PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Scrapbook Layout Challenge - 2008

Flower
01-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Since the online monthly scrapbook day just didn't seem to take off with everyones work schedules and family time - How would everyone feel about doing a 'Monthly Challenge'? I/We could post a challenge at the first of the month and everyone has a month to complete and post their layouts by the end of the month?

If anyone is interested, I hereby challenge you to complete a Layout using your Character Photos, to be completed by February 29th.

Please add ideas for layout 'Challenges', eg: Resort Photos, dining, Hidden mickeys, rides, etc.

Hopefully this will bring us scrappers back together again, and 'force' us to get some of those LO's completed!!!

(I just posted further down that the end of month due dates are just a guideline - I know I need a goal to work towards!!!! Anyone can feel free to join at any time and jump in at any time with your completed layout pics!!!! Ideas for the next month are always welcome!!!)

LIST OF 2008 CHALLENGES:

JANUARY BONUS CHALLENGE - RESORTS
FEBRUARY CHALLENGE - CHARACTERS
MARCH CHALLENGE - VIEWS OF ........ (ie ICONS, landscaping, topiaries, architecture, etc)
APRIL CHALLENGE - RIDES :coaster:
MAY CHALLENGE - H20 ~ Water!!!
JUNE CHALLENGE - :mpumpkin:Holidays :santa3:& Special Events (Pretty much anything that is special to you and your family at Disney!!!)
JULY CHALLENGE - FOOD!!!:eat:
AUGUST CHALLENGE - TRANSPORTATION!!! :train:
SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE - PICK A PARK - anything to do with any of the parks.

Caroleh
01-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Oh, Flower...you're making things difficult!! I REALLY have to pack, our closing date is March 3rd and I only have a few boxes packed. I was debating when to start packing my scrapbooking stuff. I'll have to pass until we're moved and my scrapbooking studio is set up. If I get my rear in gear, I'll join in. :D

Flower
01-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Oh Carol!!! Weak excuse!!!! I'll give you a pass, but only until April!!!!

How are things going with the packing? I sure hope it is warmer than it is today for the move...BRRRRRR....!!!!

Caroleh
01-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Oh Carol!!! Weak excuse!!!! I'll give you a pass, but only until April!!!!

How are things going with the packing? I sure hope it is warmer than it is today for the move...BRRRRRR....!!!!

We're hoping our moving date will be Easter weekend, so it better be a lot warmer!! You can come and help me pack..I have a whole 8 1/2 boxes packed.

Flower
01-30-2008, 12:57 PM
I'll help you load your scrapbook stuff...really...I'll make sure they get there safely!!!

I was just thinking, here I dropped the gauntlet and I have no clue what I am going to do for a LO - this challenge will be inspiration for me hopefully!

BelleKP
02-19-2008, 01:54 PM
I've been looking for a scrapbooking thread!! :thumbsup: I've been out of scrapbooking for a while . .. oh life just gets in the way! I was spoiled enough to receive a Silhouette for Christmas and I've been dying to use it! I will for sure work on a Character page at my 'yap & scrap' tomorrow night and post it before Feb. 29th! Great idea Lea-Ann!
Hmmmm . . . what could March's challenge be?
I have an idea for "Views of" . . . "Views of the castle"/"views of animal kindgom" . . . I have lots of landscape pictures from my last trip and am trying to find a creative way to scrapbook them.
Happy Scrapping everyone! :D:mickey::D

BronxTigger
02-19-2008, 07:22 PM
I have one! But, when I looked it up, I thought I had done it this month but I realize now I did it last month. :(

But you can look at it anyways. Hopefully I can get another one done this month.

Look at pages 6 & 7 (http://travel.webshots.com/album/562228638OTBamf).

BelleKP
02-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Look at pages 6 & 7 (http://travel.webshots.com/album/562228638OTBamf).

It's great!! Where did you get that EP paper? Please don't say DW!! I would love to get some of that for my album . . .

BronxTigger
02-20-2008, 07:33 AM
It's great!! Where did you get that EP paper? Please don't say DW!! I would love to get some of that for my album . . .

Thanks!

The Epcot pages? ElenitaB helped me on some of those pages, (not the Mickey ones or p. 2; of the posted ones: p. 1, 4, & 5 so far) and that was one of them. I think she may have gotten it there but I know she orders a bunch of stuff online.

This album is actually 20 pages long, not 7. I just haven't finished scanning all the pages in yet.

Caroleh
02-20-2008, 08:05 AM
Bethany, your pages are great!!!! Since I'm packing my scrapbooking stuff, I can't wait to set up the new studio!!!

Flower
02-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Bethany - they look awesome!!!

Mine is pretty well done, I need to scan it and add just a few more things. I have 2 friends coming over to scrap tomorrow so I will either try to get it done today so I can work on the kids books tomorrow, or I will just finish it then.

I love that idea for March - How about we title Marchs' challenge as "Views of ....." Obviously you don't have to use that as a title, but just as a guideline for the layout. I love the idea of using Park Icons, landscaping, topiaries, buildings & architecture, etc.... (Due March 31st)

JANUARY BONUS CHALLENGE: Since I did not start this thread until February and we missed January, what if I threw in a 'bonus challenge' for January: RESORTS (Due March 31st)

And, obviously the 'due date is just a guideline, if anyone jumps on this thread months from now, feel free to post whenever!!!

BronxTigger
02-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Bethany - they look awesome!!!

I love that idea for March - How about we title Marchs' challenge as "Views of ....." Obviously you don't have to use that as a title, but just as a guideline for the layout. I love the idea of using Park Icons, landscaping, topiaries, buildings & architecture, etc.... (Due March 31st)

JANUARY BONUS CHALLENGE: Since I did not start this thread until February and we missed January, what if I threw in a 'bonus challenge' for January: RESORTS (Due March 31st)

Thanks for all the compliments. ElenitaB has really helped me to be a better scrapbooker. On the pages I linked to, she actually did pages 1, 4, & 5 to show me some techniques (and to show of her skill in Photoshop LOL). I did all of p. 3, 4, 6, & 7. She did suggest the giraffe on the AK page and the little tag on the Mickey page.

On that same page, if you look at my other albums, there is a scrapbook from my 2005 WDW trip. That was the scrapbook I did right before this one, and you can see the difference in technique. Ellen really is a good scrapbook teacher!

I like the themes for both March and January (March). I hope I can get pages done for both themes but March is a really busy month. I'm going to make it work though!

Flower
02-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to apologize if if thread name change messed anyone up - I just figured it would be easier to keep it going if we changed it from a February challenge to a 2008 challenge, and Rhonda (Beast Fanatic) not only did the name change for me, she also made the thread a sticky at the top of mousellaneous!!!!

I will also keep a running list on the first post of the monthly challenges! Any monthly topic ideas are always welcome!:thumbsup:

Caroleh
02-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Hey, Flower..I'll be painting the scrapbooking studio on the 7th..does that count for anything?

Flower
02-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Hey, Flower..I'll be painting the scrapbooking studio on the 7th..does that count for anything?

That can be your January bonus challenge Carol! How is moving coming? I do not envy you!!!

I am going to be playing all day Saturday at the Scrapbook Emporiums mega-crop in Oshawa, it should be fun! I am not actually cropping, I will be doing make in takes and demos. I would not have the attention span to sit there for 12 hours and crop, I would be needing my stuff that I'd left at home!

I have 2 girls from work coming over this afternoon to crop as well - we have never done it before so it should be fun!Hopefully I can get some more Disney stuff done today, or work on the boys :baby: books.

BronxTigger
02-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Flower, this is great. Thanks for taking the initiative!

BelleKP
02-21-2008, 02:42 PM
I DID IT!!! I'm finished my Feb. challenge! :thumbsup:
I completed 5 character pages last night!! Belle, Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella and Ariel! They are pages from my trip with my best friend in August. They are a similar format as we took 3 pictures with each . .. but I like the continuity!
I will have to get out the camera tonight and get them posted for you to see! :photo:
How is everyone else doing . . . except you Carol . . . good luck getting that room painted!
:mickey:

MickeyChick
02-22-2008, 02:45 PM
oooh! How do I get involved in this?

Flower
02-22-2008, 04:47 PM
oooh! How do I get involved in this?

This thread is totally just for fun and to hopefully inspire (Challenge) everyone to get some lay outs done! Anyone can 'join' at any time.

If you are able to post pictures of your completed lay outs - great, if not, just tell us about what you accomplished during the month. :mickey:

MickeyChick
02-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Coolness!

I've been working on the title page to the album and I think I should win some kind of award for most photos on a page. At last count is was 62 photos. :mickey:

BelleKP
02-22-2008, 09:26 PM
Coolness!

I've been working on the title page to the album and I think I should win some kind of award for most photos on a page. At last count is was 62 photos. :mickey:

WOW!! My last record was 22 . . . and I thought that was good! Hope you will post it when you are done MickeyChick!!

Well here it is . . . my character pages for February! I just finished my Winnie/Eeyore/Tigger page too, so I posted that one too! :tigger:
Enjoy! (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562580985xCtJpK?vhost=good-times)

BronxTigger
02-22-2008, 09:50 PM
BelleKP- your pages are great! Did those pages have the princesses already on them? (Like the squares with chip on the Belle page)

MickeyChick
02-22-2008, 11:34 PM
I miscounted. It's 59 photos.

Here it is. (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/titlepage.jpg)

Caroleh
02-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Sarah, your pages are great!!! Did you use your Silhouette for all the fonts? I love the different fonts for the princesses and characters!!

BelleKP
02-23-2008, 09:23 AM
BelleKP- your pages are great! Did those pages have the princesses already on them? (Like the squares with chip on the Belle page)
Yes the pages already had the characters on them. The pages I got in a paper pack at Michaels . . . usually I used pattern paper and then Jolee's stickers . . . but let me tell you, this printed paper has saved me a lot of $$

Sarah, your pages are great!!! Did you use your Silhouette for all the fonts? I love the different fonts for the princesses and characters!!
I did use my silhouette!! Pretty cool eh? I love the Disney font for my title page and then I just tried to use a bunch of different cursive fonts for the Princess 'signatures'! I'm loving that machine!! :cloud9:
Thanks for the compliments ladies! I still have Chip n' Dale, the Fab Five and Monster's Inc. duo to scrapbook . . . I'm hoping to get those done this week . . .

BronxTigger
02-23-2008, 09:27 AM
BelleKP- What size pages are you using?

I don't go to Michaels often; it's a bit of a trek for me to get there. I'm hoping to go sometime in the next month or so.

BronxTigger
02-23-2008, 09:29 AM
MickeyChick- that is incredible! I don't think I'd have the patience for something that detailed. That's a cool page. Thanks for sharing.

BelleKP
02-23-2008, 02:42 PM

That's fantastic! Amazing! I'm curious, did you use thumbnail prints? Or print them off yourself that small? I'd love to use a similar idea!! :thumbsup:

MickeyChick
02-23-2008, 05:35 PM
I had eight sheets of thumbnails and I wanted to fill in the color blocks on the paper that I had, but none of the shots seemed to represent the whole trip- so I picked my favorites out on the thumbnail sheets, cut them out and used those little adhesive squares to stick em on.

Flower
02-23-2008, 09:27 PM
MickeyChick and Sarah - those are awesome!!!

MC - I love the idea of using so many small photos!

Sarah - just wondering, where are you from in ON??? I am in Bowmanville.

I scanned a couple of mine this morning, I just need to upload them to webshots, and I still have a Buzz Lightyear LO I want to finish.

I was at a 12-hour crop at my LSS today but was doing demos for the store and did not get a chance to work on any of my stuff.

BelleKP
02-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Sarah - just wondering, where are you from in ON??? I am in Bowmanville.
I'm in the north/east end of Burlington, very close to where Carol will be in Milton!! :thumbsup:
And a mere, what, hour and a half from Bowmanville!

Caroleh
02-24-2008, 10:26 AM

That is really cool, MickeyChick!!! Now you just gave me some ideas!!!

I'm in the north/east end of Burlington, very close to where Carol will be in Milton!! :thumbsup:
And a mere, what, hour and a half from Bowmanville!

Oh, Sarah...can we have scrapbooking days? If you ever want to meet...I'm the manager of the Milton Fabricland. You usually can find me there..except I'm going to scare until after the move. My walk though is Tuesday, my closing the 3rd, the 7th is everything we bought new is being moved in and from the 12th-Good friday I'm off for the actual move. Do you want to help set up a scrapbooking studio?:D

BelleKP
02-26-2008, 01:39 PM
I have a question for you scrappers?
When you are scrapbooking a Disney vacation how do you layout your album?
1) chronological . . . day one, day two . . .
2) by theme . . . rides, dining, characters . . .
3) by park
4) another way?

I'm trying to decide how to lay out my current trip? My original thought was by park, but we went to MK on three different days and where do I put the characer pictures . . . so then I thought maybe by theme, but then I've got random pics that don't 'fit' into a theme . . . so then I was going to go back to chronological, but I don't know if I want 3 different MK sections . . . :confused:
Currrently I'm just working on loose pages so I can rearrange them when I'm done, but once my character pages are done, I don't know what to do next!
Any ideas? Suggestions . . . what do you do?

Caroleh
02-26-2008, 10:52 PM
I have a question for you scrappers?
When you are scrapbooking a Disney vacation how do you layout your album?
1) chronological . . . day one, day two . . .
2) by theme . . . rides, dining, characters . . .
3) by park
4) another way?
Any ideas? Suggestions . . . what do you do?

Good question!!! My first trip was by day, since it was only 4 days and one with pictures of the resort. I'm not sure how I'm doing the last trip, maybe by theme, since I took lots of pictures of the Christmas decorations and the parades. I might also do parks, I'm really not sure!! I guess it depends on my mood!!!

MickeyChick
02-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Our trip was 8 days and over 1700 photos. I'm doing it chronologically but not day 1, day 2, etc.

I've only done 4 layouts so far but I did our tour around Pop when we first arrived, Small World and something else I can't remember.

I plan a layout for rides I took photos of, like Small World, Jungle Cruise; restaurants and meals; parades; cute moments with the kids; icons; characters etc.

Flower
02-27-2008, 01:23 PM
I guess mine would be more by theme. I don't sit down and do an entire album, I tend to scrap when I get a chance (usually never these days!) Anyway, I just add the completed pages to my book when they are done.

Flower
02-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Here are all of the LO's I completed for my Disney book!

Buzz Lightyer & Buzz's Space Ranger Spin
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2916786280055983738jdVVgD

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2628124190055983738bHbzFW

Chef Mickeys - Mickey and the gang
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2865610090055983738BAzVgD

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2425810790055983738LuZRaP

BONUS: Brandon making cookies at EPCOT in The Land
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2901831560055983738WRgGDC

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2341519890055983738DuhxfU

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2265753450055983738OJJfqE

Now to start on March's challenge & The bonus Challenge!!

BelleKP
02-29-2008, 01:42 PM
Here are all of the LO's I completed for my Disney book!
Chef Mickeys - Mickey and the gang

Lea Ann your pages are great! I would love a play by play on how you did your Chef Mickey 'Title' page. I would love to use a similar idea. Did you cut out the circle? Are the letters stickers or cut outs? :confused: It's hard to tell on the computer screen.
Great job! :thumbsup:

Ariel_Fan
03-03-2008, 05:36 PM
WOW! Everyone's pages are awesome. I have so many ideas to steal from. :mickey: As for the earlier questio, I tend to do my pages in chronological order. Easier for me to think that way I guess.

Caroleh
03-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Lea Ann, I love your pages!!! I think I'm going to start moving the scrapbooking stuff to the house, starting tomorrow. I slowly going to take a few things with me everyday until we're actually moved in. I don't want the movers to touch the actual scrapbooking stuff and sewing machines.

Flower
03-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks Belle & Carol!!!

Belle, I really enjoyed doing the Chef Mickey Page.

The background paper is Creative Imaginations Magic Plates paper.

The white bazzil 'plate' was cut using the EK Success curvy cutter - large circle (I am SO tempted to buy these, but I have the Creative Memories circles already. I used the Curvy Cutter at my LSS)

On top of the white plate is Sandy Lions Mickey Poses paper to form the center of the plate.

I used black ribbon with white polka dots to separate the 2.

I used the EK Success 'Mickey Swirls' punch to do the swirly Mickeys on the background page and around the plate.

The big Cheese sticker, journaling sticker and Everybody Eat sticker are Creative Imaginations Magic Stickers. I used red & black cardstock behind them to make them pop, and I used pop dots to give them depth on the page.

The font is MICKEY and I cut it out using the Silhouette. It cuts each letter in the 2 pieces, so I actually had to cut out the same size in black cardstock and the inner red paper.

Once I had both pieces of the title cut out I had to put them together like a puzzle! The inner red paper of the lettering is Creative Imaginations Magic Chef.

Besides some inking around the plate and the background paper, I think that is it!

I got all of the papers at my LSS, but they are for sale on line at mouse memories too! I ended up submitting the Chef Mickey & Toll House pages to my LSS for last months Design Team submission as the product is new!

MickeyChick
03-11-2008, 02:29 PM
I've gotten a few layouts 85% done... the missing 15% is the journaling. I've left room but need to decide if I'm going to handwrite it or type it. I'm leaning toward type because it's neater but handwriting is so much more personal. Shrug. I took the photos in a hurry so some of them are a little blurry. I'll reshoot when I add the journaling.

Our adventure begins (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/Adventurebegins.jpg)

Soaring High at Disney (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/dumbo.jpg)

I'm kind of disappointed at the shots I got of my son and I on Dumbo. Because he's so short, you can barely see him. Another little annoyance... when the photo was taken of us in the Dumbo that's not attached to the ride, my SO cut off half the elephant. I'll train him for scrapbooking photography yet!

Joey's First Haircut (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/haircut.jpg)

I'm not sure I love this title. I may re-do it. This page needs some oomph. More work to be done. However, I love the photos and think they tell a great story.

Hoop Dee Doo (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/hoopdeedoo.jpg)

On our way and waiting (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/onourway.jpg)

Pop Century is Larger than Life (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/popcentury.jpg)

Around the World in 8 Minutes (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/smallworld.jpg)

Caroleh
03-12-2008, 09:06 AM
MickeyChick, your pages look great!!! I know what you mean about journaling. Some days my handwriting is really bad, so I usually opt to do it with the computer. Since they are Disney pages I do a Disney font. Other times I will use a script font to make it look like handwriting.

Most of my scrapbooking things are now in the house, the bigger stuff the movers will be bringing in on Sat. Here are the pictures of my scrapbooking studio (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2212256670093439642YeMhPZ)so far!! We'll be moved in by Saturday night so I'm hoping to start setting it up first because it's the first room in the house you see.

Flower
03-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Great job Mickey Chick!

I HATE handwriting my journaling, I normally print it out because I can download a funky font to suit the theme of the LO. I decided to handwrite on the last LO's because I never do it and thought I would for a change. I am actually surprised I did not tear it off and replace it with a computerized font!

I usually do my LO in my scrap room and then bring it up to the computer room to add the journaling - it would be so nice to have a laptop or a second computer! One day....

Carol - the house looks great! I love the Tink wallies - I looked at a bunch at Michaels yesterday - they actually had an awesome selection,and 40% off coupons too!!! I actually 'treated' myself yesterday to the circle curvy cutter & blade. I currently have the Creative Memories circles, but the large-sized curvey cutter kept calling me, and then my LSS had a 50% off for 1 item, so I was able to get the circles for $13, I then headed to M's and used my 40% coupon for the blade which came to $16.

I love the fabric on your master bedroom curtains! I am looking to re-do our bedroom and DH wants red - I need to pick out a comforter before we pick out a paint colour though.

Oh, and an update on my March Disney challenge...nothing, nadda, zilch, zippo! I have not started. My DT paper this month is the new Bo Bunny boys paper and I am doing a Basic Grey mini-album of the boys running at the Disney Family Fun run at Wide World of Sports - I will post it once it is finished! Well, the boys are in bed and DH is studying, I think I should go scrap now!!

Caroleh
03-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Carol - the house looks great! I love the Tink wallies -

I love the fabric on your master bedroom curtains! I am looking to re-do our bedroom and DH wants red - I need to pick out a comforter before we pick out a paint colour though.

Thanks!!! I got the Tink decals at Home Depot. It's really cool because they are removeable so I can always change the positions.

The curtains in the master bedroom are actually a burnt orange and olivey green. I found my duvet cover and shams first and then found the fabric.

Hopefully I can start working on my scrapbooking by the end of the month.

yjgirl715
03-13-2008, 09:27 AM
I am so glad I found this thread. I will work on the layout for March and maybe try January & February's. This is so much fun and yes it will inspire me to work on some layouts. I have a weekender that I am going to at the end of the month so now I will have some time to do this.

Caroleh
03-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Welcome to the thread, yjgirl715!! We love all the scrapbookers to come here with us and share their work!!! We can all use the inspiration!!!

kaerbear178
03-16-2008, 12:40 PM
I am really impressed with everyone that has submitted layouts. I can tell that you have spent so much time on these- they are all great. I'm not a scrapbooker but I would love to start-I have a bunch of pictures from my trip 1/06 that are just sitting on my computer. Unfortunately I don't have time right now, I am graduating in May with Interior Design and have to focus on my senior project and portfolio (which is still all about layouts!) So hopefully in May I will be able to get started! I can't wait to join all of you!

Princess2BsMom
03-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Great job Mickey Chick!

I HATE handwriting my journaling, I normally print it out because I can download a funky font to suit the theme of the LO.

I do this exact same thing. I hate writing out my journaling. It ruins my enitre page! Where do you get your fonts from? I bought a CD and use it along with the fonts that came with some of my programs. I would love to be able to find some cute "Disney" like fonts!

Caroleh
03-20-2008, 07:38 PM
I do this exact same thing. I hate writing out my journaling. It ruins my enitre page! Where do you get your fonts from? I bought a CD and use it along with the fonts that came with some of my programs. I would love to be able to find some cute "Disney" like fonts!

I've PM'ed you a few font sights I use.

Flower
03-22-2008, 12:11 AM

There are so many free font sites - and so many sites where you can purchase fonts.

My personal favourite font download site is "da font". I am sure Carol has PM'd you with the Disney info!

So, I have not started the March challenge yet. I have been working on my design team stuff and I have been asked to give a 1-hour scrapbook lecture to beginners next Wednesday and do a make in take with them. Apparently there will be over 60 people:eek: Any ideas for a make n take?

I am thinking about having them scrap a name tag, just to break the ice and to get everyone involved first off. I will pre-cut the tags and they can embellish them, ink them, etc.

For the silhouette users - did you see the new pirate templates???!!! Arggghhhh!!!!:pirate:

BronxTigger
03-22-2008, 01:01 AM
Oops! I've totally forgotten about this thread!

I don't think I'm going to finish the challenge this month! Maybe next month (there's always hope, right?)

Caroleh
03-22-2008, 08:09 AM
For the silhouette users - did you see the new pirate templates???!!! Arggghhhh!!!!:pirate:

You would have to say that wouldn't you? I'll have to go take a peek.

I almost have the scrapbook studio put together, but it looks like I have to put the sewing studio together because I need to sew a quilt block for work. It has to be done and to HO by May 1.

Flower
03-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Has anyone completed the March Challenge or the January 'bonus challenge?

I did a scrapbook presentation tonight which I was preparing for the past few days, I have stuff to hand in to my LSS incomplete - and I need to do the March Challenge still...UUUGGHHH!!!!!

And, with April almost amongst us (and hopefully some better weather in our future), let's make Aprils Challenge RIDES!!!!:coaster:

:D
Stop reading - get scrapping!!!!!!! :D

Caroleh
03-26-2008, 10:51 PM

Stop reading - get scrapping!!!!!!!

But...but...my scrapbooking studio isn't put together yet.:( Can I get it put together first, then do ALL of my challanges? I'm hoping to get it done by the 5th.

Flower
03-26-2008, 10:53 PM
OOOHHHH!!! And I bought one of the new SandyLion Disney albums yesterday!!!! It was 25% off day at my LSS so I HAD to have it!!!!:secret:

It is the colourful one with Mickey and the gang on the cover and it comes with some paper and stickers (which I already have most of). Too cute!!!

BelleKP
03-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Has anyone completed the March Challenge or the January 'bonus challenge?
I have finished the March challenge . . .just haven't had time to take the pics and post them! Hopefully I'll get to that this weekend.
I can't remember what January was though . . :blush: I'll have to go back and look! Hey, maybe I did it already by accident!

And, with April almost amongst us (and hopefully some better weather in our future), let's make Aprils Challenge RIDES!!!!:coaster:

Sounds good . . . although it may be a tricky one. I don't always take photos of rides . .. I'll just have to be creative!
Happy scrapping everyone! :thumbsup:

BelleKP
03-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Now I remember, resort photos!! :)I totally want to do those pages, but my LSS owner has assured me that she's getting some Mardi Gras style paper coming in really soon. Seeing as we stayed at POFQ I thought that I might find something perfect. As soon as that paper comes in I'll do those pages! :mickey:

loopner67
03-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Hi! I'm new to the Intercot boards and I'm a scrapbooker. I was really happy to find this thread. Is this the only place where you guys talk "scrapping" on these boards? Or in this area - Mousellaneous? I just want to be sure.

I've been working on our April '07 trip and have about 40 pages done so far. If I can figure out how (probably thru photobucket), I'll share some of my faves. We don't put images in posts here, though, right? Just links? I think I can handle that.

And the April challenge is to do a ride layout? I can definitely do that. :)

:mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

Caroleh
03-31-2008, 06:33 PM
I was really happy to find this thread. Is this the only place where you guys talk "scrapping" on these boards? Or in this area - Mousellaneous? I just want to be sure.

I've been working on our April '07 trip and have about 40 pages done so far. If I can figure out how (probably thru photobucket), I'll share some of my faves. We don't put images in posts here, though, right? Just links? I think I can handle that.

Welcome to INTERCOT!!!

If it's about Disney then it can go into Mousellanous, otherwise it goes into The Water Cooler.

We can only place links here, no photos.

Lea-Ann, I'm doing awful about getting things done. I'm trying to paint the sewing studio, so if I can get that room done before the weekend I might get started on Disney photos. I need a chair for the studio, unless I want to stand to get all my stuff done or I'll be under my desk!!!

loopner67
03-31-2008, 10:11 PM
Thanks Carol for the warm welcome and for answering my questions. I'll share a few of my favorite layouts (so far) from our April '07 trip. :mickey:

Primeval Whirl (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/loopner67/Disney%2007%20SB%20Layouts/PrimevalWhirl.jpg)

Night Magic (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/loopner67/Disney%2007%20SB%20Layouts/NightMagic.jpg)

Tiki Room (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/loopner67/Disney%2007%20SB%20Layouts/TikiRoom.jpg)

The Castle (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/loopner67/Disney%2007%20SB%20Layouts/TheCastle.jpg)

Test Track (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/loopner67/Disney%2007%20SB%20Layouts/TestTrack.jpg)

Meeting Mickey (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/loopner67/Disney%2007%20SB%20Layouts/Mickey.jpg)

The Living Seas (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/loopner67/Disney%2007%20SB%20Layouts/LivingSeas.jpg)

Buzz Lightyear (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/loopner67/Disney%2007%20SB%20Layouts/BuzzLightyear.jpg)

Woody's Cowboy Camp (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/loopner67/Disney%2007%20SB%20Layouts/WoodysCamp.jpg)

On Our Way (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/loopner67/Disney%2007%20SB%20Layouts/OnOurWay.jpg)

I won't post more and bore you guys! Thanks so much if you take the time to look at the ones I have posted here. I look forward to seeing everyone else's layouts (need to go back thru this post) and to continue to share. :mickey:

Caroleh
03-31-2008, 10:44 PM
loopner67 very good!!! In some of the pictures your words looked raised, did you use chipboard or something else?

loopner67
03-31-2008, 11:09 PM
loopner67 very good!!! In some of the pictures your words looked raised, did you use chipboard or something else?

Awww thanks for looking Carol. :)

For the Primeval Whirl page and the "on our way" page, those are chipboard letters.

On a few other pages (Night Magic, Buzz Lightyear, Woody's Cowboy Camp), I used "Thickers" by American Crafts - they're raised, foam letters. I love them!

Thanks again for looking. :thumbsup:

BelleKP
04-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Great Pages loopner!! I'm VERY impressed! :thumbsup:
I love how you layer papers, I'll have to try that . . . I love stealing ideas!! :secret:

Flower
04-03-2008, 10:19 AM
But...but...my scrapbooking studio isn't put together yet.:( Can I get it put together first, then do ALL of my challanges? I'm hoping to get it done by the 5th.

How did I miss this post???!!! Of course you can finish working on the studio - how is it coming? Did you get a chair yet?

I have been bad, I have not worked on anything since I handed in my Design Team stuff, only to find that the store has decided to stop doing the design team:mad:. There are some things in the works at the store and some changes coming so I think they will implement it again - at least I am hoping. Anyway, this will free up some time for me. I am teaching a class on the 17th and looking forward to it - it will mostly be my friends that have been wanting to learn, so I am taking the plunge!

I still need to work on my Disney stuff, maybe tonight during survivor!

Flower
04-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Belle, I am looking forward to seeing the FQ layout! You reminded me that I think I bought some mardi gras paper, but where is it now?

Loopner,
WELCOME!!! :welcome: Your LO's are beautiful! I love the American Crafts thickers that you used - I have not seen them here in Canada :sad: Even the font is awesome!

I really want to scrap now!!!!

Flower
04-03-2008, 10:42 AM
I can't remember what January was though . . :blush: I'll have to go back and look! Hey, maybe I did it already by accident!

Each month I edit the original post to show what the monthly challenge is, so if you forget what January's is, no need to read thru everyones posts, just go to the very first post and the details are right there for every month!:thumbsup:

Caroleh
04-03-2008, 07:36 PM
How did I miss this post???!!! Of course you can finish working on the studio - how is it coming? Did you get a chair yet?

I have been bad, I have not worked on anything since I handed in my Design Team stuff, only to find that the store has decided to stop doing the design team:mad:. There are some things in the works at the store and some changes coming so I think they will implement it again - at least I am hoping. Anyway, this will free up some time for me. I am teaching a class on the 17th and looking forward to it - it will mostly be my friends that have been wanting to learn, so I am taking the plunge!

No chair yet. :( I've been painting the sewing room since last Saturday and I hope to finish it up tomorrow night, then put the furniture where needed. I need to make a store display and something else for the store...then I get to work on scrapbooking. Lea Ann, have you used the Silhoutte vinyl yet?

Too bad about the design team. Hopefully, they'll start it up again, soon?

Are you planning to go to the Creativ Festival this spring? I'm hoping to go on the 25th.

loopner67
04-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Great Pages loopner!! I'm VERY impressed! :thumbsup:
I love how you layer papers, I'll have to try that . . . I love stealing ideas!! :secret:

Hi Sarah and thank you for the compliments! I'm all for scraplifting, so have fun with it. I have gotten so many ideas from sketches and other people's layouts. :mickey:

loopner67
04-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Loopner,
WELCOME!!! :welcome: Your LO's are beautiful! I love the American Crafts thickers that you used - I have not seen them here in Canada :sad: Even the font is awesome!

I really want to scrap now!!!!

Hi Lea-Ann! :) Thanks for looking at my layouts. I *love* the thickers. Actually the ones on the Woody page are from the Dollar Store! Do you buy online? I bought a lot of the Am Crafts ones from Rocky Mountain Hobbies.

Flower
04-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Carol,

I have tried the vinyl with the Silhouette, but only once - I need to try it again. You do not need to put the vinyl on the sticky sheet, just run it thru as is. The LSS did a HUGE front window display using the vinyl - it turned out awesome and looked like a professional vinyl job! I wish they would bring out more colours too.

I was kicking myself when the vinyl came out because I had just spent over $50 on walltalk - I purchased Twinkle twinkle little star...How I wonder, some stars, and a growth chart - then the vinyl comes out and I could have done all of that for less than $10...oh well!

I may try to get to the Festival this year but I won't know DH's schedule until closer to the date, are you going to the scrapfest in kitchener?

Loopner, I will have to check it out online! Thanks!

Caroleh
04-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Carol,

I have tried the vinyl with the Silhouette, but only once - I need to try it again. You do not need to put the vinyl on the sticky sheet, just run it thru as is. The LSS did a HUGE front window display using the vinyl - it turned out awesome and looked like a professional vinyl job! I wish they would bring out more colours too.

II may try to get to the Festival this year but I won't know DH's schedule until closer to the date, are you going to the scrapfest in kitchener?

I want to use the vinyl saying "create inspire dream" in the scrapbooking studio, so I'll need the black and white for the sewing studio. Last weekmy LSS was out of the vinyl, so I may need to try a different LSS.

When is Scrapfest? Today was my only Saturday off for the month.

I found a chair yesterday, so I have to put it together and empty the boxes I can't get the DH to empty unpacked, then maybe I can get something done in the scrapbooking studio.

Flower
04-05-2008, 09:37 PM
I want to use the vinyl saying "create inspire dream" in the scrapbooking studio, so I'll need the black and white for the sewing studio. Last weekmy LSS was out of the vinyl, so I may need to try a different LSS.

When is Scrapfest? Today was my only Saturday off for the month.

I found a chair yesterday, so I have to put it together and empty the boxes I can't get the DH to empty unpacked, then maybe I can get something done in the scrapbooking studio.

The Kitchener show is Saturday April 12th - I don't think I am going - just too much happening these days!

Where is your LSS? I am totally NOT familiar with Milton at all! There are not too many Ontario retailers on the Quickutz website - definitely call them before you go anywhere. Funny, but neither Oshawa store is listed as retailers yet they both sell QK Silhouettes - weird!

You could probably go to a professional vinyl shop and they may sell you some - it is probably the same thing and possibly cheaper. The rolls are 10'x9" and retail around here for $10 - I bought mine when the LSS were having discount days - woo hoo!!!!

That is awesome that you got your chair! Have fun putting it together - that could take a while!

Well, I just came up to the computer to cut something on the Silhouette! Back to Craft World for me!

Caroleh
04-05-2008, 10:35 PM
There's a very small scrapbook store here, but it's really bad. They carry just a little paper nd a few other things. I usually go to Cherished Scrapbooks in Mississauga, then there's Scrapolious in Mississauga(they're opening a new store in Oakville soon) and Sarah PM'ed about a scrapbook store in Burlington. I'd like to go to that one tomorrow, but the DH is sick and I have a meeting for my bellydance recital tomorrow. I wonder if the plasticy vinyl we have at the store would work. I only have black and I think white or yellow. I'll have to try!!!!

loopner67
04-09-2008, 02:49 PM
The April challenge is a ride layout, right? I just did a 2-page layout about Expedition Everest....

Expedition Everest (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/loopner67/ExpeditionEverest.jpg)

Thanks for looking! :)

Caroleh
04-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Looks great, loopner67!!!

I'm still trying to get to the studio. I got the chair put together last night, so that's ready to go, but I can't get the DH into the studio to finish the computer hutch. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get that done? I'm doing just about the whole house and I asked hin to do very little and it's not getting done.

Caroleh
04-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Sarah, I went to your scrapbook store in Burlington and it is FANTASTIC!!! I love it so much more then Cherished Scrapbooks. I was telling the guy whose wife owns the store that I had a Disney Internet friend who told me about them annd he said to thank you!!!! I'll be going back there again for sure. Now I want to get to the studio and work. I might go and try to get a couple of things done in there and then get some sewing done that I have to do for the store!!!

BronxTigger
04-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Loopner - do you use Becky Higgin's sketches for ideas? Your pages are great.

I'm so far behind on my scrapbooking. I think I've done one out of the four challenges so far this year. Oops! I better get on it...

Caroleh
04-13-2008, 05:07 PM

I'm so far behind on my scrapbooking. I think I've done one out of the four challenges so far this year. Oops! I better get on it...

:secret:Bethany...I'm further behind then you...I haven't done any...:hide:

loopner67
04-14-2008, 11:24 AM

Thank you Bethany! Honestly, I don't use sketches very much, but when I do, I use the ones from the PageMaps site (http://www.pagemaps.com/). I look through magazines a lot for ideas. I love to use a lot of photos on my pages and that's tough with the way scrapping seems to have gone (more people just using 1-2 photos. Scrapping being more about the embellishments than the pictures).

One challenge is better than none! LOL. :thumbsup:

BelleKP
04-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Sarah, I went to your scrapbook store in Burlington and it is FANTASTIC!!!

Oh I'm so glad you liked it!! They've got an amazing selection. I often only go in for specific pieces (e.g. Port Orleans paper) because if I don't I spend a fortune!! :D
They get new product in all the time, so I usually stop by every other week to see what is new!!
As far as the challenges go, I'm on top of them . . . I just haven't taken pictures of them to post! I'm off to a scrapbooking retreat this weekend. I'm going to bring my camera with me, so that as I complete each layout I can take a picture to share with you guys! I've got about 20 double page layouts left to do to finish my Disney album . . . my goal is to finish it this weekend! :thumbsup: Then I can start working on completing my 2007 family album!
:mickey:Happy Scrapping!:mickey:

Magic Smiles
04-17-2008, 09:31 PM

That is amazing. With 59 photos I was expecting some crowded page, but it is not at all. Really great page. Might have to scraplift this layout!

BelleKP
04-20-2008, 09:16 PM
40 Pages
That's right, I completed 40 pages this weekend and I won first prize for most pages completed at my scrapbooking retreat! I even finished a few of our challenges here . .. I took pictures of them all.:photo: But, of course, I haven't uploaded them yet . . . I'm too tired :sleepin: and am going to bed . . .
I just wanted to share my accomplishment with you all . . . I hope you all had productive weekends too, whatever you did! :thumbsup:

Caroleh
04-20-2008, 09:23 PM
40 Pages
That's right, I completed 40 pages this weekend and I won first prize for most pages completed at my scrapbooking retreat! I even finished a few of our challenges here . .. I took pictures of them all.:photo: But, of course, I haven't uploaded them yet . . . I'm too tired :sleepin: and am going to bed . . .
I just wanted to share my accomplishment with you all . . . I hope you all had productive weekends too, whatever you did! :thumbsup:

WOW, Sarah, that is fantastic!!!! I've been getting some sewing done that are store displays, so that came first. I'm hoping that on Friday I can get some scrapping done!!!

MsMin
04-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Angel and I worked on scrapbooking this weekend. We managed to scan in a huge pile of stuff but we are still scanning. Looks like we need more time but we are hoping get a lot accomplished.
We are also waiting on our photopass but we will have about 800 pics :photo:when we are finished compiling them not to mention scanning in menus and more. :whew:
Right now the job seems endless...

Flower
04-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Holy Cow everyone!!!

It sounds like you have all had a busy weekend!!!!

I can't wait to see everyones layouts!!!

Carol, How is the scrap room coming? What day are you going to the CreativFestival?

Caroleh
04-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Carol, How is the scrap room coming? What day are you going to the CreativFestival?

I was thinking about going on Friday, but I didn't get an advance ticket, so I think I'll be staying home and trying to get some scrapbooking done.

The studio is pretty much put together, just a few more boxes to unpack.

Flower
04-24-2008, 07:47 AM
I was thinking about going on Friday, but I didn't get an advance ticket, so I think I'll be staying home and trying to get some scrapbooking done.

The studio is pretty much put together, just a few more boxes to unpack.

That is awesome that you are almost done unpacking!

OMG!!!!:yay: I just checked my email and Scrapbook & Cards Today selected my name for a free entry ticket to the show!I responded to their newsletter the other day with my 3 favorite products! :cheer: I have never been before so I hope I can get there, it is just so hard with the kids to be away for the day.

I completed another Lo last night, not Disney though. I am applying for another LSS design team so this was for the submission. Disney is next on my list!

conorsmom2000
04-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Just had a chance to go through this thread and look at all the amazings LO's! You guys all do such great work!! :thumbsup:

The background paper is Creative Imaginations Magic Plates paper.

Lea-Ann, I loved all your pages! But, I smiled when I saw the paper you used - I just bought the same paper last week to scrap our 50's Prime Time Cafe phots - the only difference is that the paper I have, the plates are blue, red, green and gold-ish yellow, which seems to match the background of the pictures perfectly! :thumbsup: I'd been stumped on what to do with for this page until I came across that paper! Too cute! :mickey:

Caroleh
04-25-2008, 07:28 PM
OMG!!!!:yay: I just checked my email and Scrapbook & Cards Today selected my name for a free entry ticket to the show!I responded to their newsletter the other day with my 3 favorite products! :cheer: I have never been before so I hope I can get there, it is just so hard with the kids to be away for the day.

Congratulations!!! I might go on Sunday, if I can drag the DH to the show with me.

I got an email today that Cherished Scrapbooks is closing.:( I'm really glad that I found a new scrapbook store!! :D

Caroleh
04-25-2008, 11:05 PM
After all day of vegging out, tonight I decided to go down and do a little scrapbooking. I did a page of my grand niece with Belle and Cinderella and a page from my trip last Dec. I also started to print off a few pictures from our trip. I'm trying to decide how to make the albums. Since we went at Christmas time I have lots of pictures of the decorations along with the normal pictures of rides, icons, parades, fireworks, etc.... So I'm wondering if I should do one book of Christmas around the world and the other one of just the normal stuff, or if I should just do books of each park...decisions, decisions, decisions...

I really need to get things done before we go back in October!!!

BelleKP
04-26-2008, 12:47 PM
So I finally got my pages uploaded and sorted. :thumbsup:
Here is the link to the entire album . . .
Sarah's Scrapbook (http://community.webshots.com/album/563219871NfblMa?vhost=community&action=refreshPhotos&albumID=563219871&security=NfblMa)
There are a few titles missing and a few empty journaling boxes here and there, but you'll get the idea!!
Here is the Resorts Challenge Page (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2133957420103094419vUeQeZ?vhost=good-times)
Here is my favourite of the Character Challenge Pages (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2270425600103094419qfMEhd?vhost=good-times)
Here is my favourite of the Views of Pages (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2111047450103094419UJpgPj?vhost=good-times)
And my favourite Rides Challenge Pages (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2955497650103094419arWTUq?vhost=good-times)
I've got 3 1/2 double page spreads left to do to complete the album . . . hopefully I'll get that done next week!
Happy Scrapping Everyone! :mickey:

Caroleh
04-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Great layouts, Sarah!!!!

MauiMouse
04-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Sarah, those pages are excellent. :thumbsup:

I've got all the scrapbook items, stickers, pages, cutters, albums and I just have to get motivated to get an album created. I want to do one so bad, but I'm not that creative in doing designs, so I am loving seeing what everyone else creates. Keep up the good work.

Flower
04-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Just had a chance to go through this thread and look at all the amazings LO's! You guys all do such great work!! :thumbsup:

Lea-Ann, I loved all your pages! But, I smiled when I saw the paper you used - I just bought the same paper last week to scrap our 50's Prime Time Cafe phots - the only difference is that the paper I have, the plates are blue, red, green and gold-ish yellow, which seems to match the background of the pictures perfectly! :thumbsup: I'd been stumped on what to do with for this page until I came across that paper! Too cute! :mickey:

Wow Jen, I have not seen the paper in all of the colours! Great find!!!

Carol, have fun at the show if you go! I emailed the magazine and told them I was unable to make it, with everything going on I just won't be able to get away without the kids, my moms boyfriend was in the hospital yesterday unexpectedly (Turns out he is okay and was released!). I would have offered you the ticket but you have to show ID to claim it at the show entrance.

Sarah - your pages are AWESOME!!! You can take the rest of the year off from the monthly challenges!!! Just curious, your titles, did you use a cricut or silhouette? BTW - I bookmarked you on my webshots! (leajay44)

Mary, hopefully you will get some inspiration here! If you have any questions or need any tips, please post them!

Just wondering...does anyone have a blog? Well, the kiddies are in bed and I bought some new papers today! I think I need to go and get caught up on the challenges!

Any ideas for Mays challenge???

Flower
04-26-2008, 08:27 PM
I just posted a HUGE reply and it did not post and I lost it :thedolls:

Carol, I am not going to the show now, I notified the mag to give my ticket to someone else. I would have offered it to you but you have to show ID at the entrance to claim it. My moms boyfriend was in the hospital yesterday, he is ok & has been released, and with the boys there is NO WAY I could take them and DH is studying tomorrow.

Sarah - your layouts are AWESOME!!! Do you use a cricut or silhouette? BTW - I added you to my webshots book mark;) You can take the rest of the year off from the monthly challenges!!! Tee hee!!!

Mary - if you have any questions or need inspiration, hopefully we can help!

Any suggestions for Mays challenge?

Well, the boys are asleep so I think I may head down to 'scrap world'!!!

Does anyone here have a blog/facebook?

Caroleh
04-26-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm on facebook.

Sarah, I think I'm heading for Forever Scrapbooks tomorrow afternoon. I need paper for my Disney Christmas pictures. I'm also going to see if I can find some good paper for my WL pictures.

I'm heading to WDW in October for the Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP, so I should get some good pictures there. We're going to be staying at POFQ, so maybe find some paper for that.

BelleKP
04-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Sarah - your layouts are AWESOME!!! Do you use a cricut or silhouette? BTW - I added you to my webshots book mark;) You can take the rest of the year off from the monthly challenges!!! Tee hee!!!

Thanks for the compliments . . and in answer to your question, I used my silhouette! I have completely 100% fallen in love with it! I think it makes all the pages look so 'professional'!

I'm on facebook.
Sarah, I think I'm heading for Forever Scrapbooks tomorrow afternoon. I need paper for my Disney Christmas pictures. I'm also going to see if I can find some good paper for my WL pictures.
I'm sure you'll find what you need! They are such a great store . . . and don't hesitate to ask, they are very helpful and willing to order things in! Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Flower
04-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the compliments . . and in answer to your question, I used my silhouette! I have completely 100% fallen in love with it! I think it makes all the pages look so 'professional'!

I love my S too! I know there is so much more I can do with it, it is just finding the time!

There is a new LSS that opened last September (It is just off the 401 in Oshawa if any of you are driving thru). They are going to be offering a S class and I am hoping to get in on it. I can word weld and such, but I have yet to make my own design and import it like Carol does!

I agree that it makes pages look SO much more professional! And I love that I can make the letters/shape any size and any font.

loopner67
04-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Great layouts Sarah. Your whole album is really cool. :mickey:

Flower
04-29-2008, 07:49 PM
May's challenge: WATER!!!!

Let's get a little H2O action going!!!!

Weather it's a rainy day activity :rain:(weather...see what I did there!),
a water ride:sail:,
a water park:vacation:,
resort pool:swim:.....

BelleKP
04-30-2008, 10:09 PM
May's challenge: WATER!!!!

a water park:vacation:,
PERFECT!! :D
That's actually one of the pages I have yet to complete (and post) for this album . . . look for it soon! Yikes . . . that means scrapbooking myself in a bathing suit . . . :eek:
:thumbsup:

Young@Heart
05-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Oh, I love this thread! I'll have to start my "water" pages soon. :blush:

Flower
05-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Did anyone do any layouts/activities for National Scrapbooking Day yesterday?

Not me - I took my son bowling, but I did take pics to scrap later!

Caroleh
05-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Did anyone do any layouts/activities for National Scrapbooking Day yesterday?

Not me - I took my son bowling, but I did take pics to scrap later!

I didn't. I had to work all day and by the time I got home I was tired.

BelleKP
05-04-2008, 09:46 PM
I didn't either . . . I took my daughter to the Fantasy Fair at Woodbine Centre . . . very fun!:thumbsup:
I found I wasn't ready to scrapbook yet, it was too soon after my retreat . . . and I still feel all scrapped out! I'm hoping to get back at it this week though . . . we'll see!

Disney-4-Me
05-05-2008, 03:18 PM
I hated that I missed the Scrapbook Day activities at our local Archiver's. I even had a free gift coupon. My son had 3 baseball games, 2 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday. I just couldn't fit it all in. I did take plenty of pictures to scrap though!:D

Flower
05-26-2008, 10:49 AM
I completed 1 Disney Lay out this month - YEAH!!!!! I am going to use it as the March Challenge for "views Of' as it encompasses one of Disney's larger than life landscaping & adds to the visual experience of Disney.

I used the Basic Grey archaic line and the lay out can been seen on the Basic Grey website by going into the idea gallery, select category *NEW* archaic, and choose DinoLand USA by Lea-Ann Cooke.

This was my first submission to their website! I love this paper and have spent a fortune on it so far! I have a few more layouts planned using the paper line, it is too cute without being too childish.

Now I am only 3 Disney challenges behind with Junes Disney challenge coming upon us quick!

coloradowendyl
05-28-2008, 07:45 PM
My name is Wendy lol...and I am a patterned paper addict who needs a 12 step program to cure it! I just reorganized and realized I have more paper than one woman should ever own!

A long time scrapbooker who has...:blush: not touched her scrapbook stuff in a YEAR! :blush: I just got my 2005 Disney Christmas trip photos printed and I am determined to get them scrapped! I figured by posting here it would force me to get them done because I would have publicly acknowledged that I am a slacker lol! For some reason a few little things in life such as kids, a husband, a house,a couple of dogs, and, oh yeah, a job ;) have gotten between me and that room full of scrapbooking supplies!

I have read this thread and love the posted layouts everyone has done...and especially that link to Paper Maps! I am now inspired!

Please feel free to give me a poke to keep me on task lol! I may actually get to the point I can join a challenge...especially if you have one for catching up on 12 years of pictures!

Wendy

Flower
05-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Welcome Wendy!!! That is exactly why I started the challenge, so many of us were saying we 'needed to'. I am still 3 months behind, but I have accomplished more because of the challenge, so hopefully it will inspire you too!

Since we are SO close to June, I will post Junes challenge as the weekend is fast approaching and it is sure to be chaotic for everyone....Junes challenge is....in honor of our newest member Wendy.....HOLIDAYS & SPECIAL EVENTS!!!!

This can encompass MNSSHP, MVMCP, P&P Party, and lets face it, there are ALWAYS some sort of special events at WDW - from EMH to fireworks!

BronxTigger
05-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Please feel free to give me a poke to keep me on task lol! I may actually get to the point I can join a challenge...especially if you have one for catching up on 12 years of pictures!

Errr....I'm about as far behind as you! I'm about 8 years behind! I took a trip to Europe in 2000 that I'm still working to scrapbook! EEK!

Caroleh
05-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Welcome, Wendy!!! Nice to see you here!!! I still haven't done anything from the last trip and I really need to get moving because I need to get going since I have the next trip coming up in Oct.!!!

Since we are SO close to June, I will post Junes challenge as the weekend is fast approaching and it is sure to be chaotic for everyone....Junes challenge is....in honor of our newest member Wendy.....HOLIDAYS & SPECIAL EVENTS!!!!

This can encompass MNSSHP, MVMCP, P&P Party, and lets face it, there are ALWAYS some sort of special events at WDW - from EMH to fireworks!

That's a perfect place for me to start, Lea-Ann, since most of the pictures from the last trip were all Christmas!!! I'm hoping I can get something done this weekend. I'm getting a 4 day weekend, but Friday I should be sewing a couple of costumes and Saturday I have recital, then the last 2 days are mine!!!!!

coloradowendyl
05-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Baby steps here, but a beginning:
1. film developed and/or printed off computer
2. pictures sorted...kinda
3. organized scrapbook room (2 weeks, 5
garbage bags, and a box to be sent to a
friend lol)
4. signed up for a crop at local LSS to at least
plan out the album and motivate (no paper
buying lol)
5. pulled out all of my disney paper and
stickers
6. discovered that my envelope of keepsakes
from the trip has gone missing :confused:
7. set a goal: album done by July 4th, then
finish 2004 road trip (sick to death of it)
and 2003 Disney trip (journal only) by end
of summer

Now I just need all the forces in my life to cooperate lol and I am all set!

Wendy

Caroleh
05-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Now I just need all the forces in my life to cooperate lol and I am all set!

Wendy

You have a plan!! Don't get carried away at the crop. I found it's too easy to go get stuff when your at a crop in a LSS.

I'm done bothering you about my trip, does that help?:D

Flower
05-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Wendy, you sound like me, having to straighten up before getting to work!

And #6 - I think that just means you need to go back to get more keepsakes!!!! I think you may know a travel agent or 2;)

I think I will go scrap right now....I should do a Disney LO so I can cross some more off the challenge list.:mickey:

coloradowendyl
05-29-2008, 09:41 PM
Little known trivial fact....I used to work at one of our LSS! Had to quit due to an inability to come home with a paycheck...instead I would come home with PAPER!

I am spending tonight actually putting stuff in layout form for tomorrow night! I have a 3 color page plan, a ton of Becky Fleck's page maps printed off, and the Scrapbook etc, layout book just waiting for me! Going to pull paper, stickers, etc and "kit it up" so I can accomplish a ton tomorrow night! I am channeling my "inner Becky Higgins".

And, I am taking my secret weapon with me...my most frugal friend ever, who will make me put things back if I decide to shop not crop!
Wendy

kaerbear178
05-29-2008, 09:44 PM
So...I'm ready to start scrapping! I have never done it before and am exicited to start! I was curious if you could recommend some things that are must haves...tools, etc. I do have a lot of stuff from when I went to Interior Design school..self healing mat, olfa cutters, adhesives.
I also went to my first scrapbook store today! I didn't realize there was such a great store literally 3 minutes from my house. In the same parking lot as Michaels and JoAnns nonetheless! I can see my self spending a lot there! :spend: I did get some great paper, some disney stuff, and little embelishments.
Wish me luck on my first layout!

Lea-Ann---I loved your dinosaur LO. It got me excited to get started!

Flower
05-30-2008, 08:40 AM
So...I'm ready to start scrapping! I have never done it before and am exicited to start! I was curious if you could recommend some things that are must haves...tools, etc. I do have a lot of stuff from when I went to Interior Design school..self healing mat, olfa cutters, adhesives.
I also went to my first scrapbook store today! I didn't realize there was such a great store literally 3 minutes from my house. In the same parking lot as Michaels and JoAnns nonetheless! I can see my self spending a lot there! :spend: I did get some great paper, some disney stuff, and little embelishments.
Wish me luck on my first layout!

Lea-Ann---I loved your dinosaur LO. It got me excited to get started!

Thanks Karen! It was fun to do - as soon as I saw the papers I knew the photos I would choose!

Congrats on getting started! The one tool I recommend investing in in a good quality 12" paper cutter. I use the Fiskars Portable Rotary Trimmer.

Look into the classes that are offered at you LSS - most stores will offer a beginner class and it is a great way to get introduced to tools & techniques. If there is something you saw and are wondering how it works - just ask us and we'd be glad to help!

Caroleh
06-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Wooohooo!!!! I did 5 pages today!!! I really had trouble getting started, but once I got going I couldn't stop. I'll try to get some pictures up later. I got my Christmas resort pictures almost done. I have one resort left then it's on to the parks, followed by the holiday parades and Osborne lights.

kaerbear178
06-02-2008, 10:51 PM
I finished photoshopping all of my pictures. My favorite is one of some elephants on KS. I changed the pic to black and white but left the elephants in color. They stand out much better! Anyway... I ordered the prints online so I am just waiting on them to come back so I can get started!

Carol- I am excited to see your LOs!

Lea-Ann- Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to half to invest in the paper cutter...I just have to get one of those 50% off coupons from Michaels! I would like to take the beginner class at my LSS but the first available one that I can take is in August!

coloradowendyl
06-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Karen,

If you have Hobby Lobby near you, you can print 40% coupons off of their website all the time.

Wendy

kaerbear178
06-03-2008, 11:15 AM
No, unfortunately we don't. I think the Michaels coupon comes out every Sunday, though. I just have to get the paper.

Flower
06-03-2008, 01:23 PM
No, unfortunately we don't. I think the Michaels coupon comes out every Sunday, though. I just have to get the paper.

You probably DON'T need the paper;)

I have done this at my local Michaels in Canada, Michaels in PA, NY & FL.....

When you get to the cash tell them that you do not get the paper and therefore do not have a coupon. Most of the time they will get you to complete one line on a piece of paper, namely your name & zip code. They will then give you the 40% off! For the longest time we did not get the paper so I never had a coupon, and now, if I forget to clip it I just ask them!

I believe Michaels in the US also has an online coupon now too!

Congrats to everyone getting work done...the boys have been keeping me busy these days and therefore away from 'craft world'.

coloradowendyl
06-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Drumroll....:drummer: I got 3 (2) page layouts done Friday night! Probably could have done more but after not cropping for an entire year, I am kinda rusty lol!

Wendy

Flower
06-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Congrats Wendy!!!! Are you able to post them?

coloradowendyl
06-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Baby steps here! Let me get it done first!
Based on the way my week is going, nothing else is getting done this week! There are a ton of perennials waiting to be planted, a mountain of laundry, etc etc etc! Maybe this weekend,crossing fingers!

Wendy

Caroleh
06-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Lea-Ann, I picked up a Canadian Scrapbooker today and I found your layout!! Very good!!!

Flower
06-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks Carol! I was so excited to finally get published, did you ever send anything in?

I have not scrapped since I did the DinoLand layout (On the Basic Grey gallery website)...I should be downstairs right now scrapping but I am having a hard time winding down tonight, kids have been insane today, and then Brandon mentioned wanting a Hot Wheels/LMA bedroom and his current bedroom seems so baby'ish, so of course I have been surfing to get ideas for a cars/hot wheels bedroom! The creative mind never rests! Hey, I think I will add that to my signature, it seems fitting for me!

We should have a GTA meet...what do you think? How would the Scarborough Town Centre be for a central location, and they have a Disney Store! I was there today actually - I scored a Pirates of the Caribbean cork board, normally $44.99 ON FOR $2.49!!!! The price was so good I bought 4!!! One for each boy, 1 for a cousin & 1 for a friends sons birthday - too great a deal to pass up!!!

Caroleh
06-09-2008, 10:48 PM
I haven't sent anything in. I get so intimidated because it seems so many pictures has to deal with children or families. My DD is 23 on Wed. and lives in Iowa, so I don't have a lot of those pictures, unless I did the grand niece.

I'd love to have a GTA meet, except the next few months are crazy for me. We're getting ready for inventory, then everyone wants a vacation, then comes my yearly seminar at the end of September and then last but not least...I'm going back to WDW Thanksgiving weekend(our Thanksgiving)

kaerbear178
06-10-2008, 12:40 AM
I finished my first LO ever! I did February's character challenge with Tigger. :tigger: I also did my 2 cover pages(which I love). I posted pictures of them tonight as well. http://community.webshots.com/album/563745324zBZRUH

Now onto March!

Caroleh
06-10-2008, 07:58 AM
I finished my first LO ever! I did February's character challenge with Tigger. :tigger: I also did my 2 cover pages(which I love). I posted pictures of them tonight as well. http://community.webshots.com/album/563745324zBZRUH

Now onto March!

I love it, Karen!!! I like the use of the buttons!!! You did a great job!!

Flower
06-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Karen,

I loved the buttons too!!! And the bling paper - I love it!!!

Beautiful shot of the castle!

kaerbear178
06-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks! The castle pick took some work---my husband had me leave the castle in color and change the rest to black and white. It took a while! He's funny---he's an animator (and perfectionist) so he's been giving me opinions on my pages!

Caroleh
06-10-2008, 06:01 PM
How do you keep part of your picture in black and white and the rest in color? I have Photo Shop Pro 8 and I haven't figured that out yet.

kaerbear178
06-10-2008, 09:41 PM
First I make a copy of the background layer. Then on that layer I select what I want to remain in color. I then go to layers, and select new layer by copy. Next, change the original copy of the background layer to black and white. Whatever you selected to be in color should stay that way! Let me know if it doesn't work for you or if you have other questions.

Flower
06-10-2008, 09:48 PM
And I sent you a PM Carol!

BelleKP
06-10-2008, 10:52 PM

Now onto March!

Great Job Karen! Are you sure you are a novice? ;) Love the photoshop work . .. it definitely adds to your layouts!

Hi to everyone else!! I know I haven't been around much . . . I have been in such a slump lately (can't seem to keep up with life). I come around here to see what you are all up to, but haven't scrapped since April and so I'm just feeling bummed! And now it's report card crunch and end of the year meltdown, I mean countdown . . . so I just don't know if I'll get to anything until after school is out (13 days and counting!). Maybe once I've submitted my reports I can do a page or two next week . . . I guess we'll have to see!
All the best to everyone!
Happy Scrapping!:mickey:

kaerbear178
06-11-2008, 12:52 AM
Great Job Karen! Are you sure you are a novice? ;) Love the photoshop work . .. it definitely adds to your layouts!

Technically....I did just spend the last 4 months putting together my interior design portfolio, which is all about LO's, just digital ones. And I did spend the last 5 years of school putting together color boards. So I've had a lot of practice with color, space, and texture. I just haven't ever scrapped before. I am already hooked though!

BronxTigger
06-11-2008, 06:33 AM
Hi to everyone else!! I know I haven't been around much . . . I have been in such a slump lately (can't seem to keep up with life). I come around here to see what you are all up to, but haven't scrapped since April and so I'm just feeling bummed! And now it's report card crunch and end of the year meltdown, I mean countdown . . . so I just don't know if I'll get to anything until after school is out (13 days and counting!). Maybe once I've submitted my reports I can do a page or two next week . . . I guess we'll have to see!
All the best to everyone!
Happy Scrapping!:mickey:

:ditto:

And yes, I think you DID mean meltdown! Between the heat and all the other crazy things that go on at the end of the year, the kids (teachers?) are melting down!

I'm hoping to get a few pages done this weekend, but they won't be Disney pages right now. I have an old scrapbook I need to finish (errr...START and finish) by July 2. Yikes!

kakn7294
06-11-2008, 06:42 AM
I just completed an 8 X 8 scrapbook of DH's cat that we lost a few weeks ago. It's only 10 pages long but I did the cover and inside of both the front and back covers as well. It only took me 2 days to complete it - it just sort of all came together.

Caroleh
06-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the help!! Ended up I have Paint Shop Pro and I couldn't do what I wanted, ended up I got PhotoShop Elements and it works!! Now I'm going to have fun!!

Magic Smiles
06-12-2008, 10:26 PM
First I make a copy of the background layer. Then on that layer I select what I want to remain in color. I then go to layers, and select new layer by copy. Next, change the original copy of the background layer to black and white. Whatever you selected to be in color should stay that way! Let me know if it doesn't work for you or if you have other questions.
That is so cool! I just tried it with a photo of the picture viewer in the Buzz Lightyear ride. Left the viewer red and changed everything else to black and white. It looks so neat. I will have to try it again when I have more time. Thanks for the instructions.

kaerbear178
06-12-2008, 11:08 PM
That is so cool! I just tried it with a photo of the picture viewer in the Buzz Lightyear ride. Left the viewer red and changed everything else to black and white. It looks so neat. I will have to try it again when I have more time. Thanks for the instructions.

I'm glad it worked for you! I love the way pictures turn out when you leave just a little bit of color!

Caroleh
06-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Hey, Lea Ann and Sarah, did you notice that Silhoutte now has fairy tale downloads?!!! They have a castle, princess, magic wand and glass slippers!!!

Caroleh
06-22-2008, 07:36 PM
I've just uploaded the first 10 pages (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2296103450093439642wmbSWr) of my WDW Christmas book. I've finished my Christmas at the resorts pages and my Christmas at Epcot. Now I have the last 3 parks to do.

Question: since DHS was MGM when I was there, what would you call those pages?

Flower
06-23-2008, 09:13 AM
Hey, Lea Ann and Sarah, did you notice that Silhoutte now has fairy tale downloads?!!! They have a castle, princess, magic wand and glass slippers!!!

I saw that!!! They have come out with some good stuff lately, like the pirate & Hawaii stuff!

Flower
06-23-2008, 09:20 AM
10 pages!!! Great job!!!! They look awesome!!!

I noticed the Intercot meet page, was that Niagara Falls? How did I miss that one???!!!! So close to home!!!

Since we are probably going to be away next weekend and with all of the holidays coming up for July 1st & July 4th, I am going to post the July challenge a little early:
July's Challenge: FOOD!!!!!
Restaurants, character meals, food pics, anything food related including the kitchen sink!!!!
(My goal in life is to one day partake in eating the kitchen sink!!!)

Caroleh
06-23-2008, 06:08 PM
10 pages!!! Great job!!!! They look awesome!!!

I noticed the Intercot meet page, was that Niagara Falls? How did I miss that one???!!!! So close to home!!!

Thanks!!!! I have SO much more to do. I have all the holiday parades to do then all the regular stuff. I'm hoping to get everything done before we head back down.

That meet was last year at The Falls. It was a bunch of from the JQ thread, even though we opened it up for everyone. There was offwego and her son, Mickey'sGirl, CanadianWDWfan and their 2 boys, Disnygirl(Blythe), her DH and 2 girls, Pogo and his DW, and last of all my DH and me. It was a really fun time, even though it was freezing.

BelleKP
06-23-2008, 10:39 PM
I've just uploaded the first 10 pages (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2296103450093439642wmbSWr) of my WDW Christmas book. I've finished my Christmas at the resorts pages and my Christmas at Epcot. Now I have the last 3 parks to do.

Question: since DHS was MGM when I was there, what would you call those pages?

Great pages Carol . . . and I would stick with MGM . .. my old albums all say MGM and my latest even said Disney Studios, before they added the Hollywood part!
And yes, I did get the email about Silhouettes Fairytale stuff . . . very cute! I sat down on Saturday and Scrapbooked two pages in my family album. Not much I know, but the most I've done in a while. 3 more days and school will be out . . . I hope I can get more done then!

Young@Heart
07-09-2008, 02:02 AM

Those are great pages! I love the Mickey tree. :mickey:

Caroleh
07-10-2008, 06:57 AM
Those are great pages! I love the Mickey tree. :mickey:

Thank you. I hope I can get a little more done this weekend.

Flower
07-11-2008, 01:44 PM
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....New Safari designs for the silhouette just released!!!!!

Caroleh
07-11-2008, 09:57 PM
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....New Safari designs for the silhouette just released!!!!!

Ohhhhhhh, those are perfect for AK!!!!! I think they are trying to please some of us WDW people. I want to get something dome this weekend, but I have sooo much work stuff to do.

Caroleh
07-14-2008, 08:00 PM
I did 7 more pages today of my Dec. trip. Here's my Osborne Lights and Animal Kingdom pictures. (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2123230060093439642MVoBhn)

Flower
07-14-2008, 08:07 PM
I love them Carol - they are awesome!

What font did you use for Animal Kingdom? And did you just add the scarf to the Pluto embellishment? I just love the :mickey: trees! Too cute!

Caroleh
07-14-2008, 09:18 PM
I love them Carol - they are awesome!

What font did you use for Animal Kingdom? And did you just add the scarf to the Pluto embellishment? I just love the :mickey: trees! Too cute!

The Font is called African. I bought the Pluto embellishment yesterday when I went to my LSS. It was with Mickey carrying a tree. I think I'm going to use Mickey on the page I do us with Donald at his tree farm. I did the Mickey's on the tree with my Silhoutte. They are the letter K on Mickey's Mousebats.

kaerbear178
07-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Carol-
I love your pages as well. I love the Pluto Embellishment and your fonts! I need to get working on some more pages...

Caroleh
07-14-2008, 09:26 PM
I really love my Silhoutte!! I use it for fonts and so much other stuff. Right now I'm working on Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade. I'm thinking about using the new safari animals look like they are pulling the pictures. I'm trying to think of what to use for the rope that is pulling them...I know I work in a fabric store and should have tons of stuff.

MickeyChick
07-16-2008, 12:05 PM
I haven't posted in awhile so I have a bunch of layouts to share...

Animal Kingdom Entrance (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/AKentrance.jpg)

Tamu Tamu in AK (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/AKkaribuudani.jpg)

Peek a Boo in AK (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/AKpeekaboo.jpg)

We Got the Beat in AK (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/AKwegotthebeat.jpg)

Fish are Friends in Epcot (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/EPFishnotfood.jpg)

Magical Connections in MK (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/MKmagicalconnections.jpg)

Dreams Come True Parade in MK (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/mkdreamsparade.jpg)

Flying Carpets in MK (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/mkflyinhigh.jpg)

Castle (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/mkhappiestplace.jpg)

Cowboy Camp (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/mkheyhowdyhey.jpg)

Main Street MK (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/MKmainstreet.jpg)

Waiting at Pop (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/Popwaiting.jpg)

Safari # 1 at AK (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/aksafari1.jpg)

Safari # 2 at AK (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/aksafari2.jpg)

Adventureland MK (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/mkdaringjourneys.jpg)

Partners MK (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/mkpartners.jpg)

Pooh's Playful Spot MK (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/mkpoohspot.jpg)

Pirates MK (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/mkpotc.jpg)

Frontierland MK (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/mkwildwildwest.jpg)

coloradowendyl
07-16-2008, 01:36 PM
I have touched nothing since my crop way back in June. Life, kids, work just do not seem to allow me any time to scrapbook anymore! I have seriously started thinking about a massive garage sale and just getting rid of everything and going to just shoving pix in regular albums! With the money I would make selling the contents of my scrapbook room, I could probably pay eldest's first semester of college lol!

Or :D maybe I should just pack up the zillions of years of pix and ship them to Carol? She does an awfully nice job on her books...I just bet she would love another 12 or so years of pictures to scrap!:)

Wendy

MickeyChick
07-16-2008, 03:33 PM
You could always sell the contents of your scrap room to US, here.

Caroleh
07-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Great pictures, Mickey Chick. You really got a lot done.

Wendy, I've had trouble getting motivated to get my December trip done. Condsidering we moved shortly after the trip doesn't help and the fact that I took over 700 pictures.:blush: I've decided that I really need to set aside some time each week or month to get things done. I have to finish the Dec. trip before the October trip and then do the October trip before the Dec. trip. In the mean time I have to make some creative assecories to go with an outfit, a semi formal, and a creative tablerunner before the end of September. I think we all need that escape time...but then it helps being an empty nester. :D

coloradowendyl
07-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Ok...I have the remainder of my 2003 trip to do, my 2004 road trip to finish, my 2005 and 2006 WDW trips to do, my 2007 cruise...plus 12 yrs of kids stuff! My friends that scrap with me are very sick of seeing me pull out the Road Trip album lol!

I figure that at the rate of 3 pages every year I will finish in the year 2175 or so!

At least when I was running the scrapbook crop fundraisers for the kids school I got my stuff out 5 or 6 weekends a year! Now by the time I am done at night, I have no motivation! I need to come up with some sort of routine or it will never get done!

Wendy

Caroleh
07-17-2008, 07:54 AM
Now by the time I am done at night, I have no motivation! I need to come up with some sort of routine or it will never get done!

Wendy

That's where I have problems, motivation. Usually by the time I get home from work, I'm exhausted. What got me started working on it again was some of my online threads have been getting their scrapbooking done and now I want my pictures done. I also usually print my own pictures and what is helping this time is I'm making them a lot smaller, which means fewer pages.

BelleKP
07-18-2008, 11:47 AM
MickeyChick your pages are amazing!! :thumbsup: They are creative and well put together, but to top it off your photogrpahy is so good. The pictures themselves are great!
I have been scrapbooking a bit since school's been out. Just not Disney stuff. I've been working on my family album. I'm in April of 2007. My goal is to get 2007 done this summer. I still have a few odd Disney pages to do, so when I get to them, I will definitley post!
Happy Scrapping everyone! :mickey:

Caroleh
07-20-2008, 08:28 PM
I've gotten 6 more pages (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2780475800093439642pZNanm)done!!!! All I have left of my Christmas album is MVMCP, then it's on to all the normal pictures.

Flower
07-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Cute Carol!

I love the winter Mickey and the 'bling' you added to the Christmas tree LO!

I finished 1 LO this morning, I just need to ad the journaling. The next LO is started - I will upload once finished.

Does anyone have any suggestions/requests for the August Challenge?

ElenitaB
07-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Hey there! Can i join in the fun?

I have some pages that I could "apply" to the challenges though they were done in the past. Want to see them anyway?

There's not too much more left of July, but I'll try to get some pages done for this month's challenge. I still have my two cruise books to do and this challenge certainly covers some LOs for those books.

Now I just have to port over my pics from my old desktop to my laptop.

Caroleh
07-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Hi Ellen!!!

Glad to see you here!! You know we'd love to have you join us...the more the merrier!!

ElenitaB
07-26-2008, 03:06 PM
I thought of an idea for our August travel: transportation. This could be travelling to Orlando and back home (the sad part), or internal WDW transportation (monorails, busses, ferries, etc.)

Would this work?

Caroleh
07-26-2008, 06:24 PM
I thought of an idea for our August travel: transportation. This could be travelling to Orlando and back home (the sad part), or internal WDW transportation (monorails, busses, ferries, etc.)

Would this work?

That's a great idea!!!

Caroleh
07-27-2008, 10:09 PM
As I was working on my scrapbooking today, I was thinking about how fun it would be to have someone to scrapbook with. Do any of you have someone you scrapbook with? I know you do, Ellen and Bethany.

Flower
07-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Since it is almost August - Augusts Challenge will be TRANSPORTATION!!!! Love it!!!

Flower
07-27-2008, 10:56 PM
As I was working on my scrapbooking today, I was thinking about how fun it would be to have someone to scrapbook with. Do any of you have someone you scrapbook with? I know you do, Ellen and Bethany.

I have to admit, I HATE going to my LSS to crop, or to someones home. I get there and I always want/need something that I know is at my house, so I tend to lose focus and get NOTHING accomplished, unless I am taking a structured class.

I have also found that when I get together at someones house there is more talking and less scrapping, therefore to drag everything out seems pointless!

I have befriended one of the girls that works at my LSS, we get together for coffee and spent a weekend together at CK Buffalo in 2006! We keep talking about getting together to do our Disney stuff together, but it never happens - and we know we would just talk anyway!

Caroleh
07-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Woo Hoo!!! I finally finished June's challenge!!! I finished my last six pages today!!! (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2749462680093439642BEBaBO) Now I'm going back to start at the begininng of the year!!! How fast do you think I can finish? :D

Flower
07-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Awesome Carol! I am going to try to get some done tonight while watching Jon & Kate!

How about a February meet & crop in the Niagara area? There is one hotel in particular on the Canadian side that I can probably get a good group rate on; Want me to look into it? I am just thinking February because with everyone going in December they will need to crop the trip, but who will have time with Christmas going on...and March gets into March break, and February gives us something to look forward to in to winter!

ElenitaB
07-29-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm ready for the August challenge! I actually have a few pages that I can do.

You're serious about Niagara Falls in February, huh? Is there a Great Wolf Lodge up there or something similar? I'm not so sure about seeking more cold in the wintertime. ;)

Flower
07-30-2008, 02:14 PM
You're serious about Niagara Falls in February, huh? Is there a Great Wolf Lodge up there or something similar? I'm not so sure about seeking more cold in the wintertime. ;)

Yahhhh baby!!!! There is totally a GWL!!!! That would almost be too perfect, the families could come if they want to and play and we could scrap! Dinner to follow at Wolfgang Pucks to remind us all of DTD!!!

Funny the last time we were at GWL I ended up scrapping while Benjie napped, Jay and Brandon were off playing. There is a scrapbook store about 15 minutes from GWL - I have not been there though (Google Canadian Scrapper .com)

I just threw February out there, it sounds like this year so many people already have travel plans made & to pay for, and then Christmas comes and there is NOTHING to look forward to in the winter, unless you are going to WDW.

NF Can. also has 2 casinos with a bunch of shops and amenities. And Niagara-On-The-Lake is beautiful any time of year - and they have a TON of great wineries! :wine:

Caroleh
07-31-2008, 10:03 PM
Yahhhh baby!!!! There is totally a GWL!!!! That would almost be too perfect, the families could come if they want to and play and we could scrap! Dinner to follow at Wolfgang Pucks to remind us all of DTD!!!

Funny the last time we were at GWL I ended up scrapping while Benjie napped, Jay and Brandon were off playing. There is a scrapbook store about 15 minutes from GWL - I have not been there though (Google Canadian Scrapper .com)

I just threw February out there, it sounds like this year so many people already have travel plans made & to pay for, and then Christmas comes and there is NOTHING to look forward to in the winter, unless you are going to WDW.

NF Can. also has 2 casinos with a bunch of shops and amenities. And Niagara-On-The-Lake is beautiful any time of year - and they have a TON of great wineries! :wine:

I love the Niagara area, no matter what time of the year. First time I went it was around New Years eve. It was so cool!! (and cold!!!)

Flower
08-01-2008, 02:11 PM
I finished a Disney LO last night! I will post it later and am hoping to get some done over then next 2 days - I just dropped the boys off at my in-laws!

My in-laws are about 5 mins away from my LSS, so I just HAD to head up there once I dropped the boys off! I was chatting with my friend that works there and in walked Kelly Panacci from Sandylion! (Kelly Panacci.com).

I spoke with Kelly for about half an hour, we have met before on several occasions, I just think it so amazing that she designs papers and loves what she does. Now that would be a dream job, to design, scrap, play & get paid for it!

Anyway, I have the house to myself, Jay will be home fairly soon, so I think while I have the chance I am going to hit the scraproom and have some ME time!

ElenitaB
08-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Here's two L/Os for the July food challenge: left (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/349211384_UgJ8w-X2.jpg) and right (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/349210794_z5UqZ-X2.jpg) from our evening at Animator's Palate on our first cruise in November 06.

It's August so here's a L/O (http://BenEllen.smugmug.com/photos/343319683_fAAv2-X2.jpg) for the August challenge. I've titled the page "Uh Oh" and if you read the journaling, you'll see why.

Hope you enjoy it!

Nance
08-02-2008, 03:57 AM
Hi Ellen,

Your L/O are awesome! I just love them :thumbsup:

Caroleh
08-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Great layouts, Ellen!!! I have never taken pictures of any of our transportation. That's my goal on our trip in October.

ElenitaB
08-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Well, you guys have inspired me! I'm going to try to catch up on my scrapping before our December trip, which means umpteen WDW trips and two cruises and one (:faint:) non-WDW trip to Philadelphia.

That said, here's a contribution for January's resort challenge (because, after all, the ship WAS our resort ;)): left (http://BenEllen.smugmug.com/photos/344373167_8Wb3j-X2.jpg) and right (http://BenEllen.smugmug.com/photos/344373438_Hqqpf-X2.jpg).

Caroleh
08-03-2008, 07:27 PM
I love your pages, Ellen!! Are they digital pages or the old fashened ones? One of these days I'm really going to break down and try something digital!!

ElenitaB
08-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Carol, at this point, they're all digital. With the neuropathy, it's a lot easier for me to manipulate a mouse than my scrapbooking tools. And to scrap, I don't need to clear off my desk. :blush:

Here's another spread (left (http://BenEllen.smugmug.com/photos/344487659_3cXh6-X2.jpg) and right (http://BenEllen.smugmug.com/photos/344487844_b6GpG-X2.jpg)) for our August transportation challenge: it's from our Nov 06 cruise, about the bus ride over to Port Canaveral and all it meant to me to actually, finally get there!

Editing this to add another layout (this is becoming an obsession) about a very special magical moment DS was granted on our cruise, for February's challenge (meeting the characters): left (http://BenEllen.smugmug.com/photos/344567889_ciW2f-X2.jpg) and right (http://BenEllen.smugmug.com/photos/344568179_m2YqA-X2.jpg).

Flower
08-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Ellen,

I was thinking about your digi scrapping yesterday, just wondering, do you have your digi LO's printed once you complete them?

I am just afraid that if I went digi I would never have them printed and they would get 'lost'!

ElenitaB
08-04-2008, 02:08 PM
I've been toying with the idea of buying a large format printer (either HP or Epson) but haven't made the commitment yet. I need two things first: the money :spend: and the space to put it. :blush:

In the meantime, I've been printing some pages at Costco (to the tune of $3 a pop), and I've asked my brother (who works at a huge photo lab in NYC) to print out a bunch. I've pretty much decided that these books will be my last 12x12s, as I can print out 8x8" layouts on my home printer (and they look great too).

Caroleh
08-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Since Aug. 1 I have done 15 pages!!! I finished my July challenge (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2918984060093439642xWSUEE) of food (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2918706380093439642fUEbWM). Then I went back and did January's (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2123004560093439642NTNShT) challenge (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2853895010093439642tpohPo) of the (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2564359660093439642rjQxYX) resorts (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2865690480093439642Emdyly). After I finished that I did the Feb. (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2567090340093439642DAcqst) Challenge (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2966250370093439642rcPcQY) of characters (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2385623160093439642TRIuUU). I did the characters (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2120262860093439642PCxGcK) from the different parks (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2690157520093439642LcXPKy)all together(I usually do all parks separately)!!

Next I decided to venture off from the challenge and just try to go to the different parks and rides at the parks(that's usually how I scrapbook). I started with Epcot (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2681823790093439642OmpRQX), I did Test Track (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2113754140093439642tywbFk)and Living with (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2198528980093439642npIwXS)the land (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2994260450093439642CRpMGg). Next I have to finish World Showcase...someone give me a park to do after that!!! I have a feeling that I'm going to be using a few of my lieu days and take long weekends!!

ElenitaB
08-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Nice pages, Carol! :thumbsup:

So I'm not the only one who takes a lot of pictures on Living with the Land? :blush: I seem to take bunches of photos each and every time we go. What is up with that?

Caroleh
08-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Nice pages, Carol! :thumbsup:

So I'm not the only one who takes a lot of pictures on Living with the Land? :blush: I seem to take bunches of photos each and every time we go. What is up with that?

Thanks, Ellen!!

I think I take WAY too many pictures. I took over 700 on the Dec. trip, but most of them are of the different sites. I told Gilles that I'm going to try and figure out what I want pictures of the next trip...the December trip will be easy...I'll be taking pictures for the JQU yearbook!!!:D Do you think anyone will want to hang out with me when we aren't having an official meeting?

We don't have very many pictures of us together, since I'm always manning the camera, so that's one thing I need to work on. Another is transportation, and food. Gilles teases me that the camera is an attachment to my hand when we're at WDW!!

Flower
08-05-2008, 01:44 PM
I've been toying with the idea of buying a large format printer (either HP or Epson) but haven't made the commitment yet. I need two things first: the money :spend: and the space to put it. :blush:

In the meantime, I've been printing some pages at Costco (to the tune of $3 a pop), and I've asked my brother (who works at a huge photo lab in NYC) to print out a bunch. I've pretty much decided that these books will be my last 12x12s, as I can print out 8x8" layouts on my home printer (and they look great too).

I need a new printer and have considered a 12x12 too, I just don't know what to do, I worry the ink would be TOO expensive! I won't be buying anything until I go back to work anyway.

[QUOTE=Caroleh; Next I have to finish World Showcase...someone give me a park to do after that!!! I have a feeling that I'm going to be using a few of my lieu days and take long weekends!![/QUOTE]

The pages look great Carol! You have given me an idea for the remaining months of 2008! Would anyone like to know them in advance so they can get working on them?!!!?:D

Caroleh
08-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Go ahead and give them to me so I can finish this scrapbook, since I have another to do in October!!!

Nut4DW
08-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Carol - love the Christmas scrapbook - it makes me even more anxious for my Christmas trip to DW to get here....

I'm new to scrapbooking - have only recently completed my first scrapbook. Any hints and advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. I especially would like to know where to get the disney and other fonts as well as best places to purchase supplies. The one book I've finished was of our last trip to DW and I have two more trips to scrapbook. I'm also already thinking about the book I'll make after our Dec '08 trip.

Thanks for you help and keep posting those pages - I love looking at your creative hard work.

Flower
08-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Carol - love the Christmas scrapbook - it makes me even more anxious for my Christmas trip to DW to get here....

I'm new to scrapbooking - have only recently completed my first scrapbook. Any hints and advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. I especially would like to know where to get the disney and other fonts as well as best places to purchase supplies. The one book I've finished was of our last trip to DW and I have two more trips to scrapbook. I'm also already thinking about the book I'll make after our Dec '08 trip.

Thanks for you help and keep posting those pages - I love looking at your creative hard work.

Welcome!!! Please ask away and we will help as much as we can!

There are many websites which offer free Disney fonts, I use Da Font .com alot. If you google Free Disney fonts you will get a ton of stuff.

Just wondering if you have a cutting system such as a Silhouette or Cricut? They are expensive, but are great for Cutting titles & shapes.

There are so many places to purchase scrapbooking supplies. Do you have a local Scrapbook Shop (LSS?). They specialize in scrapbooking supplies and offer classes on everything! Michaels is a great store, as is AC MOORE. It just depends on what is in your area. There are many online sites too, mouse memories is a favorite of mine, as is scrap your trip - both excellent sites for Disney products!

Please post your work when you get a chance!

Nut4DW
08-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the font info Flower - I appreciate it. I downloaded a couple this morning and can't wait to use them. Unfortunately, work comes first :(

I do not have either of the cutting systems you mentioned though I'm sure I would love them. Maybe I can look into that before I do my December 08 trip book.

So far, most of my supplies have come from Hobby Lobby as my daughter found their scrapbooking supplies on sale one day and bought a several items - that's how I got started scrapping. I definately need to look at Michaels but not sure if there are other stores around that carry a lot of the supplies. I will also look online.

Thanks again for your help. I don't know if I will share my pages with you guys until I get a little better - all of your pages are fantastic and mine are VERY novice. Any advice or info is still very much welcome.

Caroleh
08-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks again for your help. I don't know if I will share my pages with you guys until I get a little better - all of your pages are fantastic and mine are VERY novice. Any advice or info is still very much welcome.

Don't be afraid to post your layouts. Each of us are at different levels and we are here to support each other. I look at Lea Ann's pages and I don't think I could ever do as well as her. Ellen is great at her digital scrapbooking, I tried once and couldn't get it...and it's not that I don't know computers, I have to touch the paper.

I look back at some of my first pages and I laugh to see what I did and how far I have come. I go to my LSS and I see some of the layouts displayed...they are great, but they aren't me. I can't use one page for one picture. Lately, I've been adding tons of pictures to a page, it's a space issue.

We're here to help!! If you have any questions, you have several people to support you.

Nut4DW
08-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the encouragement about posting - but I realized, I don't even know how to post pictures or their links here.

I've never tried the digital - not sure how I would do with that. Maybe I will give it a whirl someday. I really enjoyed working on my first book - but felt limited because I used an 8 x 8 and often couldn't get everything I wanted on a page. My next book will be 12 x 12 and I'm really ready to get started on it - but my daughter graduates from college on Friday so I have to get that past me first.

I have figured out from doing my first book that I need to take LOTS more pictures on my December trip. I am already sure that my hubby will hear the phrase "wait, I need to take a picture for the scrapbook" so many times he'll want to scream. :blush: Lucky for me he is a patient man.

Caroleh
08-06-2008, 04:04 PM
My DH and DD were teasing me the first trip because we'd take two steps and I'd be taking a picture. Now he's so use to seeing me with the camera he doesn't say anything. I think after the last trip and 700+ pictures, I missed a lot. When we go in October, I kinda plan what I want pictures of, so I don't miss stuff. The December trip, I want to take pictures of all my friends I'm going to meet...right, Ellen!!;)

Nut4DW, when are you going in December?

Nut4DW
08-06-2008, 07:08 PM
We will be there Dec 10 through the 18 - how about you guys?

Flower
08-06-2008, 07:11 PM
We will be there Dec 10 through the 18 - how about you guys?

There is a meet going on while you are down there!!!....and I can't go :mad: But Carol will be there!!!

Nut4DW
08-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Oh really - I would love that. I'll have to find out the where and when of the meet. Thanks.

Caroleh
08-06-2008, 08:07 PM
The meet is a bunch of us from the Just Questions thread. We doing mini golf, osborne lights, CP and CR, and touring MK together.
If you'd like, we could meet up on the 11th or 14th. I'm going the 10th-15th.

ElenitaB
08-08-2008, 11:41 PM
I'll be there too!

Well, I did something I've never done before tonight. I posted a layout to a challenge on the Scrapgirls board. Eeek! Anyone want to see it?

Caroleh
08-09-2008, 07:41 AM
I'll be there too!

Well, I did something I've never done before tonight. I posted a layout to a challenge on the Scrapgirls board. Eeek! Anyone want to see it?

I'd love to see it Ellen!!!

BronxTigger
08-09-2008, 07:55 AM
I'll be there too!

Yes!

Flower
08-09-2008, 09:53 AM
I'll be there too!

Ellen,

I headed over to scrap girls to find your LO - how inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope everything is going well. Here's to a 2010 cruise for you and your family! :pixie:

Lea

ElenitaB
08-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Thanks, Lea-Ann! It was fun doing it.

For the rest of you, here's a link (http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=60129) to the post.

BronxTigger
08-09-2008, 02:42 PM
I like it! You are getting some nice comments too!

Congratulations!

ElenitaB
08-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Another layout for February's resort challenge, again from our Nov 06 cruise: Our cabin (left (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/348261402_wR6Sa-X2.jpg)and right (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/348261549_Rxunp-X2.jpg)).

If I can get at least a spread done a day, I'll be soooo happy! Bethany can attest to how much scrapbooking stuff I have around my house, none of which I'm using as I'm really going digital, but at LEAST, my albums are getting done! :blush:

~~~~~~~~~

Later that day...

Well, none of my tasks are going to get done tonight as I have a fever coming on, but I did finish some layouts that aren't going in a Disney album but rather in my Halloween album (8x8). However, since we've been lucky enough to go to MNSSHP twice, these pages are, in essence, Disney pages. So as part of June's holiday challenge, here are:
- 2003: left (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/348331453_mw6js-X2.jpg) and right (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/348331559_redd7-X2.jpg)
- 2007: left (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/348327749_qasf7-X2.jpg) and right (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/348327859_QdeKZ-X2.jpg) / this was during INTERCOT's Tenth Anniversary celebration

Nut4DW
08-10-2008, 02:21 PM
The meet is a bunch of us from the Just Questions thread. We doing mini golf, osborne lights, CP and CR, and touring MK together.
If you'd like, we could meet up on the 11th or 14th. I'm going the 10th-15th.

I'd love tomeet up - sorry it has taken me so long to respond. My DH and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary on Thursday - then watched our daughter graduate from Texas A&M on Friday - been just a little busy.

We are doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour on the 11th so the 14th would probably be better to meet.

Caroleh
08-10-2008, 04:49 PM
When it gets a little closer we'll set something up. I think we're doing Cique on the 11th...I need to order tickets yet.

ElenitaB
08-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Cirque is awesome, Carol. I still remember it so vividly from when we went years and years ago. (Ben's a Cirque baby, btw.)

Did more scrapping today. For the March challenge (views of ...), here's my first l/o of our views of Castaway Cay: left (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/349177028_5chn3-X2.jpg) and right (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/349177292_kvCiV-X2.jpg). And here's a layout (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2452645600091682051GUyoLT) (from my May 06 book) about the castle (a hybrid layout). For the April challenge (rides), here are layouts about Splash (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2101172970091682051Nelilf) and Expedition:Everest (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2391241800091682051TlPYqe).

I also did a spread this evening about Pirate Night on the Wonder, which would fit in with the June challenge (holidays and special events): left (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/349143089_vHYLA-X2.jpg) and right (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/349142602_CMLWf-X2.jpg).

In case anyone is interested, here's a link (http://family.webshots.com/album/552683904zGYszl) to May 06 scrapbook — the first that I ever finished but certainly the first that I ever started. :blush: It was mostly hybrid, though some of the pages are totally digital. The last six pages of this book would fit in with the June challenge (holidays and special events), as they're all about Star Wars Weekend.

It will probably be a few weeks before I can scrap again. Work is due to pick up again as a major project might finally be launching on the 22nd (yeah... FINALLY). But this also means the return of 10+ hours a day from now until then.

BronxTigger
08-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Ellen! You're a scrapping monster! I can't believe how many pages you've gotten done lately!

ElenitaB
08-11-2008, 02:19 AM
Hello, my name is Ellen and I'm a scrapbooking addict! :blush:

One last spread and that's it for now... for the March challenge (views of...), here are some views of the Flying Dutchman which can now be found on Castaway Cay: left (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/349382423_9SbM7-X2.jpg) and right (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/349382601_8HHTm-X2.jpg).

MauiMouse
08-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Now that I have a little more time on my hands I'm going to start to scrapbook a little more.

Going to try and get at least one page of each of the Challenge layouts done. If I can do that then I'm on my way to doing good. I have all the materials, I just have to get motivated.

Plus I'll get some new pictures pretty soon as my trip is coming up.

So without further ado I have all my stuff laid out on the floor, starting right now. :blush:

ElenitaB
08-12-2008, 12:55 AM
I have an idea for our September challenge... how about "magical moments"?

Nut4DW
08-17-2008, 08:33 PM
I came up with the idea for a gift for my best friend of over 40 years today - I would make her a scrapbook for her birthday (10/31) Sounds like a great idea, right? After buying gifts twice a year (bday and Christmas) I'm about out of gift ideas and I have LOTS of pictures of the two of us together over the years. I have a few thoughts in mind of pages I'd like to do, but was wondering if you scrapbook experts could throw some great ideas my way to help a novice scrapper out. FYI - Susan and I grew up together, went to church together, were roommates in college and have traveled together several times. Help me...please....Thanks in advance.

Flower
08-17-2008, 10:54 PM
I came up with the idea for a gift for my best friend of over 40 years today - I would make her a scrapbook for her birthday (10/31) Sounds like a great idea, right? After buying gifts twice a year (bday and Christmas) I'm about out of gift ideas and I have LOTS of pictures of the two of us together over the years. I have a few thoughts in mind of pages I'd like to do, but was wondering if you scrapbook experts could throw some great ideas my way to help a novice scrapper out. FYI - Susan and I grew up together, went to church together, were roommates in college and have traveled together several times. Help me...please....Thanks in advance.

Since you are just starting out and want to get a lot of pages done quickly (It will creep up on you fast!), consider a few things: Look at pre-done sketches to get LO's done quickly, that way you do not have to think about the LO of every page. There is a web site called page maps and a friend who works at a scrapbook store swears by it. I personally like to come up with my own ideas, but I have used a sketch a few times and do like how fast a page can come together.

If I am doing an album on one theme in particular, I will sometimes stick with 1 paper line and color scheme for continuity. I find this can help speed things along, and it is a great way to use up any scraps of paper as they can go on the next page.

Plan you album. A typical album is 20 pages, I often write down the page numbers and then write down which pics will go on which page. Take into account that page 1 is the cover, then write down 2-3, 4-5, etc. If you are doing a double LO, by planning it this way it means you will have 11 LO's to do, 9 double-page LO's and 2 single page LO's as the title page & end page. To me, thinking of it as 11 LO's does not seem as daunting as 20 pages!Don't be afraid to remove a sleeve from an album if you do not have enough pictures!

Since you have been friends for so long I would probably do it in chronological order. Include anything meaningful you have been thru together - ticket stubs, travel documents, etc. I once did a LO about my best friend and I took my high school year books to a local photocopy shop. I had them photocopy the messages she had written to me in my year book and used the photocopies as a background paper! It turned out really neat, it was personal & meaningful.

Nut4DW
08-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Thanks for your advice - it helps a lot. I think you are right about going in chronological order - should make it fun. I can start with when we were born - two days apart in the same hospital. And you are definately right about getting started on it right away because time will pass quickly.

Thanks again for the help - I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Caroleh
08-24-2008, 07:38 PM
This has nothing to do with the challenge, but I decided to try digital scrapbooking and here's my very first page (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2665913140093439642dOHKsV)!!!

Flower
08-25-2008, 07:31 AM
This has nothing to do with the challenge, but I decided to try digital scrapbooking and here's my very first page (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2665913140093439642dOHKsV)!!!

Looks great Carol!

Flower
08-25-2008, 07:33 AM
Thanks for your advice - it helps a lot. I think you are right about going in chronological order - should make it fun. I can start with when we were born - two days apart in the same hospital. And you are definately right about getting started on it right away because time will pass quickly.

Thanks again for the help - I'll keep you posted on the progress.

I meant to email you - I received an email from a local scrapbook store (LSS), the silhouettes are on sale for $260 Cdn - so they may on sale in the US as well! That is over $100 off!

Caroleh
08-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Here's another digital layout (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2240657030093439642LvSsbe)!!!

Flower
08-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Looks great Carol!!!

Are you converting to digi on me???

What program are you using?

Have you ever been the scrap store in Stevensville near Niagara Falls? I just booked a wknd at Great Wolf Lodge and am wondering if it is worth going to?

Caroleh
08-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Are you converting to digi on me???

What program are you using?

Have you ever been the scrap store in Stevensville near Niagara Falls? I just booked a wknd at Great Wolf Lodge and am wondering if it is worth going to?

I can't go completely, digi...to much $$$ invested in everything else. I have Photo Shop Elements. I got it to play with my photos that I print out for my scrapbooking.

I haven't been there, are they open on Sunday's? I see a roadtrip in the future!!

Flower
09-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Here it is, September 1st and I almost forgot the September challenge!!!

Carol mentioned a while ago about needing incentive to do the parks, so here it is....PICK A PARK!!!!! If you are feeling really enthusiastic, you can pick ALL FOUR PARKS!!!!! There will be bonus points in it for you!:number1: (Yah right....like anyone is keeping track of points!);)

BronxTigger
09-01-2008, 11:23 AM
I cannot believe it is SEPTEMBER already.

WHERE has the year gone? And to think I didn't srapbook at all over summer. I've only done ONE challenge this year.

Haha, I think I have a New Year's Resolution in the works!

Flower
09-01-2008, 11:42 AM
I cannot believe it is SEPTEMBER already.

WHERE has the year gone? And to think I didn't srapbook at all over summer. I've only done ONE challenge this year.

Haha, I think I have a New Year's Resolution in the works!

Ahhh...but there will be new challenges for 2009!!!

Actually, I am guilty...I have almost finished a lot of the layouts, but still need the finishing touches on a few (mostly journaling). I have not started the resort challenge and I now have Septembers to work on. Once I finish all of the little things I PROMISE to post them! It will be easier when Brandon starts school after this week, Benjamin still naps so I will get a few hours in the afternoon to myself - after I clean the house and such (Never ends!)

Caroleh
09-01-2008, 09:04 PM
I wish I had time to finish my scrapbook, but now I have too much sewing to do. Luckily I finished my dress today, now I have to my grandniece's Christening dress, and Cinderella costume for her big sister for Halloween and my costume for my October trip....geesh does this ever end?

ElenitaB
09-04-2008, 01:31 AM
Why, oh why, do I get involved with scrapping when I should be getting ready for tomorrow (Ben's first day back at school) or getting a good night's sleep???

But who can resist a new challenge? :blush: So here's my first layout for this month's challenge: EPCOT (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/365356785_scDXz-X2.jpg). This will be part of my September 04 scrapbook, in 8x8 format (it's the denim album with embroidered flowers). It was our first stay at Boardwalk Villas and was "marked" by Hurricane Frances (which had the parks closed and us esconced in our room for almost three days).

Flower
10-06-2008, 02:49 PM
So sorry I am late - we have been away....

Since it is October & fall & Halloween are upon us, let's do Villains & Hauntings....This could could your fav Villain sighting (I think a pirate could count as a Villain too), anything from Fantasmic!, The Haunted Mansion, to Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party & the fall decor around the parks.

Have fun with it!