PDA

View Full Version : CMs that have made a special impression

positive0negative
01-28-2008, 11:37 PM
This last trip I took over the weekend I went on CoP for the first time in a long, long time.
It was late, people were sort of starting to lag, and one of the scenes ends with the host saying "C'mon everyone, let's sing our song.." and it breaks into song..a few people mumble along..
One of the CMs comes over the PA and says "you're not singiiing!"
It gave everyone a good laugh and definitely got us singing at least for a little while.

Any other memories anyone has to share of CMs that have made a much-needed joke or otherwise lifted spirits? :thumbsup:

Mickey 101
01-29-2008, 01:46 AM
We had the best CM ever on JC last time we were at WDW. It was nighttime which is the best time of day for that ride anyway. I think the CM's name was Zach and he was so hilarious that we all thought he could seriously do standup. You probably had to be there, but one of his many jokes was, "Here we learn the first law of the jungle.......don't be a zebra." We repeat that often when we need a laugh. :D

Bri
01-29-2008, 12:12 PM
We had a great CM named Mathew Arter for the Keys to the Kingdom tour. He was awesome! He was very interesting and gave us great information that we would have never known. I would def recommend him if you ever do that tour.

#1donaldfan
01-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Our first time there with our kids, CM's on the street waiting for the parade (MK), came over and grabbed our kids to throw football, I thought that was the coolest ever, even though it happens all the time, but I just never paid attention to it before. Plus, the same year a manager in the store getting off of MS asked my two youngest to present a certificate and badge to another CM who was, that day, celebrating her 1st year as a CM....our kids got a very nice certificate as well........there are so many nice CM's, from A to Z.....they just all make the magic..........:mickey:

Rayadragon
01-29-2008, 12:38 PM
This happened a while ago and I wasn't smart enough to get the CM's name. My (multi-disabled) brother and I decided to stay later than my parents one day to catch a few more rides. The last one we went on was Splash Mountain. Afterwards, I stopped by the bathroom since I knew there'd be a wait for the buses, and I had my brother wait on a nearby bench. When I came out, a CM was sitting next to him and they were chatting away. He may have been there just to make sure we were leaving, but it means a lot to me when people put forth the effort to talk with my brother since he has speech difficulties. It was also nice to know that he was being looked out for, even if it was just for a bit.

ncscgirl2005
01-29-2008, 01:06 PM
CW Awilda (don't remember her last name) made our very first family Disney vacation this summer one to remember for years to come. We were able to open MK and she made everything even more special for us. She was geniunely nice and thoughtful. After leaving the train platform we went and found her at the entrances and gave her a big hug.

IloveDisney71
01-29-2008, 02:04 PM
I can't say enough about the wonderful service that Barry B. provided for us at LeCellier. He was TERRIFIC!!! He was so helpful with menu questions, he was quick with the re-fills, and quick to remove empty glasses/plates, but he didn't hover and make us feel rushed. He was so cute because he ended almost every sentence with, "okay". Ex.'s: "Let me just get that plate, okay." & "So you want that steak cooked medium, okay." He had a great sense of humor and made our party of 8 feel like we were his first priority! He is the best server I've ever had at any Disney restaurant ever, and I've visited over 20 times!

ltam16
01-29-2008, 02:17 PM
We never did get her name...
2 years ago we were entering the living seas and the wheel of my fil's wheelchair fell off. It was a non Disney rental. A CM came over immediately, got us a Disney rental, and had the broken one sent to Pop so we could have it replaced by the rental company. We did not even ask for help--she just saw what happened and did it all. It was fabulous! It turned what could have been a nightmare into something very pleasant!

Belle619
01-29-2008, 03:28 PM
We loved this CM named Mary, an older woman that was working in the gift shop outside of IASW at Disneyland. We were the only ones in the store and she was just so pleasant to talk to. She asked us who we were buying souvenirs for - and one was for our puppy - it was a little crown with red gemstones. She laughed and told us that we weren't the first to buy that for a pet! She then asked if we had a picture of her (which, of course, we did) and we went on to talk for some time. She was just such an engaging person - like a grandmother figure - who truly seemed to enjoy what she did.

Kenny1113
01-29-2008, 04:29 PM
I have two...One mousekeeping lady who was bring us our bedrails while at FW cabins, she stated that all of the ohter ones looked nasty and was searching for a good one. It took a while for us to rec the rails but they looked almost brand new!!! Next was in May of '07 I mentioned this an another post, at pinnocchio village haus one of the CM took the time out to sword fight with my DS6 and his Best friend, with the swords they had purchased in the parks. They had so much fun runnign around the empty resturant. He kept telling me how he wanted to go back to disney to play with that CM

Hayden's Dad
01-30-2008, 09:37 AM
We have had several that were wonderful, but one that sticks out the most is Carolyn from the Judge's Tent in Toontown. We had gone in to see the characters (Big surprise right?) and we asked one of the CM's where the Handicapped entrance was. He turned to Carolyn who was standing beside him and she smiled and said sure come with me. She took us along the back way through the hall where you exit after seeing the characters and asked us to wait by the rope and we would be going in to see the Princesses with the next group. Shortly she came back and we scooted in the back of the next group. We even got a group picture with Cinderella, Belle, and Aurora since we were the last ones in the room they also added to his kiss collection (8 lip marks all over his little face in all). Carolyn then asked if we wanted to see the others and of course we did. While we were going back around to the rope she asked if Hayden's favorite character was Peter Pan (He was currently dressed like Peter :blush:) We said no that Mickey was actually his favorite. We then got to see Pluto, Minnie, and Goofy and after that room she asked if we wanted to go see Mickey. We said of course and off we went to his house. Along the way Anastasia and Drizella were coming down the hall and interacting with the guests, but not stopping for autographs or pictures. She grabbed one of the CM's with them and they came back and we got both pictures and autographs (although they were not happy about the Princess Kisses. "Ours are much better" said Drizella) Then she whisked us over to Mickey's and took us to another entrance and when she came back she told us we had a private room with Mickey! We spent a good while in there with the Mouse and as we were getting ready to leave Carolyn handed me a stuffed Mickey Mouse and told me that Mickey wanted Hayden to have it. My DW and I about broke down in tears. When we left we had Caroly sign Hayden's autograph book and thanked her profusely. That was real Disney Magic and something we will always treasure.:mickey:

scootch713
01-30-2008, 10:38 AM
I take my daughters by myself to the world(dh teaches and could only go over summer or holiday and he is not an amusement park kinda person anyhow). We had seen the family fun parade and my girls were dying to get in it. So we lined up like a half hour before(the only ones as they usually just grab people as they are walking thru). A CM and I started talking, I believe her name was Pat from Ky. My niece who had cancer had left the day before and Pat's sister had cancer, so we had an emotional talk. There I was the tourist with both a camcorder and large camera around my neck. The CM asks to take my camcorder and she recorded us throughout the parade.... now it is a bit hidious me pom-poming my way down main street... :) but it is the most treasured video. MY husband LOVED it and my girls and I watch it over and over. I tried this year to find "Pat".. but didn't. :( I would have loved to thank her(and also tell her my niece passed away three months after our trip)....

sneezyone
01-31-2008, 01:53 PM
the chef at the Liberty tree inn was awesome! I am allergic to chicken...especially chicken fat. I wanted the turkey dinner but wanted to ask about the gravy (most places use chicken fat to thicken gravy making it a BIG no no for me)

He came out found out about my allergy and made me an entire gravy boat fresh with just the turkey "juice". He also made me fresh mashed potatoes because they put chicken broth in them.

It was so magical. It's been YEARS since I could have gravy (imagine mashed potatoes without it) and I used the ENTIRE gravy boat full...

It was so super, I could have cried! ok i did...

JerseyMouse
01-31-2008, 02:24 PM
I really don't have one memory that sticks out, it was just great reading some of the posts, and it they all remind me of just why it is we love WDW to begin with!

If I had to choose a moment, it would probably be the year I was experiencing gallbladder attacks, and had to call down to the front desk to see if I could get some relief..maybe sprite or something. Ken was his name, and he was more than kind in opening up the gift shop for me at 3 am!!

DizneeFan13
01-31-2008, 05:48 PM
I just got back today from my families 1st trip to WDW :mickey: (we have had many trips to DL in the past). We were actually suprised to find many CMs who were to busy having personal conversations or on the phone to help the guests :(, granted on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday the customer service was much better. But two really stood out in my mind.

First, we were at MK during the EMH on Sunday, and we just gotten on the JC. The boat captain was talking about how he liked not having to drive the boat and DW and I were looking at each other like "what?" and he asked if there were any volunteers that might like to drive the boat for him, my DS (age 3) raised his and and was picked. The captain had him stand at the wheel and "steer" during the cruise and even let him wear his hat. He was so excited, it was really cute:blush:.

Second, on PoTC, there was a CM who was at the disembark station who was singing pirate songs very loudly when ever the boats pulled up. After the first (of 3 straight) trips, my wife was talking to him, because he was so good and he noticed my DS (age 7) was so excited and wanted to go again. After we got off the second time and were passing by, the CM jumped out from behind the podium with a sword and "attacked" DS. You would have thought that he just won the lottery. He thought that was the best ever:number1:. He talked about it all the way home.

thejens
01-31-2008, 11:03 PM
The CM who stands out to me seemed to come out of nowhere and vanish like Tinkerbell sprinkling pixie dust so I did not catch the name. My 3 year old, Zac, had had his hair done in the barber shop in MK and was disappointed when the "mickey mouse glitter washed out while he played and splashed in Donald Ducks water play area. At the time I pretended to save some, but they were actually very painty and unsalvageable. When we were leaving the park my Mom and I noticed some mickey glitter on the ground and surrepticiously tried to collect it. Now it is challenging to pick up little tiny pieces of trodden upon confetti from the pavement! Suddenly a CM poured a heaping handful of confetti into our hands, smiled and disappeared. I still have "Zac's" Mickey Mouse glitter in a jar to remind us of the magic.

trublueeyore
02-01-2008, 10:19 AM
We had the best experience with a CM last June. My DD6 was wearing her birthday button and we were going into the American Pavillion at Epcot. A CM walked up to her and told her she had a phone call. We followed him to a hidden phone and Goofy was on the line and wished her a Happy Birthday. Plus she got a certifcate. She was on cloud nine for hours afterword!:cloud9:

FaithTrustPixieDust
02-01-2008, 11:14 AM
CM Loren (or Lorne?) also a member of the Dream Squad . . . We were lucky winners of Dream Fast Passes at AK. This was special enough in itself. After the rest of the Dream Squad went off to their next assignment, Loren told his Squad Buddies that he wanted to stay and hang with us for a while (as if he sensed we were supercool and extra fun people). He helped us look for Hidden Mickeys in the mural, answered questions about Life as a Cast Member, and even gave us VIP seats for Finding Nemo (which was amazing).

It was a very special day, and Loren made us all feel like VIP Guests!! We took a picture of him with our group so we would always remember him. :mickey:

SignguyTom
02-01-2008, 11:20 AM
We went to the Hoop Dee Doo dinner show a couple years ago. Before being seated, they lined everyone up to take pictures, then during dinner, came by the tables with the pics and you could either buy them or not. Well, we did.

We'd also planned to hit MK for EMH after the HDD show so, figuring it would work like purchasing a ride pic, we requested that the pics be sent to our resort so we wouldn't risk losing/damaging them at MK. Well, this was not possible since Kodak was running the pics, so they couldn't be sent to the resort.

Sandy, our most excellent server, overheard the conversation and said that it would be late, but she'd be willing to drop them off at the resort for us since she had to go right by it on her way home. I left her a nice tip and our pics were at the POR front dest the next morning.

KUDOS! :thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
02-01-2008, 12:57 PM
. . . A CM walked up to her and told her she had a phone call. We followed him to a hidden phone and Goofy was on the line and wished her a Happy Birthday . . .

1) Sweet.
2) There are secret numbers to call from any phone.
3) Different characters wish the guest
. . . Happy Honeymoon
. . . Happy Anniversary
. . . Happy Wedding
. . . Happy Birthday

Fangorn
02-01-2008, 06:38 PM
The most memorable experience for us occurred just this past September. Here's the text of the email I sent to Guest Relations about it.

WDW management,

I want to take the opportunity to make you aware of the fantastic experience our family had at ‘Ohana on Sunday, September 30, 2007, and to praise two of your Cast Members – Patrick McNally and Chef Greg Chase. These two gentlemen went way beyond exceptional and provided, without a doubt, the absolute best Disney experience we have ever had.

A bit of background so you can understand the significance of what Patrick and Greg did.
My wife and I have visited WDW many times in the past 10 years and we’ve experienced the Disney magic before in many small ways. On this trip, we were accompanying our daughter, her husband and his parents. It was the first trip to WDW for our son-in-law’s parents and his second trip. The parents do not go out to dinner much, aren’t particular adventuresome and generally don’t do well with new things. They only agreed to come on the trip if my wife and I would go along to act as tour guides, and right up until they got on the plane they were trying to figure out how to get out of it. They just couldn’t understand the point of going to WDW. They’d been to Disneyland, that was enough.

The trip was a good one. The parents commented that they’d had a really good time and were glad they’d come. They didn’t figure they’d ever come back, but it was a great time. That was before we went to ‘Ohana on our last night. Knowing that they didn’t get out much, we had all along planned on treating everyone to a special dinner. ‘Ohana seemed like the perfect place.

Back to Patrick and Greg

Patrick was our server for the evening and he was wonderful. He was warm, witty, and engaging. He even got the in-laws to participate in the banter (something they never do). We were seated in the perfect table. In the corner, facing the Magic Kingdom. We didn’t realize it, but there was a Halloween Party that night and we were just finishing our meal as the fireworks started. Wonderful. Patrick was amazing as a server – we never lacked for anything, and he provided a fun dialog all evening long. Everyone at the table commented about how much they enjoyed the meal. Not just the food, but Patrick as well. At one point our son-in-law, who had purchased one of those electronic reader board pins at Fantasmic the night before, programmed it to read “Patrick Rocks”. When Patrick saw it, he just beamed and said he needed to borrow it for a minute. Our son-in-law gave it to him and Patrick scampered away.

A couple of minutes later, Chef Greg came storming out of the kitchen and headed toward our table. As he approached, we noticed that he was holding the pin. His first words were “look, Patrick has a big enough ego as it is, we don’t need you feeding it anymore”. We all cracked up! That started a conversation with Chef Greg that went off and on for the rest of the evening. He talked with us about the food, the recipes (which he gave us copies of), the Food and Wine Festival, and of course Patrick. Chef Greg even brought us a trio of non-‘Ohana desserts for us to sample. All the while, Patrick is continuing to meet our every need, and provide more good humor to the conversation.

The net result of all this was that our daughter’s in-laws were absolutely blown away – as were we all. The quote was “this is the best dinner I have ever had. Probably ever will have.” The care, attention and magic that these two guys gave to us, MADE the entire trip. Two weeks later, we’re still talking about the experience.

The Disney Company should be proud to have Patrick McNally and Chef Greg J. Chase as part of the organization. It is cast members like these two that provide the magic of Disney and make people want to return. By the way, the in-laws are now talking about that possibility, and we will be returning in May.

Our thanks to Greg and Patrick for the experience. It may have all been in a night’s work, but they left an indelible memory. Please express our gratitude to them both.

Steve
:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-02-2008, 12:58 AM
Suddenly a CM poured a heaping handful of confetti into our hands, smiled and disappeared. I still have "Zac's" Mickey Mouse glitter in a jar to remind us of the magic.

Was this near the Emporium? Cause this might have been either myself or Teresa, who do the FGIT Magical Moment there and we usually have pixie dust (and both of us are known to throw pixie dust on people).