PDA

View Full Version : DVC wannabe with some DVC reservation questions

SAHDad
01-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Okay, so we're not going to do the DVC for a while - I am trying to convince the wife that it should be put ahead of the kitchen remodel, instead of the other way 'round, but that's neither here nor there.

My FIL/MIL have said that my wife and I can use some of their points for our tenth anniversary next year. (And, as an added plus - they'll watch our kids. I have the kewlest in-laws. Anyway, I digress.) How soon before our trip can we make reservations for the home resort (WLV). We are thinking early January (before the marathon weekend), so I seem to recall that we can make the reservations 11 months prior.

Second, we were thinking about switching from WLV to Boardwalk. We could do that at the 7 month mark, right? How likely is it that, for an early January date, we could switch from the home resort?

(We just got back a couple weeks ago, and are looking forward to our next trip already.)

lockedoutlogic
01-29-2008, 02:47 PM
you can make the ressie 11 months out of the date of your projected checkout...so that would be in february

And i don't think it would be any problem to switch to Boardwalk at the 7 month window....you will probably get it right off the start...but would most definitely get it if you go on the waitlist

Tell your wife it's not the amount of use you get out of a thing...it's the "quality" that counts

you get "quantity" out of the kitchen..."quality" out of the timeshare