PDA

View Full Version : Epcot EMH ? and Itinerary help

bouncer
01-29-2008, 10:15 AM
On Feb 8 Epcot has PM EMH. We arrive at dinnertime and the plan was to head over to catch Illuminations. How long will Epcot be open following Illuminations? We are only at WDW from 8th-11th. This was my plan till I heard about :cheer: and how parks have been extraordinarily packed (I am very worried now:faint:):

Friday PM: Illuminations - hadn't planned on catching many, if any rides but could if time & energy affords it.
Sat: DHS, Nap for DS, P&P :party:
Sun: Char Breakfast Ohana 7:30 DS :birthday:, AK, Epcot
Monday: depart 9 am

Like to know if this will be workable due to cheerleaders. At DHS & AK we only spend a couple of hours to get DS faves in and take off to rest. Other issue is we are taking my Mom for first time. She does not like roller coasters so that will save us some time as well but I want to make sure to take her to the must sees. Sunday is also PM EMH at MK we could go there or just catch Wishes from the hotel..I love that.

Other option Sun: Ohana's, Epcot, AK (I am also considering skipping AK)

I've gone into panic mode- 10 days to go!!!!:help::dizzy:

MOJoe
01-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Last June we went to evening EMH at Epcot. I was surprised that the crowds were rather light compared to MK EMH. Soarin, i believe had about a 30 minute wait after 10 p.m. Compare that to 45 minutes or more for Peter Pan after 11! So i would suggest being rested and ready to hit as much as possible at Epcot your first night. Maybe those cheerleaders will need their beauty sleep.
Oh, Epcot and selected attractions will be open till midnight.

jenfriend
01-31-2008, 11:45 PM
We enjoyed the EMH on 1/18. Lines weren't all that long even though it was the beginning of MLK Weekend. Soarin' was busy right at the beginning of the EMH. You may want to hit a few other things before going over to the Land Pavilion. Figment in the Imagination Pavilion is nearby. Nemo in Seas Pavilion is also nearby. Test Track in Futureworld is also a must do. In the World Showcase area, Norway and Mexico have their boat rides. Kidcot Activity Stations are open later on EMH night.

I don't blame you for skipping AK. It was our least favorite park of the 4. We didn't get there on this trip.

DHS - My must see/dos keeping your multi generational group in mind would be: Beauty and the Beast, Fantasmic (get there 30-60 mins. early; grab dinner to go outside or inside the ampitheatre & eat while you save your seat), HS Musical Pep Fest, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Playhouse Live, Honey Shrunk Playlot (has a large CS w/ drinks/snacks), The Great Movie Ride. Decent meal w/ kid-oriented entertainment at the Hollywood & Vine Character Breakfast or Lunch (has characters from JoJo's Circus & Little Einsteins & singing & dancing for kids). We liked the food at ABC Commissary. Lots of opportunities for photos with characters like Shrek, Kim Possible, Cars, etc. If this is the only park you see on one day, you'll have time for a break in/out of the park. One idea: Go to AK in morning & DHS in the afternoon/evening.

Have a great trip!