View Full Version : Sad News

02-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Yesterday afternoon we had to put our dog (chocolate Lab) Snickers to sleep :(

We found out news years eve that he had a very aggressive bone cancer.

He was a wonderful dog for 14 years, and now he is out of his old and painful body running around and playing in heaven.

02-01-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm so sorry that he's gone. I know how dogs can become such an important part of one's life.

Here's some :pixie: for you in hopes that you'll be comforted.

02-01-2008, 11:56 AM
:paw: sending puppy kisses to comfort you from our Yorkie gang here. 14 years is an incredibly long life for a lab and I know that everyday you have them makes it that much longer to let go. I know you will miss him dearly but relieved that he is out of pain. It's a tough and brave thing to do. Sending :pixie:

02-01-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

02-01-2008, 12:52 PM
So sorry to hear this. :sad:

02-01-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm so sorry. Hugs to you!

02-01-2008, 01:32 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss.

Marilyn Michetti
02-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Doggie hugs from me and Cody. Our Bassett Bentley, had to be put down in Nov. because of Valley Fever. He was also 14, and I miss him every day.

DD has a little Pit Bull named Snickers. It's a sweet name.:dog:

02-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Thank you everyone for you kind words.

02-01-2008, 02:34 PM
:hug: awwww, I am so sorry!! I am a chocolate lab owner myself -- SUCH a great breed for families. Hugs for all of you!

02-01-2008, 02:42 PM
The loss of a pet is so very sad.:(

02-01-2008, 02:49 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.
I also had a chocolate lab named Fozzie that we had to have put to sleep and she was 13.
I hope you can take comfort knowing that he is now out of pain.

We have a new choco lab now that is almost 4.
They are the greatest dogs and have so much love to give.

02-01-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm so sorry :( It's so hard to lose a pet. Fourteen years is a long time but it seems so short when they're gone. :pixie:

02-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Poor Snickers. I'm sorry that he had such a horrendous disease. I'm sure that he knew you loved him. Dogs have this great way of snuggling into our laps and our hearts. Pull out some pictures of him and frame them....if you haven't already. Looking at him will make you remember all the good times.

02-01-2008, 05:11 PM
I too had a 14 year old lab, Abby, that had to be put to sleep, but that was 2 years ago, and even now, every yellow lab i see looks like, or reminds me of Abby:(

02-01-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm sorry for the loss of your Snickers.

02-01-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm a cat person myself and I know how hard it is to lose them. You can take comfort in knowing that he had a wonderful life with you. And when it got hard for him, you did the right thing for him. I'm sure he's running around like he did when he was a puppy, with all our pets that have gone before us. Someday we will all be together again. :cloud9:

Donald A
02-02-2008, 10:55 AM
I am so sorry, we have a black lab mix named Snickers but that we call Nikki.

I know it doesn't make it easier, but 14 years old is a nice long (and I am sure happy) life when there are so many animals out there without loving homes.

02-02-2008, 11:29 AM
:( I am sorry for the loss of your Snickers. I can imagine how much you must miss him, even though you are comforted that he is no longer suffering and is well and whole again.

02-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Very sad to read the news. You are in my thoughts.

02-02-2008, 10:07 PM
I am so sorry. My Beaux is 8 years old and I truly dread the day I will be faced with this tough decision. He is the only dog I have ever owned and he is my baby (no kids). I can only imagine your pain but will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Dixie Springs
02-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Very sorry for your loss. We had to put ours to sleep last year. She was only 11, so it was a bit of a surprise. Very difficult decision.

02-04-2008, 09:12 PM
So sorry to hear about the loss of your dog, and for the tough decision that you have had to make. Pets really become a part of the family, so make sure you give yourself some time to grieve for him. :dog:

02-04-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm so sorry. I know how painful it is to lose a pet. We had to make a tough decision a few years ago when our cat got cancer. It's not easy. :( People that don't have pets don't always understand how much they become a part of your family.
Our vet sent us a poem called "The Rainbow Bridge" and it was so sweet. I bet if you google the title you can read it too. It helps to think that your pet is waiting for you over the rainbow bridge!

02-05-2008, 04:36 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your dog Snickers. We lost our 14 year old dog, Sneakers (similar name!) a little over a year ago, and our 12 year old dog Tango, at the end of December, just one year after we lost Sneakers. It's been very difficult living without them. The house is so quiet now. We have adopted some cats because we aren't ready for more dogs. Perhaps someday.

02-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Sorry to hear the news about your dog.... I had to see two of my dogs put to sleep.... I still miss them....

02-05-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm really sorry about your dog. I love my dog and would be devistated if anything happened to him.


02-06-2008, 01:00 AM
Oh it makes a girl cry - I am so sorry - My heart goes out to you & your family - I wish there was a way to ease your pain, time will help thank goodness.