PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to Deluxe DDP from the free DDP in September?

Princess2BsMom
01-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Just wondering if anybody has ever upgraded to the Deluxe DDP from the free basic DDP (if they do offer it in September) and pay the difference?

gloriaring
01-29-2008, 09:35 PM
We have. My husband loves to have everything paid for and we are going to try alot of the 2TS credits. We have never been to a dinner show and this is our 5th visit! The price difference made it worth while for us to upgrade.

wendy*darling
01-29-2008, 10:54 PM
2008 is the first year the Deluxe Dining Plan has been offered.
gloriaring- I am curious what you upgraded to in the past? Was it the Premium or Platinum Package?

I think we have to wait and see:
#1- IF free dining will be offered again this year
#2- Will "upgrades" be allowed... for a price.

I have to think they "might" allow it if the free dining repeats again this year.
Remember- watch Intercot for the latest news and announcements!

Mickey91
01-30-2008, 12:25 AM
2008 is the first year the Deluxe Dining Plan has been offered.
gloriaring- I am curious what you upgraded to in the past? Was it the Premium or Platinum Package?

I think we have to wait and see:
#1- IF free dining will be offered again this year
#2- Will "upgrades" be allowed... for a price.

I have to think they "might" allow it if the free dining repeats again this year.
Remember- watch Intercot for the latest news and announcements!

We were offered the regular dining plan for free or Deluxe Dining at 39.99 when we booked in September before we checked out. ( A special they offered to resort guests this past Sept 07) So, it is a good possibility that they will make the same offer when and if they decide to release the free dining deal this year. I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone!!:mickey:

gloriaring
01-30-2008, 06:38 AM
I should have said that we upraded this year! We were there in Sept and offered the "bounce back " offer with free dining. We then chose to upgrade to deluxe dining. Now if I can only get my DH to upgrade to a deluxe resort instead of moderate ;)

wendy*darling
01-30-2008, 07:42 AM
offered the "bounce back " offer with free dining. We then chose to upgrade to deluxe dining.
OK- that makes sense.

I know they had the bounce back free dining offer. And there was also an offer of free dining for UK guests I believe.

I would say if your family's eating style is compatible with the Deluxe Dining, it would be worth it for the $39.99/day.
I wouldn't get it "just because"- but only if my family ate at mostly TS restaurants (which we do :)).