PDA

View Full Version : Dress code signature dining?

rcaide
02-01-2008, 07:17 AM
We chose the deluxe dining plan for our Dec trip and for the 1st time we would like to try some of the 2TS places. One of the members of our party only wears jeans and sneakers. I could probably get then into a decent shirt but no dress pants, etc. How out of place would you feel in jeans at one of these restaurants? I just thought I would check in advance and see if jeans and a sweater would fit in at Narcoosee's Cali Grill, etc. Thanks for the help.

Seasonscraps
02-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Dress code for the signature dining is business casual defined as follows per Intercot's Info Central tab:

Business Casual Dress Code

Attire considered appropriate by this dress code is:
• Dress shorts
• Dress pants
• Jean pants
• Collared shirts
• Blouses
• Sweaters
• T-shirts

Please Note; On July 1, 2007, Disney changed the dress code policy to include T-shirts.

Attire not permitted by this dress code is:
• Hats
• Swimsuits
• Swimsuit cover-up's
• Tank tops
• Torn clothing
• Flip-flops

TheRustyScupper
02-01-2008, 01:23 PM
1) I would not worry about it.
2) Signature Dining dress codes have become very lax.
3) They do not enforce the guidelines.
4) Pity.

mudpuppysmom
02-01-2008, 02:26 PM
First, let me say that when we dine at a signature restaurant we dress as we should -- business casual usually. I am strictly a jeans and tshirt kind of gal as in my DH and DS, but we do make an honest effort to look decent when we go to these restaurants.

That said, we were at Cali Grill two Sundays ago and I saw a LOT of people there in jeans and tshirts and no one said anything to them -- they were out of place though and very noticeable -- they stood out of the crowd so to speak. More often than not people dress how they should and also of note is that when you make an ADR they always advise you of the dress code, whether you tell them you know what it is or not -- they still go over it with you just to refresh your memory (at least that is what they tell me!).

Would I stress about it -- probabaly not, but I think that if they tell you the dress code is X than you should at least make an attemt to comply. Sometimes things just happen and you can't always look fantastic while there though.

rcaide
02-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the replies. I fudged a little and said t-shirts were not allowed :blush:. I thought at least a nice shirt with jeans would be OK. I know we will probably eat early and then head out to one of the parks. I thought that the later in the evening the dressier the attire. Of course, I could be wrong about that. Anyway, I will probably schedule early ADRs.