PDA

View Full Version : Leave a Legacy at EPCOT

Hull-onian
01-28-2008, 06:57 PM
About five years ago we left a Legacy over at EPCOT. Are they still doing it? :thanks:

DisneyLuver91
01-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Yep! I check out the new engravings every time I go! Wish I weren't so cheap, otherwise I'd do it.

me...
01-28-2008, 08:35 PM
As far as I know they stopped selling the leave a legacy at Epcot. -Christie

mgmnut
01-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Just got this off Disney.com

Be inspired by this sweeping sculpture celebrating the promise of tomorrow. This grand artistic statement is made of custom tiles that express Guests' hopes and dreams for the future. It commemorates the dawn of a bright new millennium, a living testament of one generation's legacy to the next.

**Please note that Leave a Legacy tiles are no longer being sold. The Leave a Legacy Locator Station can be found at the Camera Center under Spaceship Earth.

Soul_Power
02-02-2008, 02:52 PM
My boyfriend and I bought one when we were there last summer!

Does anyone know why they aren't being sold anymore?

DizneyRox
02-02-2008, 05:32 PM
My boyfriend and I bought one when we were there last summer!

Does anyone know why they aren't being sold anymore?
The cost of staffing the kiosk and maintaining the equipment has exceeded the profit made when selling them. Honestly, since about 2001, I have never seen a line there, maybe a few poeple here and there, but on 12/31/1999 we waited for like an hour or so to do it.

Rumor is they will be moving these somewhere else on property. I hope they stay at Epcot in some shape, but moving them out of the entrance area is probably a good idea. I think they still have a few years on my contract though before they can. It was 10 years when we bought ours.

DigitalDaredevil
02-05-2008, 03:16 AM
When I got mine, I recall reading a disclaimer that WDW had the right to move it to another location in the park. I'm ok with that.

DizneyRox
02-05-2008, 07:55 AM
When I got mine, I recall reading a disclaimer that WDW had the right to move it to another location in the park. I'm ok with that.

Can I ask when you go yours? Like I said, on our contract I beleive it said 10 years, but that was in 1999. I suspect that after that and the slowdown insales, they changed the contract to give them the ability to move it. But, in my book it won't/can't be moved until at the earliest, 12/31/2009 (although I also suspect that the contract didn't change until well into 2000 or later).

kakn7294
02-05-2008, 08:25 AM
We got one in Sept 2005 and they told us that by contract they couldn't be moved for a few more years yet - 2009 sounds about right. They also told us that even though they have the right to move them, that doesn't mean that they will and if they do, they have to be in a publicly accessable location. Personally, if they're going to move them, I'd like to see something created in the WOL area since that's likely never going to open again. Some sort of garden would be nice if they tear down the building.

TinkRocks
03-02-2008, 02:17 AM
Even though I didn't get a Legacy tile for myself, a good friend of mine got his done - it's become sort of a tradition to visit his tile every time one or both of us have visited Epcot.

If Disney do move the Legacy tiles - I hope they are still displayed somewhere where everyone can enjoy looking at them.

Kairi_7378
03-02-2008, 07:16 AM
Personally, if they're going to move them, I'd like to see something created in the WOL area since that's likely never going to open again. Some sort of garden would be nice if they tear down the building.

I think this would be a perfect place to put the tiles. Many people purchased them to celebrate important life events, to commemorate loved ones, or just preserve the memory of their family in the parks. It would keep the spirit if the Life pavilion in the area, even if the building were gone.

mrsgaribaldi
03-02-2008, 01:02 PM
it's become sort of a tradition to visit his tile every time one or both of us have visited Epcot.

The first thing we do in Epcot is go to look at our tile. We got it as part of a package, it was what we chose. I love to see it. I feel like we are always there in spirit anyway;)

dumbo ears
03-02-2008, 01:15 PM
They arent selling them any more and I think that they are gonna take them out of epcot within the next couple of years