PDA

View Full Version : May Crowds

KrystalR83
01-31-2008, 11:30 AM
My bf and I are planning on going to DL in May of 2009. We have only gone during the summer before. How are the crowds during the begining of the month? What is the weather like? Any information would be appriciated.

Thank you for any information you can give me:)

RoosMomKanga
01-31-2008, 11:48 AM
Our favorite time is early-mid May. It can get hot (we had 95º days some trips), but the crowds aren't bad and hardly any rain.:number1:

BrerGnat
01-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Early May is a good time to go. Weather is usually beautiful and crowds are *relatively* low. It's the beginning of the high season, though, so weekends especially are VERY crowded.

tinkwest
01-31-2008, 01:06 PM
Just be aware that hours will still be off season hours, with the parks open about ten hours on weekdays.

NotaGeek
01-31-2008, 01:12 PM
Disneyland Crowd Estimates (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115765)

Aisling
01-31-2008, 08:09 PM
May can sometimes be very dreary and/or rainy, or it can be almost one hundred degrees! Check the weather and pack for anything. Don't forget a bathing suit - if it's hot and your hotel has a pool, you'll want to take advantage of it!

The crowds typically are fabulously low at the beginning of the month. But as Tinkwest said, the hours are truncated during the week. I've been up there Mother's Day weekend and the one just before Memorial Day and it was never a problem crowd wise.

Have fun and I know it's a long way off, but post a trip report please!