PDA

View Full Version : peak season in feb???

like2workout
01-30-2008, 03:12 PM
i was planning on going to disneyworld the last week of feb. i just read that 2/14-3/29 is considered "peak season". the site said it's even more crowded then than in the summer. does anyone have any information about this time period? i thought it would be a less crowded time of year. thanks for any help!

Terk24
01-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Presidents week is very busy. After that it tapers off a bit. Make sure you have any dining reservations ahead of time for anyplace you really want to eat at. It is spring break time during that period and that is why it is a busier time.

Polynesian Dweller
01-30-2008, 03:40 PM
That period is also getting into Spring Break period in various areas.

like2workout
01-30-2008, 03:42 PM
ok, thanks for the information! i thought we would be beating all of the spring breaks. i've not booked it yet. do you think by the end of april the crowds will lessen back after spring breaks are over?

diznee_buzz
01-30-2008, 04:42 PM
We have gone mid-March the last 2 years and it has been pretty crowded. We are going for a long weekend 2/28-3/2 this year, and I think it should be better. I just made ADRs for both Crystal Palace and Whispering Canyon with no trouble at all. Got the exact time and day I wanted with both.

Friends of ours went twice last year - once around 3/6-3/9 and again in July. They said July was much worse. I think the spring break crowds don't start coming in until mid-March. And with Easter being 3/23 this year - watch out!

My sister went in late May last year and said it was great! Never waited in line more than 15 minutes for any ride. :thumbsup:

Have fun whatever you decide. May was not an option for us as we have another vacation planned then. :mickey:

BigRedDad
01-31-2008, 05:02 AM
A lot of northern states have a Winter break for a week the during the last two weeks of February. Then, you get into the main Spring Break and Easter crowds.

Cigar Rex
01-31-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm getting a little concerned about my upcoming trip on 2/23 - 3/1. However, I finally got around to making my ADR's last night and got all of my requests at the times and dates I wanted which is a good sign I think.

2/24 Crystal Palace 9:25 am
2/25 San Angel Inn 6:00 pm
2/27 Sci-Fi 11:30 am
2/29 Rose & Crown 6:45 pm

sillyolbear
01-31-2008, 10:52 AM
I would think as you progress into March the crowds will pick up significant with Easter being early.

I believe 3/23 maybe the earliest that Easter ever falls on the calendar. Combine the early Easter with Spring Breaks, crowds stand to be pretty high.

Cigar Rex
01-31-2008, 11:12 AM
I would think as you progress into March the crowds will pick up significant with Easter being early.

I believe 3/23 maybe the earliest that Easter ever falls on the calendar. Combine the early Easter with Spring Breaks, crowds stand to be pretty high.

Thankfully I will be gone by then. I'm really hoping that the last week in February will be at least a bit of a lull between the President's Day crowds and the upcoming March Spring Break and Easter crowds. I have been in February before but don't remember it being very crowded. I know these things change with events and also with Disney running different promos all the time.

prshell
02-01-2008, 02:08 PM
We're leaving tomorrow for WDW, and surprisingly it sounds like it's going to be crowded. I heard something about Mardi Gras, but it's Disney and you go with the flow :mickey: