PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs close to parks?

WDWFan2005
02-01-2008, 10:30 AM
For years we have been staying at The Boardwalk and just LOVED that we were basically walking distance to both Epcot and the Studios. At the end of the day we could just relax at the World Showcase and saunter back to the hotel without worrying about buses, etc.

This spring we'll be staying at Saratoga Springs for the first time. How close is it to the parks? Are there things to do for a toddler at the resort? like a playground, etc, for later in the day? Are we really walking distance to Downtown Disney? How about walking to the parks? :)

Thanks

WDWFan2005

ibrowse17
02-01-2008, 10:32 AM
It is in walking distance of DTD, which means it is pretty far from the other parks. Too far to walk, that is for sure!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
02-01-2008, 10:55 AM
SSR is not in walking distance of any of the parks, only Downtown Disney.

My DD is 4 and she had a great time there for our trip in September. We were there for 10 days. She loved the Grandstand pool and the main pool. The kiddie slide at the main pool was great for her.

I know there is a playground but I do not know where it is. We stay at the parks late so, we never went looking for it. ;)

The walk to DTD is not bad. My DD did ride in her stroller for the walk over and we took the boat back.

We love Saratoga. We are looking forward to our next stay there in December!!

Btw...There are lots of opinions on the best section to get for what reasons. View, distance to Artists Palette, etc. We loved the Grandstand section because it was a short walk to the main building. Most importantly it was the first bus stop to be picked up and dropped off so we knew our kids would always have a seat to the parks. It was often standing only by the time we got to The Springs so, DH would stand and the kids and I would sit. (I was one month shy of my third knee surgery so I was not able to stand on the buses, DD sat on my lap if the bus was crowded).

Have a great time!!:mickey:

BrerGnat
02-01-2008, 11:59 AM
There are like 3 large playgrounds at SSR. I have seen pics of them online.

Honestly, they are GOOD playgrounds...I wish every WDW resort had playgrounds like those. It's too bad SSR is sooooo big and not near any parks, or we'd consider staying there. As it is, it's just too large a property for us...we like our resorts condensed and close to at least one park. :(

MsMin
02-01-2008, 12:20 PM
I don't have babies but I was pleasantly surprised at how much we loved staying at SSR. It was our first time in Oct. We stayed in Congress Park b/c we were more interested in walking to DTD and we enjoyed the view of the lake which may not be comforting if you have a toddler that may get out and fall in:(
After staying at BWV and walking almost everywhere I was surprised at how much we enjoyed hopping on a bus. We thought we would miss walking through EPCOT stopping at the fountain bakery for breakfast then grabbing the monorail to MK but the buses are faster and we never had to stand (but this was October w/ lighter crowds) and with morning beauty sessions and deciding what to wear w/ older dd's we don't make it out during the mad exodus to the parks in the early a.m.
I look forward to staying there again. Looking back I guess we spent so much time walking from BWV and returning to the room b/c it was close that SSR was a nice change. The BWV buses make so many stops btwn the 3 resorts that it seems to take forever.
The main pool did look like fun too, even my girls commented on wanting to go for a swim and thats something considering the amount of "beauty time" it would take up ;)

wdw538884
02-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Others have already told you about how close it is and isnt to the parks, other than DTD, when I stayed at SSR I was very happy with the layout, and the room itself, however, I was a smoker... I have since quit, THANK YOU VERY MUCH:thumbsup:, but when I went to step out on the balcony to smoke, as to not smoke in the room, the spider webs and actual spiders in webs on the balconies and around the windows were disgusting and far too numerous to get rid of myself. I knocked some down, only to have them all back the next day. For the amount that they charged I was very disappointed. I have stayed at most of the on property resorts at Disney and this was the most disappointing by far.:confused: