PDA

View Full Version : Play Four Days Tickets

disneytime
01-29-2008, 02:11 PM
I was wondering they are offering the tickets untill February. Can you buy them in February and use them in March & April? I think I know the answer but I want to be sure. :mickey:

Thanks

baby minnie's mommy
01-29-2008, 03:21 PM
They are good 6 months from first use, unless you buy a no-expiration option. The Disney website doesn't say you have to start using them in Feb., just that you have to purchase them by Feb. 29. If you hit "Buy Tickets" to go to the purchase site, they have the 6-month info listed. :thumbsup:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-29-2008, 11:30 PM
My friends just bought some and asked this same question because they weren't sure when they were going to use them and they said as long as they were purchased before Feb 29 they were a-ok!

Cinderelley
01-30-2008, 11:37 AM
What is this? I went to the website and couldn't find any info about it.

disneymom15
01-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Yesterday I saw a post, (it said something like)
about play 4? Not sure on the wording. Does anyone know anything about this?

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Florida Resident Play 4 Days Pass...

They have the Play 3 day pass for $125... but until Feb 29th, Fla Res can get a 4 Day Pass for the same price...

disneymom15
01-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks for clarifing.

snerd475
01-30-2008, 01:43 PM
If I purchase the 4 day (or any multi-day pass) with the no expiration option, what happens when my daughter turns 10 in August? I know you have to specify the age of the child, and the categories are 3-9 and 10 and up.

I'm guessing, since it's the same price, it won't matter, but I wanted to make sure.

What about an AP when the child changes from 9 to 10 in the middle of the year?

Thanks for your help!

Carol
01-31-2008, 07:27 AM
Here is the press release from Disney:

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Florida residents whose dream is to save money on Disney theme park visits can have it come true in early 2008. Walt Disney World Resort has kicked off the new year with a limited-time special offer that saves guests more than 20 percent off the price of a Florida Resident Disney Play 4 Days Pass -- a ticket that is a good deal even when normally priced.

During January and February, Floridians can purchase a Play 4 Days Pass for $125 plus tax (the pass costs $105 plus tax for children ages 3-9). Then, for six months from first use, they can visit a Disney theme park on any four days. On each day of use, the guest can choose to visit either Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Animal Kingdom or Disney's Hollywood Studios.

"What better way to begin 2008 than to give Florida residents a special ticket to come enjoy the kickoff of the 'Year of a Million Dreams' celebration," said Jim Alessandro, senior vice president of marketing at Walt Disney World Resort. "And with new entertainment premiering throughout the spring and into the summer, this pass can become Floridians' ticket to be among the first to experience our new fun."

The special price is available through Feb. 29. Thereafter, the Florida Resident Play 4 Days Pass will be $159 -- still less than $40 a day to enjoy a Disney theme park experience.

The Disney Play 4 Days Pass is available for purchase by calling 407/WDW-4DAYS (939-4329). Florida Resident tickets are also available at Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows and Resort hotel locations, Florida AAA offices and Florida Disney Stores. Proof of Florida residency is required.

Cinderelley
01-31-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll let my brother-in-law know this weekend so that he can come down and visit us for a few days while we're there.

BirdsOfPreyDave
01-31-2008, 08:11 PM
If I purchase the 4 day (or any multi-day pass) with the no expiration option, what happens when my daughter turns 10 in August? I know you have to specify the age of the child, and the categories are 3-9 and 10 and up.

I'm guessing, since it's the same price, it won't matter, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks for your help!Disney bases the ticket on the age of the child on the first day the ticket is used. If the child is 9 on that first day, they may continue to use the ticket until it has expired. (For a ticket with the non-expiring option, they can continue to use it until all the admissions have been used - even if that means they're still using it when they're in their 40's.) If the ticket has been used, Disney doesn't penalize you when your kids grow older.

The exception to this is if you buy the ticket when they're 9, but don't use it for the first time until after they've turned 10. In this case,
you should technically upgrade the ticket to an adult ticket before it is used. You can do this at any ticket window. The upgrade price will be the difference between the adult and child ticket.

snerd475
01-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks for that info, Dave! I think I just might have to get in on the FL resident deal they have until 2/29.

I appreciate your help! :mickey:

magicofdisney
02-01-2008, 10:34 AM

Thanks for your help!
We just bought APs in November and my oldest son is 9. He'll turn 10 in a couple of days. Like a previous poster stated, I don't need to do anything. He can continue to use that ticket until it expires. :mickey: