PDA

View Full Version : Not Impressed with Lights, Motors, Actions

Airblue1
01-31-2008, 12:24 PM
My wife and I really were not impressed with the production of Lights, Motors, Actions. We found it to be a very slow production and at times very boring. Understandibly they have to set up all the props etc.. However it was very long and the actions scenes seemed to be okay at best. This is my opionion and does not reflect those of intercot or DWD.
Thanks

DizneyRox
01-31-2008, 12:43 PM
Welcome to the club. It's not something I would put any effort into seeing again. I can watch imports burn out and such on Saturday nights all year. Not something I need to go out of my way to see on vacation.

Jeff
01-31-2008, 12:48 PM
We saw it once. That was enough.

SurferStitch
01-31-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm sorry you didn't like it. Like any other attraction, it's not for everyone.

DH and I love cars and precision driving, so we love the show (we are big muscle car geeks). We watch it every time we visit WDW. The amount of skill and training that go into that kind of driving is amazing, and is something we would love to master someday.

I'll take your spot in line in May! :secret:

mickey&missy
01-31-2008, 12:54 PM
We felt the same! DH was so excited to see it and we were very disappointed!

Ian
01-31-2008, 12:57 PM
Welcome to the club. It's not something I would put any effort into seeing again. I can watch imports burn out and such on Saturday nights all year. Not something I need to go out of my way to see on vacation.:ditto:

We saw it once. That was enough.:ditto:

One of the biggest wastes of space and money Disney has trotted out in ages, IMO. We hated it.

Airblue1
01-31-2008, 01:05 PM
I understand if you like stunt shows etc... However, this show could be done better. It just seems to drag on and on. I also think all hype has made it miss the mark causing the production to be a let down.
:sick:

DisneyGiant
01-31-2008, 01:09 PM
I, too, have no desire to go back there again. Epsecially during the hot month of August!!!

IloveDisney71
01-31-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm sorry you didn't like it. Like any other attraction, it's not for everyone.

DH and I love cars and precision driving, so we love the show (we are big muscle car geeks). We watch it every time we visit WDW. The amount of skill and training that go into that kind of driving is amazing, and is something we would love to master someday.

I'll take your spot in line in May! :secret:

I'm glad someone else liked it besides me and my family. We thought the stunt driving was impressive. While it's not a must see for us, we do enjoy catching the show when we can.

Stich8818
01-31-2008, 01:15 PM
We were getting ready to get in line and we were standing out at the big sign beginng to walk in and my wife and both looked at each other and said.."Do you"...then said..No..After seeing it on everything about the studios..I just didnt want to see it...You know?

LONESTAR
01-31-2008, 01:19 PM
We do it about every other trip it is nothing special to us. I thank It could have been themed better and tied into a Disney movie. Which would have made it more interesting. If it tied to any movie it would be better.

Marker
01-31-2008, 01:34 PM
I guess I'm in the minority on this one. Not an unfamiliar place for me. But I rather like the show.

First time I saw it, I thought it was pretty cool. Of course, on subsequent visits the "cool" factor was not as great because just like watching a rerun on TV, I'd already seen it. And much like any other show at WDW or anywhere, it'll never have that first time coolness. Nonetheless, I still enjoy watching.

Perhaps I'm just old, and have low expectations, but I still give it a thumbs up. :thumbsup:

DisneyDD2
01-31-2008, 01:39 PM
So would you guys recommend the Indiana Jones Stunt Show above the Lights, Motors, Action?

mdearmas
01-31-2008, 01:44 PM
My wife and I were not huge fans of the show. I just think that it takes an enormus amount of space on the backlot that could be used to add possibly several more attractions and rides to a park that desperately need it. Just my Humble Opinion!

:goofy:

disneymom15
01-31-2008, 01:52 PM
We liked it, however, after seeing it once it does get a bit boring. I wish they would update it on a yearly basis.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
01-31-2008, 02:22 PM
So would you guys recommend the Indiana Jones Stunt Show above the Lights, Motors, Action?I like Lights, Motors, Action and can stay awake during it on subsequent visits. I can't say the same for the Indiana Jones show.

:sleepin::sleepin::sleepin:

JerseyMouse
01-31-2008, 02:25 PM
Myself and DW didn't care for it, either.

KylesMom
01-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Although DH and I thought the seating and entry into the show was so-so (and circulation was terrible in the theater), DS (who was 8 at the time) really thought the show was cool. In fact, he's made me promise to go see it again on our next trip. He had fun trying to catch the cars on his camera "flying" through the air.:mickey:

EmiB
01-31-2008, 03:10 PM
I like Lights, Motors, Action and can stay awake during it on subsequent visits. I can't say the same for the Indiana Jones show.

:sleepin::sleepin::sleepin:

Haha I am the exact opposite.
I can hardly sit through Lights, Motors, Action...but LOVE Indiana Jones.

And let me note that I don't even care for the Indiana Jones movies...

jpH/keD
01-31-2008, 03:11 PM
We thought it was cool. We have a 4 yr old DS who LOVES anything on wheels!! He and his dad will probably go see it again but DD7 and I will head straight to B&BLOS everytime!! Its all preference! :thumbsup: ps this is my 250th post! :party:

DakotaDisney
01-31-2008, 03:37 PM
I liked it! :thumbsup:

It's not my favorite thing, but I thought it was cool!

The second time around might not be as cool as the first, but I liked it. Updating or changing once in a while might be a good idea.

I am not a big car fan, but I thought the driving was impressive. Much better than just a wild west or human only stunt show.

I think it is definitely worth seeing at least once, but not necessarily every visit.

bleukarma
01-31-2008, 03:59 PM
I love fast cars, but this is not on my “must see” list anymore since I’ve already seen it a few times. I agree that once you’ve seen it once the magic kind of wears off. And I doubt I will ever see it again in the summer heat.

Magic Smiles
01-31-2008, 04:14 PM
I have seen it three times and have enjoyed it every time. Not sure if I would go to see it again now though. Three times was enough and I got to video tape it, so can now watch it whenever I want.

Seasonscraps
01-31-2008, 04:30 PM
Lights Motor Action is ok. I saw it and would see it again but it's not on my must see list.

Indiana Jones I liked a little better but will only see it every couple of years or if I was with someone that REALLY wanted to see it.

LONESTAR
01-31-2008, 08:04 PM
We see Indiana Jones every time and love it cant say the same for the other.

WDW_Obsessed
01-31-2008, 08:32 PM
I really like the show. I think it's fun and exciting to see people pull off such cools stunts I could never imagine doing!:thumbsup:I wouldn't choose it over RnRc or the Great Movie Ride, but it's definitley still fun to "ooh and ahh" at all the cool stuff they do.

JuicyMoose17
01-31-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm mssing the Golden Girls House they tore down to put that up. haha

phillydan
01-31-2008, 10:15 PM
I enjoyed the show, but once was enough. Sort of feel the same about Indy, but that is because it is sooo long and the kids get restless.

SpecJoe Magic
01-31-2008, 11:14 PM
My wife and I can take it or leave it. I find it to be a little slow between stunts because of all of the setup that is required. I really like the stunts themselves, but sometimes I don't want to allow time for the show. Plus, the seating is rather uncomfortable, especially on a hot day.

We have a friend who is a car fanatic. He and his wife saw the show for the first time last May, and he said that it's one of his favorite attractions at WDW.

I know where you are coming from. I'd rather have a different attraction in that space, but my guess is that the show has big support from people like our friend. The fact that WDW has something for everyone is what makes it so wonderful. :mickey:

Melanie
01-31-2008, 11:27 PM
Once was plenty for me, but I guess we'll continue to see it as long as our sons wish to.

Not sure if they still do this, but the way folks were seated back when it first opened was terrible. I felt like we were cattle and I got terribly claustrophobic.

RAIDER
02-01-2008, 04:04 AM
For me its something you see once just like the indiana jones show .I saw it for the second time last year and to be honest i was quite bored :blush:

jefmblrd
02-02-2008, 10:19 AM
My wife and I saw Lights, Motors, Action on our visit last April and will never go back. We found it pointless and boring and wanted to leave halfway through.

I'm glad it's there for the people who like it, because an earlier poster was correct that there is something for everyone at WDW-this one is just not for us.

Daisy'sMom
02-02-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm mssing the Golden Girls House they tore down to put that up. haha

I know what you mean. I miss the house and that part of the tour. They really messed up big time in my opinion. Lights, Motors, Action, we thought that show would never end. It is a waste of space. We won't do that again.:(

PetefromRI
02-02-2008, 03:29 PM
I kept sitting there waiting for something big to happen and it never really did.I think that this whole park has to be rethought out.It's got so much potential and they really need some major rides other than R&R and ToT.

princessjojo
02-02-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm really glad to hear this. I kinda hate that we'd missed it in 2006, and was planning to catch it in 2008, but now, I think I'll place it on our list, but closer to the bottom, and if we don't get to it, then oh well, so be it. There won't be much effort in rushing there to catch it.

Thanks again for helping me out with this.

Flower
02-02-2008, 08:10 PM
We like it, my almost 4-year old loves it and talks about it everyday.

Brandon was disappointed in January because Herbie was not cut in half - do they not do that anymore? And I noticed the commentary has changed, where they used to ask Herbie what is was like starring with Lindsay Lohan, they now just asked him what it was like starring with all of the 'leading ladies'.

The other thing they did not do was bring out and show the reverse car like they always had in the past. (I was wondering if it may have been because of mechanical problems that day)

daparish
02-03-2008, 06:58 AM
I think I am in the minority because I really liked this show and I also really like Indiana Jones but really don't care for Fantasmic.

Crow
02-03-2008, 09:26 PM
I agree. it was ok to see once, but not a must do every trip. i didnt see it last trip

Kidsmom
02-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Thought Lights was pretty good. Kids really loved it.

Hated Indy, but loved the movies. I will never do Indy again as it was soooo slow and pretty predictable. My kids had never heard of Indy movies so I had to explain. When we got home we rented the first one; forgot how violent they were and not real appropriate for little kids.

ParkMan
02-03-2008, 10:47 PM
We really liked the show.

When we saw if last summer, we hadn't seen it before, but had done pretty much everything else in the park. Even on a hot day, we thought it was a lot of fun.

We're not car people or anything like that. We just enjoyed the well put together show and some of the neat tricks.

We went again in December.

Now that we've seen it a couple of times, it won't be a must, but would certainly do it if the timing worked OK.

My recommendation
- if you haven't seen it before
- have done much of the rest of the park
- are open to cars, loud noises, etc...
I'd definitely go for it.

If you have to choose between Indiana Jones & this, it comes down to a choice between human stunts and car stunts. Decide which kind you like and go from there.

NJ Camper
02-03-2008, 11:05 PM
I thought it was good have seen it 4 times and would do it agian not a must see but worth the time if you have time :mickey:

JPL
02-03-2008, 11:08 PM
The show doesn't seem to flow very well and the movie aspect doesn't make much sense :confused: I think they could have done a much better job on it.

Soul_Power
02-04-2008, 02:23 AM
I think it's definitely worth seeing once. After that, though, it's not a "must see" whatsoever!

applecore72
02-04-2008, 04:44 AM
I'm not a fan of the light, action and motorcars show either.

Me and DD left the show after 20 minutes and had some icecream instead! :cloud9:

(and I will not go and see it again)

DigitalDaredevil
02-05-2008, 03:11 AM
They show was enjoyable the first time, but it dos move slow at times.
I have seen it several times, but I won't go back unless I'm with someone who has never seen it.
I give credit to the stuntmen and actors who do this and other shows day in day out, several times a day and keep their skill level so high and treat the audience like it was their first show too. I always wondered how performers keep from getting bored/complacent/tired of doing the same, repetitious activity every day.

splashtest
02-05-2008, 10:18 AM
I too felt this show was one big snoozefest!!!

#1donaldfan
02-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Can't say I didn't like it, but we did it once and most likely wont do it again.....it's just one of those type of shows......"been there done that" type.........

2Epcot
02-05-2008, 11:17 PM
I enjoy the show. I can see why some people find it slow, especially with the setups. I guess I'm used to that. I've sat through the filming of many 30 minute sitcoms that take anywhere from 3 to 5 hours to shoot and rarely get bored.

I think one thing that would make the show better is that if it was just a continous story, instead of them shooting scenes. Of course I understand why the show is that way ... the park is a *cough* studio ... yeah, right.

porfer08
02-05-2008, 11:31 PM
We hated it. It was hot, incredibly loud, and pointless. They did some really cool trick, and then ruined it by telling you how they did it! The bleachers are also very uncomfortable.

Needless to say, we won't be doing it again. Biggest waste of time on our trip.

Laughin' place
02-15-2008, 02:09 PM
I have figured out why, for me, some attractions work again and again (and again, we could ride certain favorites forever), and some are "one and done" , or at least arent "must do".
If the attraction has charcters that engage me and the attraction has 'story' and heart, I cant get enough. Lights doesnt have interesting characters, and there is no real story or heart either. Its a bunch of stunts, and thats fun to see once, or every once in awhile. My two new sons, who have never been, will probably love it. For us, tho, it will never be a favorite because it lacks the heart and beloved characters that turn a basic dark "carnival midway" ride like PPF into a cherished classic:idea:

alyssaºoº
02-15-2008, 11:21 PM
it was ok, but once was enough for me

rubato
02-16-2008, 11:36 AM
We really enjoyed it. My hubby of course, found an error in their trivia and figured out the backwards car within a minute. My son was in awe. Especially when Herbie showed up!

ºoºalyssaluvsmickeyºoº
02-16-2008, 03:51 PM
once was enough for us to.We live 3 miles outside Philly an see people drive like this all the time.:D

TheRustyScupper
02-17-2008, 12:26 PM
1) I agree
. . . it is a so-so attraction
. . . it takes up space which could be better used
2) Unfortunately
. . . it was brought over from Disney-Paris
. . . no extra creativity
. . . it was "relatively" cheap to build

IMHO: In a rush to add new attractions, they brought in anything they could work. The driving is good, but the cars are so rigged that it is not that difficult to do. One of the drivers worked with us until he tried-out and got the driving job. He was telling us how un-tricky it really was.

CU Tiger
02-17-2008, 09:06 PM
It was exciting the first time we watched it, but now we skip it unless we need to get some time off of our feet. It is entertaining, but once you see it, it is “been there, done that, move on”.:mickey:

NJ Camper
02-17-2008, 09:15 PM
I some what agree it was diffently better the first time but not a total right off i think a every other trip attraction like Indiana jones not a every trip one also

Darbylew
02-17-2008, 09:19 PM
We have seen it twice and that was enough for
us. I am not a fan of it. I would rather spend my
time on other shows and rides. :(
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK ON
MARCH 31 FOR A WEEK. :D

LoriMistress
02-18-2008, 09:40 PM
DH and I didn't care for this show. It will be the first, and last time we saw this show.

CaptSmee
02-18-2008, 09:58 PM
After seeing it a few times, it gets kinda boring. Still love Indy though!

Jeff G
02-19-2008, 11:07 PM
We saw this the first year it was open and have since skipped it on our annual visits. The show is slow and once you see the secrets it offers very little.