PDA

View Full Version : Midwest weather, gotta love it...

Marker
01-29-2008, 06:07 AM
I'm just sayin', it's almost 60 out right now. I had the roof open on my car on the way in this morning. However, by later this morning, just a few short hours away, it's suppose to be snowin' and blowin' with possible wind chills of -5 or so.

They tease us with spring, then yank it out from under us. As I said, midwest weather, gotta love it. Or not.

IloveJack
01-29-2008, 07:00 AM
It's like that here. Yesterday it was 60, today it'll be 58, and then freezing tonight. This is not Feb. weather. No wonder so many of my students are out sick!

Marker
01-29-2008, 07:51 AM
This is not Feb. weather.

Around here I'd probably say this is pretty much February weather. Give you a short teaser day, followed by a sudden return to reality. But it seems like we typically get a day or 2 of mild weather this time of year.

Itchy
01-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Well! as they say from the St Louis area " If you dont like the weather stick around a few minutes and it will change.

DW in 10 days:cloud9:

disneydrmr
01-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Well! as they say from the St Louis area " If you dont like the weather stick around a few minutes and it will change.

We say that in Ohio too! In fact, "if you have switched from heat to a/c back to heat again.. all in the same day.. you definitly live in Ohio!" :D

Today it's in the 50's.. rainy all day... later tonight high winds (50+ miles per hour) dropping into the 20's and then turning to snow. (threat of thunderstorms and tornados even!) Yep! Gotta love living in the midwest!

Marker
01-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Ok, this is about 4 hours after my original post. As I said, it was almost 60 on the way in.

If I look at the north side of town now, it's 14, with a -6 wind chill, and 98% humidity.

Now that's quite a change. Look out St. Louis, and Ohio, it's probably coming your way.

MicMouse
01-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Its in the upper 40s here south of Chicago, but will drop into the single digits by tonight. This weather is nuts!

I always liked the saying about Chicago - we have two seasons, winter and construction! :mickey:

MaryPoppinsFan
01-29-2008, 02:45 PM
I'm in Michigan and it was 48 this morning, it's dropping slowly with a possibility of 1-2 inches of snow tonight. I was looking ahead and they are saying possibility of significant snow on Friday, which is the opening round of my son's grade school basketball tourney.:basket: :trophy: I hope it holds off till Saturday for that one!

laprana
01-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Yep! I'm in SW Illinois, near St. Louis, and this morning it was about 65 degrees, sunny, and super windy. Within about an hour this afternoon, the temperature dropped about 20 degrees and it started raining, then sleeting, and now it's snowing! Crazy! :snowball: