PDA

View Full Version : How often do you stay at your home resort?

Aurora
01-30-2008, 12:42 AM
I'm wondering how often DVC owners stay at their home resort for their vacations. Do you try to mix it up by staying at other DVC resorts, or do you love your home so much you stay there every time?

dlpmikki
01-30-2008, 04:38 AM
I have tried most of the other resorts but I love my home resort the best by far. OKW is laid back and relaxing and the rooms are huge!

vizsla
01-30-2008, 05:27 AM
We have stayed at our Home Resort on every trip since becoming a DVC member. We have stayed at most of the other DVC resorts before joining and found OKW to be our favorite which is our Home Resort.

DVC Mike
01-30-2008, 06:37 AM
While we have stayed at both OKW and SSR a few times, we prefer to stay at our four home resorts, as these are our favorite DVC resorts at WDW.

sillyolbear
01-30-2008, 08:10 AM
We tend to stay at our home resort. We've visited a couple of others, though.

BethieTink
01-30-2008, 08:12 AM
Have only gone twice since we bought, but both times we have stayed at our home resort, BCV. We love it there. I am staying at OKW with a friend in May, so I will try another one out.

xipetotec
01-30-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm wondering how often DVC owners stay at their home resort for their vacations. Do you try to mix it up by staying at other DVC resorts, or do you love your home so much you stay there every time?

Well technically it's my mother's home resort, I'm the associate on the account that does all the bookings. But I can tell you that she's added on twice, and both times insisted that it be added on to her same resort ( we bought resale the second time ). Beach Club Villas.

This will actually be our first year trying somewhere different, and EVEN THEN we're doing AKV for three nights and then the rest at our home resort BCV.

disneycouple2004
01-30-2008, 11:08 AM
We have tried other resorts, but we tend to stay at our home resort more than others SSR.
We love OKW also..:thumbsup:

Zippy_D_DooDah
01-30-2008, 11:36 AM
We bought in at SSR toward the end of 2006 and we have stayed there once in a 2-BR. Last February and September we stayed at OKW and loved it; and in a few weeks we will stay at BWV for the first time. I am wanting to try out all of the resorts. Next trip we may stay at WLV or AKV. Of course we really do love OKW and will probably jump a bus and eat at Olivia's at least one time on our next trip in about 38 days. Can't wait!!!

pox24
02-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Since joing in May 2006 we have only stayed once at our home resort. Don't ask me why but this year we will be elsewhere. SSR was very nice but it is just working out this way.

Shugoondola
02-01-2008, 10:14 AM
The Boardwalk is my home and favorite resort. I've stayed at some of the others to see what they are like. Beach Club is probably a close second favorite. I love being in the area around Epcot.

:mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
02-01-2008, 10:59 AM
We love SSR which is our Home resort. We have a trip booked in December and we are staying there again.

I stayed at BWV in December for a few days with two friends and I loved the location. Not a fan of the resort though. Not too sure why. :scratch:

We would like to try each of the DVC resorts at least once.

DisneyGiant
02-01-2008, 09:07 PM
I haven't stayed at my home resort yet!!!

Probably should have bought resale at BC or BW, but I chose to buy direct thru Disney and at the time, it was Saratoga's turn. Plus - I got the extra years by doing that.

I do always book at Saratoga at the 11 month window, so we're guaranteed a place to stay.

One of these days we'll stay there - I'm sure.....

Horizon93
02-02-2008, 08:14 PM
DW and I have had only one DVC stay so far. We were at OKW, and our home resort is AKV. AKV was not available for our trip.

Looking at our planned future trips, the vast majority will be at AKV, with OKW being our second fave.

Lucille
02-03-2008, 12:18 PM
We bought DVC knowing that we would not be staying at our home resort anytime soon. We bought at SSR, but we really just wanted to stay at the Disneyland Hotel!

Simba's Mom
02-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Since joining we've always stayed at (what are now) our home resorts, OKW and BCV. We even changed our home resort by selling our points elsewhere and buying at OKW, so we can say we own where we love to stay.

c&d
02-07-2008, 09:22 AM
For DS's April vacation we always stay at our home resort. However, if we are going down for a shorter period we'll try out a different resort.

MinnieMommie
02-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Almost always. I have had reservations a few times at other places and in all but one instance I cancelled and changed back to my home resort which is SSR. It is wonderful to have so many options though. :mickey:

MickeyMousse
02-08-2008, 07:33 PM
BCV is our home resort and we've only been able to get ressies there twice. Thankfully when we're closed out of there we can usually get into BWV, which has become our favorite, second to BCV.

hubbyofadisneyholic
02-08-2008, 09:33 PM
We always stay at our home resort...OKW.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-09-2008, 12:21 AM
We have points at almost all of the DVC locations, but our first purchase was originally at OKW. We stay there about once a year. We like to rotate throughout. This year we are trying to AKV.

My favorite I would say would be WLV or OKW.