PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Season

Airblue1
01-31-2008, 09:44 AM
As teachers my wife and I get several days off during the Christamas holiday season. This next up coming year we actually have two weeks away from work. We understand that going to DWD during the holiday can be a bit hectic. However, during the days of December 20-Jan 4 which do you think we would be the best 6-7 days to attend DWD.
Thanks

DDuck66
01-31-2008, 10:33 AM
I have been on both Christmas Week and also around the 15th. We fouind that the crowds were actually worse on the 15th (or at least this past year they were). That being said, there is nothing better than WDW during the holidays and if you have a good plan, you can manage the crowds. If you are staying onsite, make sure that you take advantage of any morning EMH's. We used those when we stayed during Christmas week and were able to ride all the attractions before the parks got really jammed. We spent most of the afternoons just people watching or getting seats to watch the parades.

krose78
01-31-2008, 10:46 AM
We went from the 19th-27th last month and had very little problems with crowds. Just one piece of advice, if you are there christmas day DON'T do Magic Kingdom. The park was closed at 9:45 am. Epcot got a little busier because of that but it was still manageable.

elmjimmlm
01-31-2008, 10:52 AM
We are going this year 2 days after Christmas...I know that it is going to be very busy...We just want to see all of the decorations and spend New Years in the parks...I think that will be a great way to start off the New Year...We want to wait until after Christmas day so our kids can enjoy their presents at home...Then it will be off to Disney...I cant think of any better way for them to spend their break...:thumbsup:
The days leading up to Christmas are just too hectic for me...The days after until they go back to school are more relaxed...For us this is the better choice...

Airblue1
01-31-2008, 11:17 AM
How much longer are the parks open and when do you think we should book such a trip in December?

elmjimmlm
02-01-2008, 09:48 PM
I read that New Years Eve MK is open until 4am... I think that the parks do close earlier...I think with the EMH they will still be open until at least midnight...