PDA

View Full Version : Tips for WL

mom2four
01-31-2008, 08:40 AM
First trip to WDW and we are staying at WL.

I reserved a standard room (actually two since I have four children), it seemed silly to pay that much more for two rooms.

My DD turns 7 and my DS turns 9 while we are there.

We are excited and I have planned and planned!!!

Any tips/thoughts about WL.

Thanks!

pox24
01-31-2008, 08:49 AM
Just got back ourselves. Only one tip....
Enjoy your self:thumbsup:

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
01-31-2008, 08:59 AM
Im leaving for WL tommorow morning.I'll let you know the ins and outs when we get back.

Tygger7
01-31-2008, 09:41 AM
WL is our favorite resort!! The lobby will take your breath away. Only "tips" I can think of:

1. Ask at the front desk if you can be the "flag family" one day. (If you don't like heights, you'll want to pass on this one.)

2. Roarin' Fork is a GREAT counter service restaurant. One of my favorites...we ate there a LOT.

3. Take the boat to the Magic Kingdom (at least once). It's our favorite way to get to/from there. On a side note, the bus service at WL was fantastic while we were there. Never had excessive wait times, and there aren't a ton of stops.

4. Go to Whispering Canyon, you kids will have a BALL. If you can't get in for dinner, try the breakfast buffet.

5. Be sure and catch the electric light parade on the lake from the WL beach! You can also see Wishes from there.

6. If you have time, take the nature trail from the WL over to Ft. Wilderness.

7. Most importantly, relax and have fun!! :mickey:

Tygger7
01-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Almost forgot! Be sure to ask the front desk for a birthday button! What a great way to spend your special day!

vicster
01-31-2008, 09:47 AM
LOVE WL! You can also ask the front desk for a list of hidden Mickeys at WL. It's kind of fun to look for them.

mouseketeer mom
01-31-2008, 10:04 AM
We love the courtyard area in the early morning hours before all the business of the day begins. There is such a beautiful calmness about it..the ducks, birds, stream of water, the flowers, the sounds..its just lovely. Make time just to enjoy the resort, without doing anything. Its just beautiful.

TheRustyScupper
01-31-2008, 12:25 PM
I love Wilderness Lodge.

1) Take the WL tour in the morning.
2) Ask to be Flag Family (REALLY COOL).
3) Take the boat to Fort Wilderness for the nightly Campfire.
4) Watch the hourly geiser near the pool.
5) Sit in the lobby and wonder at the architecture.
6) Eat at Whispering Canyon Cafe.
7) Go to the Villas and see the Iron Spike Room, with Walt's trains.
8) Work out in the spa & fitness room.
9) Buy a Humphrey Bear mascot souvenir.
10) Take a picture by the Mickey totem pole.
11) Watch Wishes fireworks from the employee parking lot.
12) Take the nature walk from WL to FW.
13) Jump on one or both of the boats from WL to see the lakes.
14) Rent a bike and explore WL/FW.
15) Rent a watercraft and explore the two lakes.

Donald Duck Fan
01-31-2008, 01:16 PM
The Wilderness Lodge is totally wonderful. I love this resort the best I really do.:high5: It is truely a magical resort.

It pretty much has all been said and I agree with what everyone has said 100%.

You might want to look into this. All of the deluxe resorts offer a baby sitting service that could watch your children so you guys can have a night out. If you fell comfortable with this it might be worth to do.

Also, the Artist Point Restaurant is out of this world. This is a must do restaurant for my wife and me every time we visit Disney. :joy: So if you get a night out without the kids, you might want to have a nice dinner here.

Enjoy your trip and I am sure you will love the Wilderness Lodge.:pixie:

KylesMom
01-31-2008, 01:18 PM
11) Watch Wishes fireworks from the employee parking lot.

Hey Rusty, we've never done this. Details, please! Can we "get in trouble" for trespassing in the back lot area? I'm assuming there is a good view without the trees? :mickey:

jefmblrd
02-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Well, people have pretty much covered the tips on WL, let me just add that we absolutely love it there. You made a great choice. Have lots of fun.

TheRustyScupper
02-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Hey Rusty, we've never done this. Details, please! Can we "get in trouble" for trespassing in the back lot area? I'm assuming there is a good view without the trees? :mickey:

1) There is no problem about going into the employee parking lot.
. . . takes 3-4 minutes to walk there from Lodge
. . . this is not a back lot area, just a parking lot
. . . it is even a guest overflow parking area
. . . CM's see guests there every night
. . . they don't even look at you
2) When guests ask, they are encouraged to view from there.
. . . walk out of front/main Lodge entrance
. . . turn right and walk down the circular driveway
. . . bear right at main lot drive
. . . walk across the drive into the CM parking lot
. . . go to the far end of the lot, toward MK
. . . the fireworks are really visible
. . . some very low may be blocked by the few trees
. . . but probably 90% are viewable
. . . take popcorn with you