PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar w Fl divorces?

Crow
01-31-2008, 12:13 AM
the ex (who i met at WDW & is working there again) has sent me papers. I am not Fl resident.
its being filed as Petition for Dissolution of Marriage w no dependent or minor children or property. There is a financial form included, but since no alimony can be claimed, and i didnt recieve a financial form from her filled out, do i have to fill it out & send to her? That doesnt seem right.
she is filing since her temporary resident card is up for renewal & she had married me to get in the country i found out. that is the reason for the brevity of our time together (im talking weeks actually living together) & 2 years of separation. If the divorce wasnt initiated both of us might have to be interviewed for her renewal.
Any help would be appreciated

murphy1
01-31-2008, 07:48 AM
Hi Crow! If you PM me, I can give you names of two friends who are attorneys in FL (they are both friends of mine from growning up down there and school). I would definitely talk to an attorney before signing anything. It seems the way she just came over here and married you, she wanted in the country and may be wanting to get something else out of you.

SBETigg
01-31-2008, 08:00 AM
I don't know any FL attorneys, but I just wanted to add my best wishes that this gets resolved quickly and without any trouble for you. :pixie:

Crow
01-31-2008, 12:07 PM
thanks!
its one of my few bad WDW memories...

MsMin
01-31-2008, 12:32 PM
I don't know FL law but I know ppl and if someone is willing to use you to get into this country then they would be equally as likely to take whatever they could get.
Protect yourself the best way possible and usually that's with an attorney. Sending :hug: and :pixie: that this will all be behind you soon and that you find someone wonderful...

crazypoohbear
02-01-2008, 12:48 PM
I would not sign anything and would not give her any information.

If she did use you to get to this country she commited fraud on not only you but also the USA. She could be in big trouble for that.

I would call your local government offices and ask them for assistance on this. YOU could be held accountable for "helping" her obtain fraudulant papers. Be very careful please. She could turn around and say that you were paid to marry her that you knew what was going on etc.... Please really investigate before you do anything.

Can you tell that I don't trust people????:blush: