PDA

View Full Version : CRT $$$$$ Question

jrpersinger
01-29-2008, 12:55 PM
How much should CRT breakfast cost in June?

We are being charged the Holiday rate of $36.99 per adult and whatever the kid rate is. My friend just got the bill for it in the mail. Shouldn't it be regular rate?

TIA!

lockedoutlogic
01-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Father's Day?

third weekend in June?

I doubt it's for Flag Day:blush:

Jared
01-29-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure why you were charged the holiday rate for a breakfast in June. I thought the price increase was only for meals near Thanksgiving and Christmas. Have you called Disney and asked?

jrpersinger
01-29-2008, 01:14 PM
Nope! LOL

I don't understand. We go there the same time every year and never paid holiday pay before???? :confused: And if we were being charged holiday rate there, wouldn't we be charged holiday rate everywhere else we are having TS?

She said when she booked, the CM told her the price but she didn't realize it was holiday price. And the CM didn't mention it. Everywhere I have looked says that holiday prices stop Jan 5 and don't pick back up till Nov.

BTW: its the last week of June, if that makes any difference. We booked on 12/25. Wonder if that makes a difference.

jrpersinger
01-29-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure why you were charged the holiday rate for a breakfast in June. I thought the price increase was only for meals near Thanksgiving and Christmas. Have you called Disney and asked?

I just called myself and asked as a general question since I didn't have the con #. (got threw right away too, surprising!) They said depending on where you are eating they have holiday rates from May 25 - July 5. But not all resturants will go on that rate. Humm.... weird! Never heard that before.....

DizneyRox
01-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Correct, they consider that the Memorial Day Holiday months. Character meals have a holiday surcharge.

I find it strange that poeple don't like it...

lockedoutlogic
01-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Correct, they consider that the Memorial Day Holiday months. Character meals have a holiday surcharge.

I find it strange that poeple don't like it...

wow...didn't even realize that memorial day lasted all month.....

do they have gladiatorial games, bread and circuses as well?

jrpersinger
01-29-2008, 04:37 PM
The CM I talked to (very friendly, very helpful), who also had no idea that the charges changed during that time, said she talked to the supervisor (also very friendly and very helpful) in Customer Service. They call it the Childrens Summer Holiday Period. Not sure why it wouldn't extend past July 5 if that was the case, but whatever! Just found it really odd since it was never the case before.

And even more strange is that none of my other Character Meals (LTT, 1900 Park Fare, Ohana and Donalds Safari) are listed at a Holiday Rate. But our dinner at 50's Prime Time is. She and the super even checked. They were both surprised at the broad difference. But they both stressed that "prices are subject to change."

Jared
01-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Is this a new policy? I never remember the restaurant prices changing in the summer. Perhaps Disney created this summer holiday period this year?

jrpersinger
01-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Is this a new policy? I never remember the restaurant prices changing in the summer. Perhaps Disney created this summer holiday period this year?

Jared, its new enough that there were supervisors who didn't know it was going on. I asked when it started and they weren't able to find out that info. But they said it had to have been very recently. I was actually still on the phone with them when I posted that I had called. I was doing a real-time reply! ;)

And like I said before, we go the same time every year. Infact, we are going to CRT on the same date as last year and I still have the bill from it (I keep all billing statements for atleast year for all my bills) and we were NOT billed Holiday Rate.