn't those "gems" be a choking hazard to small children?

bertmmur
02-03-2008, 07:38 AM
We went last year during Mardi Gras (see you are from LA too). It was our first trip to Disney and we were so hesitant to spend the extra money. But we were so glad we did, it was one of the best days of the trip. Kids got to ride their favorites over and over with no wait, so worth every penny. I agree about Captain Jack, he was very convincing. And the fireworks were awesome, an unexpected surprise for us. We did not make time for the treasure hunt activities, just having too much fun running on and off rides that are usually packed. We are going March 21 and are so disappointed that there is no party for us this year. Have fun!

Nurse Kim
02-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Should I go ahead and buy our tickets since we leave March 9? I don't wnat to take the chance of our tickets not getting her before we leave.