PDA

View Full Version : The Swan - How is it?

tinkmommy
01-30-2008, 05:04 PM
My husband is going to a conference at the Swan/Dolphin and The Swan is where he will be staying. My DD and I will be tagging along. Can anyone give me any insight as to what I can expect at the Swan resort. Thanks much.

Strmchsr
01-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Click here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/swan/default.asp) for Intercot's Swan page.

Jeff
01-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Expect nice rooms, a great location, great beds, a fantastic staff.:thumbsup:

We love the Swan and have stayed there many times.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-30-2008, 07:31 PM
I love these hotels. the location is fantastic and the beds are the most comfortable I've ever slept in. You can use the facilities at both hotels too.

CandleontheWater
01-30-2008, 08:45 PM
We stayed at the Swan in Oct for a week and really enjoyed it. You can't beat the location, it was great to walk to Epcot and catch the boat to MGM. You feel very centrally located, which is really nice. We found the rooms to be very clean, roomy and well appointed. That being said, we did notice the lack of "Disney" around the hotel. This might not bother some people, and it certainly won't deter us from returning, but I did miss the immersive theming that you get at a Disney resort. You can use EHM, but you can't charge things to your room, which is important to remember, and they charge $8 a day for parking. It is a beautiful, high quality resort, but it really could be found anywhere in the world. I do think though that with discounts, it can be the best bang for you vacation buck.

dumbo ears
01-30-2008, 08:49 PM
The swan is a great resort! The beds are the best in wdw and maybe the best in orlando. The service is very good and there are lots of different restaurants. You are also very close to the boardwalk and that place is great at night. The only thing i dont like about the swan is that they share a bus with the boardwalk and dolphin but other than that the swan is a great resort.:mickey:

laughingplace<3
01-30-2008, 08:58 PM
I stayed at the Swan or Dolphin I forget, in 2006. I found the rooms to have really bad lighting, but they were still nice. I didn't find the service to be great like I usually find it in a Disney resort. The design freaked me out a bit, it was kind of art-deco but weird... the worst was the counter service restaurant. It was SO WEIRD! It had a weird theme, and the food wasn't that good either. :(

I feel really mean being this cruel to the hotel- we got a really good rate, and it wasn't bad or anything. I just wouldn't stay there again unless I got another good rate- for example, I wouldn't pay full price. We got to use the boats to MGM and were a short walk to our favorite resort, Beach Club. We even used their pool, because we found the pool water kind of chilly- 67-70 F ish. I am really picky about my water and I like it warm, and I found it hard to go in it. To be nice, the pool was large and a really nice design.
I wouldn't expect Disney standards, but it's still a nice hotel. Have fun on your trip! :mickey:

Crow
01-30-2008, 10:55 PM
i liked it. good location where i could walk or boat to Epcot & Disney Hollywood studio.
Kimonos is good. i liked it a lot more than BC

LarryBoy
01-31-2008, 08:43 AM
It's a great hotel with a great location. You can walk or boat to Epcot and Disney Studios. The only real draw back is that it's not a Disney hotel, and so it doesn't feel or look like a Disney hotel. To make up for that we just spent a lot of time on the Boardwalk.

MOJoe
01-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Expect an upscale business/convention hotel with a good selection of amenities, deluxe eateries, and a fantastic beach-pool complex, set right in the heart of WDW.
I know this is NOT a Disney hotel, but gee whiz, what's not to like about all that?:thumbsup:

anneb
01-31-2008, 01:09 PM
The Swan is a very nice, upscale hotel in a fantastic location. You can walk or take a boat to MGM or Epcot, walk a short distance to the restaurants and entertainment at the Boardwalk, walk across the street to a great Disney mini-golf course, and take a bus to other Disney parks. The main pool area (shared with the Dolphin hotel) is excellent - large and generally uncrowded, with a huge white sand beach, lots of palm trees, and great views. The grounds are beautiful, with lots of flowers, palm trees, fountains and water. Don't miss the hammocks under the palm trees or the large window into the pastry chef's kitchen, where you can watch them prepare elaborate deserts. You can eat at the neighboring Dolphin (which has more and better restaurants than the Swan) and charge the meals to your room. There's a Disney Guest Services desk at the Dolphin, where you can get tickets, maps of the parks, park schedules, and lots of other information. After their recent re-do, the old "whimsical" decor at these hotels has been replaced by a more adult-oriented decor you might find in any upscale hotel, but the facilities and location are still excellent, and all you have to do to know you are at Disneyworld is to look out your window. You may want to check out the Swan and Dolphin's joint website, which has lots of pictures and information - just search under Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin. You are in for a great time!

tomorrowschild
02-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Our family loves the Swan and will be staying there again this coming March. I agree with the positives of the above posters. You can't beat the location. The rooms are great (Heavenly!). The staff is awsome. We have stayed at pretty much all of the Disney resorts and love them as well. But when you can get a deluxe hotel for $200 a night you jump at it (my brother and I are both teachers so we get a special rate). There is not a clear Disney theme, but I get that in the parks (which you can walk to). I also get this from the room views. The last 3 trips we have had some great views (and this is in the standard view). We could look out onto the boardwalk, see the Y&B, watch some of the fireworks from Illuminations, and see Mickey on top of the mountain during Fantasmic. (If that is not Disney I don't know what is:mickey:)

CU Tiger
02-04-2008, 12:56 PM
We stayed at the Swan during this past Christmas season. Excellent location, good size rooms, and a very comfortable bed:thumbsup:. While you are in the hotel, you do not feel like you are at DW. Since they do not have Disney stuff all over the place, it is like being at a typical upscale resort. We would stay there again if the price was right, but I do like being immersed in Disney while I am there and would rather stay somewhere else.:mickey: