PDA

View Full Version : Spectromagic in Dec?

MushuGrl
01-31-2008, 12:21 PM
Howdy folks! Got a question...do they do the Spectromagic Parade in December? I have a friend coming with me that's never seen it - they didn't run it while we were in DL in Oct. 2006, and they didn't run it the week in Sept. we were there last year. Would love for him to see it but have concerns that the MVMCP might put the kabosh on it...we're there Dec. 7-13 tentatively. Thank you!

LONESTAR
01-31-2008, 01:22 PM
just check the schedule its not every night but it should be playing.

baby minnie's mommy
01-31-2008, 02:13 PM
We were at MK on Dec. 15, a Saturday, and watched Spectromagic. :mickey: It's not run every night, so you should check the calendar to see what days it runs while you're there. I don't think they don't run it on the days of the party.

Of course Dec. is a ways away, and they could change things by then, but Spectro. was running this last Dec.!

magicofdisney
01-31-2008, 03:24 PM
Weather permitting, I'm pretty sure it runs at least 2-3 times per week. But I'm referring to MK in FL. I don't know what the DL schedule is like.

MushuGrl
02-01-2008, 03:34 PM
YAH! Thank you thank you!

(I reread my original post and I was clear as MUD..we were in WDW last year when it didn't run, not DL. Muchas gracias!)

disneylovinmom
02-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Whatever nights they don't have a MVMCP there is Spectromagic. It is because the park closes to the people who don't have hard tickets for the MVMCP at 7:00p.m. and they are busy getting everything ready for the party. SInce there is a party most nights of the week, there is only a few nights that the park is open for everyone until 12:00.:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-02-2008, 12:53 AM
Usually, I believe there are also 2 Spectro parades during peak season. One before Wishes and one after. But this isn't always the case and depends on the hours of the park (as well as weather). December is a popular month for rain so rain = no Spectro.

Carol
02-02-2008, 10:13 AM
The Christmas parade is not offered to the public at Magic Kingdom until after the last Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

You will not miss SpectroMagic if you are traveling early in the month. :)

baby minnie's mommy
02-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Yes, rain can alter plans sometimes! On that day we were there they kept delaying the castle lighting show due to some very light rain. They finally just shortened the show to only the Fairy Godmother's appearance and the lighting. DH and figured they were concerned about the performers' safety.

The rain passed and Spectromagic ran. I know it's often recommended to catch the second showing of a parade to avoid crowds, but if they happen to run it twice, and it's a rainy type of day, I would try to catch the first one. That way if it rains later you won't kick yourself for missing it. :D