PDA

View Full Version : EE & RNR Coasters

Rekenna
02-01-2008, 12:01 PM
HI everyone! We are getting ready to go to ESPN the weekend!

Since I have been pregnant the last couple of times we have gone to WDW I have never ridden Exp Everest or Rock N Roller Coaster. Can anyone provide some info about these rides? I'm just wondering about dips, etc. I know that EE goes fast and drops backward and that RNR corkscrews.

Not to be a spoilsport, i just need to know before I go!

Thanks!:mickey:

Tygger7
02-01-2008, 12:36 PM
HI everyone! We are getting ready to go to ESPN the weekend!

Since I have been pregnant the last couple of times we have gone to WDW I have never ridden Exp Everest or Rock N Roller Coaster. Can anyone provide some info about these rides? I'm just wondering about dips, etc. I know that EE goes fast and drops backward and that RNR corkscrews.

Thanks!:mickey:

WARNING: I'm posting some info that could spoil the ride if you've never been on it before, so if you don't want to know, don't read any further.:mickey:

I'm not a "coaster" person, and love both of these rides. RnRC launches you from 0-60mph in 2 seconds, straight into a corkscrew. Honestly, it's dark with special (concert style) lighting so I can't explain exactly what else goes on, but there are no drops, just a lot of twists. Also, there is Aerosmith music pumped into your seat and the whole ride is timed to the soundtrack. This ride is a total blast!

EE is a larger coaster, with track inside and outside the mountain. There is a section where the train stops and then spirals backwards into the mountain, in the dark. There are no loops, just a tight spiraling turn. Once the train stops and goes forward again, you go right back out of the mountain and down an 80' drop. It's not a super steep or scary drop, and curves at the bottom so you have a really nice, smooth transition.

These aren't the biggest, fastest, or tallest coasters, but IMHO they are the most fun because of all the Disney touches. Definitely give them a try at least once!

ltam16
02-01-2008, 12:56 PM
My 6 & 8 year old want to go on. What do you think. They like BTM & SplashM. 8 year old was not crazy about SpaceM.

Opinions?

Donald
02-01-2008, 01:04 PM
My 8 yr. old son rode both EE and RnRC with me and enjoyed them both. I believe that RnRC was a little intense for him, though I don't think he would admit it. EE was a blast! He rode it and wanted to get right back on! The drops are not intense and the ride is quite smooth. He was leary of the yeti, but just kept his eyes closed at the end.:mickey:

Rekenna
02-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Thanks Tygger7 that is exactly the info I needed-I will definetly make sure to ride both rides!:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
02-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Love 'em both....!!

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-01-2008, 03:18 PM
If you are a coaster lover RNRC will be more of your style. It's my favorite. I was disappointed in EE. It had so much hype and I really expected more but it is still fun.

MushuGrl
02-01-2008, 03:21 PM
I had my eyes shut during the drop in EE - the only way I knew we HAD dropped was I could tell I was now outside!

I am by NO means a rollercoaster freak but I LOVED EE!

RNR was closed last time I went. III got an excuuuuuse....

jsw123
02-01-2008, 09:38 PM
It depends what you are used to. I'm from Ohio, near King's Island. If you're used to roller coasters like The Beast or The Vortex here, both of these roller coasters will be nowhere near the "thrill"/ "fright" factor! My Mom doesn't like coasters, but rode them both at WDW. She was more freaked by RNR than EE.

However, EE is very cool with the scenery and all. Truly a different experience! I'd try them both!

Rekenna
02-02-2008, 02:32 PM
It depends what you are used to. I'm from Ohio, near King's Island. If you're used to roller coasters like The Beast or The Vortex here, both of these roller coasters will be nowhere near the "thrill"/ "fright" factor! My Mom doesn't like coasters, but rode them both at WDW. She was more freaked by RNR than EE.

However, EE is very cool with the scenery and all. Truly a different experience! I'd try them both!

How awesome! We are from the greater Cincinnati area too and have gone to PKI many times-so we are experienced with The Beast! Since having my kids I haven't rode any of the "good rides", so I'm trying to get back in the saddle. Thanks for the info on EE and RnRC.:mickey:

DisneyDD2
02-04-2008, 10:06 AM
EE is one of my DW's favorite coasters anywhere. It's such a fun, smooth, thrilling, thematic ride. My favorite part of that ride is riding up front (you have to get in a special line near the boarding area). It's worth the extra wait to be up front and see the ride as it was meant to be seen, without other cars obstructing your view.

thrillme
02-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Don't be afraid of anything. They are both great coasters. Unless you have a true medical disability that limits you from experiencing anything. Don't sell yourself short. Enjoy the THRILL it only lasts for a minute or two.

And to you Ohio dudes and dudettes...I really enjoyed Cedar Point last summer. "Top Thrill Dragster" was a blast...unfortunately the line was long and I would have loved to do it a couple of more times. :thumbsup: I really enjoyed Busch Gardens "Griffin" too in Williamsburg Virginia.