PDA

View Full Version : Expedition Everest

Airblue1
01-31-2008, 11:29 AM
My wife and I got home yesterday from our trip and we had a blast. However, I wanted to send out a small tidbit of info about Expedition Everest. If you want to ride in the front seat, simply ask the cast member at the front of the line and he/she will ask you to step aside and eventually ask you to go to seat one. However, if it is thrills you are seeking the front seat is not the best, it provides the best sights. The back seat provides the best thrills. It is the best ride I have been on in quite sometime. A must do for all.
Enjoy

chrisb26
01-31-2008, 11:33 AM
Yeah Disney is really great about letting you choose which seat you want as long as you dont mind waiting for the next train you'll usually get what you want which is awesome!

I do have to agree that both the back and front are great places to sit. Although I think any seat is great also lol

Zippy_D_DooDah
01-31-2008, 12:02 PM
I sat in the back seat the first time I rode it. It was during a preview day before it officially opened. I waited in line about an hour and screamed like a little girl during... I was a single rider and they sat me with a 12 year old who looked at me funny when the ride came to a complete stop and said "oh my gawd." Yes, the back seat is a must.

The lines have been very long our last few trips and FP was out for the day by the time I got to AK. I'll have to ride it again in March.

sneezyone
01-31-2008, 01:35 PM
last time i went dh was ill so he didn't want to ride. I went in the SR line...I was able to ride 2x in about 10 mins time...the 2nd time, I knew where the camera was so I did the "home alone" face which was funny...then you look at the face of the big german tourist next to me who said before the ride "I rode this before, it is not bad"...he looks soooo scared it isn't funny...ha ha ha...there I am with home alone fake scary face and theres this big guy REALLY scared!

WDW_Obsessed
01-31-2008, 08:43 PM
We ALWAYS ask to sit in the very first car:thumbsup:It's just so much fun! I did ride in the last car on EE, but I'm sticking with the front:yay:

NJ Camper
01-31-2008, 08:51 PM
I agree back seat gives wildest ride but the front seat gives you a great view when the ride stops right before it goes backward great place for pics

phillydan
01-31-2008, 10:12 PM
We always ask for the front seat for Tower of Terror & Soarin. You may have to wait a turn, but it is worth it.

RAIDER
02-01-2008, 04:06 AM
I have never sat in the back seat but have on the front seat and it was brilliant ...This ride is disney at its best :thumbsup:

crltkcagle
02-01-2008, 10:16 PM
I love this ride! To me it just seems too short, I am always wanting more! Thanks for the tips!

RedheadWriter
02-02-2008, 05:34 PM
DrWorm2008 and I were lucky enough to just get lucky and get the front seat when we rode last week. I LOVED IT!!! Will see if I can try the back the next time.:thumbsup:

WDWfanatic742
02-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Out of the 5 or 6 times I have ridden Everest, every time I get seated in the back two rows. Without even asking for it, but I still love it as it is the fastest part of the train :thumbsup:

jsw123
02-02-2008, 08:47 PM
No doubt, I think the back seats are the fastest ride on any roller coaster! Quite under-rated!:number1:

Snow's Mom
02-02-2008, 09:47 PM
I HATE roller coasters and just my luck, my DD and I were in line for the front row! I BEGGED the people behind us---LOUDLY---to trade places, no takers. (Especially not my DH or DS!!!)

Can't say I enjoyed the scenery all that much, though I did see the ripped- up end of the railroad track very close up. Being in the front row when going downhill fast is not my cup of tea. Not that I saw a whole lot---my eyes were closed most of the time!

Where were all of you when I needed you???

TwilightZoneCreeper
02-03-2008, 02:43 PM
i have been on it probably 10 or 11 times. The year it opened me end my dad went early in the morning and got on it like 7 times because their was no wait. i have ridden in pretty much the whole train and i say the back is the best spot on the train:number1:

cgriff
02-03-2008, 02:55 PM
I also think that riding at night enhances the Everest ride experience. Try visiting DAK during the ExtraMagicEveningHours. Shorter lines that way a lot of the time.

cgriff

mousetrapper
02-04-2008, 11:55 AM
This ride is now one of my all-time favorites!!! We also tried back and front and enjoyed both for the different reasons stated here by other posters.

My favorite point is the part where you careen backwards in the dark. I get such a thrilling feeling! One time my younger DD looked over at me just before we went backwards and she said my excited expression and laughter were so funny! We still talk about that today.

We were at AK on an EMH night during Thanksgiving week last year and rode EE back to back 6 times! We were surprised it wasn't more crowded....

LudwigVonDrake
02-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Everest is my favorite roller coaster!! :coaster:

disneyorvegas
02-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Personally, I can take the back seat much better than the front seat. when the train goes backward at the beginning (and I believe does a double helix? before it stops and comes back) that really gets me in the gut, even more than going down the large curving drop going forward.