PDA

View Full Version : Reviews of Concourse Steakhouse?

Mysttree
01-31-2008, 06:09 PM
Greetings,
I have rarely seen any comments-- good or bad regarding Concourse Steakhouse. I assume that is why they are re-doing it. However my Dm has decided that she wants to eat there, simply b/c it's a steakhouse (she's from TX) and it's available...
Any feedback would be appreciated.
TIA

BronxTigger
01-31-2008, 07:16 PM
Go! Even if just because then you can say you went before it closed.

I ate their for breakfast and I enjoyed it. I've heard good things about their dinners also.

wendy*darling
01-31-2008, 07:38 PM
It is a very good place for breakfast (steak & eggs!) and dinner.
I would also go- just because soon you won't be able to- but also because it is a really good place to dine. :thumbsup:

tadshome
01-31-2008, 07:40 PM
We love the concourse steak house and will be sad to see it go :cry:

alpro2
01-31-2008, 07:46 PM
Dined there about four years ago. I enjoyed the meal very much. CM's did an expceptional job as well.

ginger19
01-31-2008, 08:06 PM
I just ate there last weekend and really enjoyed it :thumbsup: I would say that we are very picky and we surprisingly liked almost everything.
I had the beef tenderloin which was fantastic and my DH had a buffalo tenderloin which was the special. His was even better than mine. The waiter was fantastic (Jorge).
the only thing I would not recommend was the lobster bisque. It had almost no lobster flavor at all so I would avoid that one dish. My only other complaint was that you could hear the noise from Chef Mickey's but that didn't bother us too much.

Enjoy

DreamFinder2
01-31-2008, 08:11 PM
My DW and I eat there every time we go...generally for lunch. It's always very good and the service is great.

phillydan
01-31-2008, 10:00 PM
Outstanding dinner for the whole family! Kids are 12, 10 & 5; wife is particular about how beef is cooked. Everyone was happy! Having the monorail buzz by overhead was pretty cool as well. Go before it's gone.

johnsouthjersey
01-31-2008, 10:55 PM
Our family had dinner there during our '05 trip and enjoyed it very much, a happy memory. I recall enjoying the salad as well as my steak. The kids (then 7 and 9) had rainbow bread grilled cheese sandwiches. Service was among the friendliest anywhere, a kick back and relax, unrushed sort of place. This year we had steak upstairs at the California Grill, you could cut it with a butter knife, it was that tender. But for this trip hope that you do enjoy the under-rated Concourse before it's gone forever.

pox24
02-01-2008, 09:10 AM
In all our WDW adventures we have eaten there the most often. As recently as last Thursday night. We are going to miss it. Its not premier steak joint, nor is it a Wrangler. Its perfect. Good food, great service, fairly priced, and in a great location. By all means go before May 11th. Thats when its scheduled to close.:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
02-01-2008, 12:02 PM
DH and I ate there for the first time this past December, and were very pleased with our meal.

We both had the shellfish bisque, which we thought was excellent. Very flavorful and delicious.

The crab cake appetizer was very good, and we shared that. We both got the filet, and they were cooked perfectly. Absolutely wonderful.

We had excellent service. Our server was very knowledgeable about wine, and was a big help in choosing the best wines for our tastes.

Hopefully the new restaurant will be even better!

CleveSJM
02-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Another good recommendation here. Any place can have a bad night, but we have enjoyed both our dinners at the CS. Kids liked it too! :thumbsup: