PDA

View Full Version : Princess & Pirate Party/Disney Quest

mom2four
01-31-2008, 08:45 AM
Thoughts/Tips on PPP?

We are doing this our second night, it will be my baby's (sigh) 7th B-Day.

Also, the kids want to do Disney Quest. We are not a video game family, do you think they will enjoy this? They are 12,10,8,&6 (turn 7&9 while we are there). There friends went and had a blast, so of course they want to try.

If we do Disney Quest, approx. how long should we schedule for a Downtown Disney visit?

Thanks!

goofy for pluto
01-31-2008, 10:16 AM
Welcome to INTERCOT mom2four!! :mickey:

Sorry I can't help you with your questions,
I was going to ask the same ones.
Even though I watched the segment on the planning video about the P&P party I can't get a grasp as to what makes it so fun. I hope someone can enlighten us.
I also was wondering about Disney Quest.
So all info would be helpful!!

FenwayGirl
01-31-2008, 01:45 PM
My son (25) and my grandson (8) spent a whole day (11am through 9PM) at Disney Quest and LOVED it. They both love video games etc, but they said that it is 4 floors of all types of games. Some vertual reality etc.

WelshieLover
01-31-2008, 02:13 PM
We went to DisneyQuest with our teenage sons, frankly none of us were impressed. A lot of the interactive games we found caused motion sickness. I think we only spent a couple of hours there. I was under the impression that they were closing the attraction.

Mary M
01-31-2008, 03:09 PM
First of all..
:welcome:
Welcome to Intercot!

DisneyQuest is one of my favorite things. There used to be a center in Chicago, and we went all the time. Then they closed it. :(

It's pretty loud and busy. Definite sensory overload. Lots of really neat, fun games. You can play some of them as groups (actually most of them are group activities), and some by yourself. For example, on one, you're on the deck of a pirate ship, firing cannons. You're actually on the ship, pulling strings on cannons - the cannonballs and the other ships are displayed on big screens around you. In another, you drive bumper cars that fire volleyballs - pretty much everything is real there.

There's also more VR like things: in one attraction, you wear a headset and fly on Aladdin's carpet. You can also sit in a cockpit as a team and rescue people from aliens, ride a virtual rollercoaster that you design yourself, and fight comic book badguys with a virtual sword.

Plus, there's the Cheesecake Factory :eat:, and vintage arcade video games from the 80s!

Like I said, one of my favorites, but you might not be into it.

oilergirl
01-31-2008, 09:34 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT mom2four!!
Even though I watched the segment on the planning video about the P&P party I can't get a grasp as to what makes it so fun. I hope someone can enlighten us.

Hi there - just wondering where you watched a segment on P&P Party? We're going on Feb.22 and looking very forward to it. Thanks!

goofy for pluto
02-01-2008, 01:13 PM
WELCOME TO INTERCOT oilergirl !!

From the free vacation planning video that I received in the mail. The main menu has a section.. Plan Your Disney Vacation, from there choose.. Walt Disney World Plannning, and then ... Special Events. The segment tells about the various events throughout the year.
:mickey:

oilergirl
02-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Ooohh... We have that! I'm gonna go watch right now... all the girls have been watching so far is the rides. Thanks!