PDA

View Full Version : Just Received Discount on our Next Vacation!

purplestarlisa
01-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just received a 30% off discount via e-mail for our vacation at Disney in November. Yippee for us - Kathy at Magical Journeys was on it as soon as I sent it to her and we saved over $500...

But, I wanted to let everyone know that I received it because, I think, I ordered the Vacation Planning DVD. It says in the e-mail that my DVD is on the way. Anyway, it was a 30% discount for a variety of dates...

So, if you want a discount, it may pay off to order the free DVD (which I order just to watch over and over again...).

:party:

Norwellian
01-28-2008, 06:57 PM
I also got the same thing, but in the mail.

Melissa at MJ got us a great savings for our December stay at the Poly. I hate to admit it, but instead of keeping the savings, we added several days. :cloud9:

Melissa, if you're listening, we think you are :number1: number 1.

Laura B

BMan62
01-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Are there September dates available in the offer you received?

Norwellian
01-28-2008, 07:49 PM
The only two dates in Sept were Sept 1st and 2nd.

Laura B

purplestarlisa
01-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Yes - there are dates in September: 8/10 - 9/27.

biodtl
01-28-2008, 09:06 PM
I got a similar email saying the dvd was on the way, but my offer was only for 20%. I'd gladly take it if it fit my schedule, but it wasn't available during our stay (oct 4-12) and I can't change to the only avaible Oct date, since I have a work commitment then.

Catzle
01-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Was there any dates for May?

magicjasb
01-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Any dates in June? Is there a code?

#1donaldfan
01-28-2008, 09:54 PM
We got ours too.....we got 40%......and love every single percent of it.....I called as soon as I saw it and it equated to very much joy.....thanks a million Disney!!!!:thumbsup:

laughingplace<3
01-28-2008, 11:42 PM
How come I haven't heard about this! :mad: Has everyone who says they have recieved the discount ordered the vacation planning kit, or did it just come in the mail?

SheLovesDisney
01-29-2008, 09:20 AM
We received our 40% discount in the regular mail and used it for rooms at the Poly in Aug. Thanks Melissa and Magical Journeys!!!:thumbsup:

katzctkpt
01-29-2008, 09:32 AM
We love watching the DVD too and have just ordered ours for 2008. One questions is different than 2007? The one for 2005 & 2006 were the same.

MNNHFLTX
01-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Any dates in June? Is there a code?Any PIN or code would be attached to the person the mailing was sent to and so would not be transferrable.:mickey:

elmjimmlm
01-29-2008, 10:19 AM
We got ours too.....we got 40%......and love every single percent of it.....I called as soon as I saw it and it equated to very much joy.....thanks a million Disney!!!!:thumbsup:

Dont rub it in:(

crazeedizneefinatic
01-29-2008, 02:31 PM
congrats to all who have received those offers, I'm jealous, lol! I wonder how Disney picks and chooses who gets the discounts?? In all the years we have been going and the countless trips and mailing lists and website signups we have never received any correspondance from Disney, except of course our travel documents. I wonder how it works? We just ordered our planning DVD also so maybe, just maybe. Our trip for September is already paid for but boy it would be nice to spend that tax rebate (if we get it?!) on a quick getaway.

A Mouse Fan
01-29-2008, 02:33 PM
I received one in the mail yesterday for 20% off of value resorts. Well we are planning on staying at the WL in November....does anyone know if you can use this for Deluxe resorts also? AND is the discount any different than like AAA since I think AAA is about 20% off??

Catzle
01-29-2008, 03:54 PM
I was asking if there were any May pin codes just so if there weren't any I wouldn't be so disappointed that others had gotten one and I didn't.
I know some previous posters mentioned that there weren't any for May that they had received but it seems they are still doing mailings.
I would never try and use someone else's pin code.

disneyjo-91
01-29-2008, 06:40 PM
I am so depressed I didnt get the discount :confused:
I called and called to see if some way some how they over looked me and I had a pin...

So I called and they had 5 files in the computer for me?? so they checked all 5 and guess what?

NO PIN :thedolls:

How depressing to think.. In Aug I could have been at the poly....

I am going to go cry now LOL! :mickey:

#1donaldfan
01-29-2008, 09:39 PM
For all of you that have said you haven't rec'd a pin yet, my sister called and they told her the mailings and emails are still coming, so I wouldn't "pack it in" just yet, there's still hope, unless your checking in tomorrow........This year is only the second time out of many that we've rec'd a discount......I am very thankful.

disneyjo-91
01-29-2008, 09:42 PM
For all of you that have said you haven't rec'd a pin yet, my sister called and they told her the mailings and emails are still coming, so I wouldn't "pack it in" just yet, there's still hope, unless your checking in tomorrow........This year is only the second time out of many that we've rec'd a discount......I am very thankful.

That is great news! I will keep my hopes up!;)

SpecJoe Magic
02-01-2008, 12:24 AM
Are you saying that Disney is randomly sending out mail and e-mail that contains discounts?

Young@Heart
02-01-2008, 12:36 AM
We usually get these in the mail once or twice a year, but nothing yet this year. And we ordered the planning DVD a few weeks ago (still waiting for it).

It would be great to get this soon. We were going to book our August stay this week and I'd hold out if I knew a discount was coming our way. :confused:

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-01-2008, 02:14 PM
The only thing I've received in the mail has been to get 5 nights for the price of 3 in Disneyland. This Oct I'm going to be in a wedding in Orlando so I really need Disney to send me one of these so I can afford to go while I'm there.

Catzle
02-01-2008, 02:21 PM
I'm with you, would love any discount. Just called again to check for a pin under my name. He said no but to not give up, whatever that means. But I will keep my fingers crossed!

Pop Centurion
02-02-2008, 04:35 PM
I usually wait a few months into the year to order my vacation planning dvd but since some of you mentioned getting the code with it, I'm ordering now. 40% would be awesome since we have no idea if they'll do a free dining deal again. Congrats to everyone who got their discount so far.

crazeedizneefinatic
02-02-2008, 10:05 PM
I usually wait a few months into the year to order my vacation planning dvd but since some of you mentioned getting the code with it, I'm ordering now. 40% would be awesome since we have no idea if they'll do a free dining deal again. Congrats to everyone who got their discount so far.

I just received my planning DVD and all it came with was a little booklet no info on a discount what so ever. Nice how they packaged the DVD. I haven't ordered one in years and can remember them coming in large DVD cases, this years was a cardboard mailer and a booklet personalized with you last name.

JPooh
02-04-2008, 10:17 AM
I just receive my email for the 30% off about 15 minutes ago and have contacted MJ for my plans in August.

Jackie

Kerry823
02-04-2008, 10:26 AM
I am hoping for one! I already have a trip planned for April, but a discount for another time period would definitely get me to consider a second trip this year. It would also help me determine if I were to buy regular parkhoppers or an annual pass.
(hint, hint to any Disney employees who have the power to send these emails who may be lurking on this site):thumbsup:

FaithTrustPixieDust
02-04-2008, 10:50 AM
After reading some of your posts in this thread, I got on the phone and called WDW to see about discount offers and PINs. It turns out that they have an old email address for me on file (even though I log in to their site using my current email address). He checked my file and saw no offers on record, but he did update the email address. Just in case I am to receive an offer, I'd hate for it to go unnoticed in my old email account!

JPooh
02-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Well, Deb from MJ just email me and she was able to book me at AKL in August for $1,417.52 for 8 nights a savings of $607 and I was able to book 3 rooms for myself and both of my daughters and their families their will be a total of 9 of us.

The countdown begins.

joonyer
02-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Yesterday we received a brochure in the mail with a pin code offering 40% off at the values, "good for most nights" during five different periods throughout the year, including the 1) 1st week of April; 2)Most of August; 3)the last two weeks of October; 4)the week before Thanksgiving; and 5) Dec 7-17. Unfortunately, none of those periods are during any kind of school break for us, so we won't be able to use this discount. :sob::shake:

CrabbyEeyore
02-05-2008, 10:27 PM
We received ours for 40% off of values today. What is weird is that the flyer in the mail came in my husbands name and he's never signed up for anything Disney. I'm the one that signs up for anything and everything.

Jenemmy
02-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Anyone have an idea as to how often you can order those free planning DVD's?? I just ordered one in December, but it met an untimely demise!!!

Crow
02-06-2008, 09:17 PM
just got my Mickey Monitor today, no postcards w discounts though. ordered the DVD wk ago & I will b at WDW in 3 wks so will see if im offered anything.
guess i will ask when im there if they will give a bounceback

diz_girl
02-07-2008, 02:26 PM
I just ordered my planning DVD. Now I'll just wait and cross my fingers. I'll be at WDW from Nov 30-Dec 6 at WL, but with a 30-40% discount I would want to switch to the GF. I'd just have to persuade the rest of my family to make the switch. We have 3 rooms, one for me and my family, one for my sister and her family and one for my parents. My DH would have no problem with the switch, by my sister might.

kakn7294
02-07-2008, 02:32 PM
I called WDW yesterday and the CM checked but no PIN code with my name. I'm really disappointed and I've given up hope that there's one coming my way. I did however order the planning DVD about a week ago but I don't expect it for a couple more weeks yet. We haven't gotten a PIN code offer in at least 5 or more years.

Mousefan29
02-07-2008, 06:02 PM
What number do you call to check for a PIN in your name?

kakn7294
02-07-2008, 09:37 PM
What number do you call to check for a PIN in your name?I called (407) 939-6244 which is the number on the official website to make a new reservation and just asked the CM who answered if she would check for a PIN code attached to my name in case I missed it or it was lost in transit.

Disney4
02-08-2008, 03:07 PM
I just got my SECOND PIN offer from Disney and it was another package deal!

You would think that they would have a way to not mail AP holders with offers that we don't want :confused:

It would be nice to get a room-only offer since I am going in June . . . .

2Princesses4Us
02-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I just received one as well... are they only for the value resorts, or any resorts?

THANKS

tinksmom02
02-08-2008, 10:56 PM
I went and ordered the planning DVD and lo and behold, a pin code in my email box! 20%...

Last week, a second pin code, another 20%.

Think I can put them together for a fat 40% discount? ;)

Too bad, too, cause the dates look really flexible. But I think DH would divorce me if I even so much as MENTION another trip! :(

daparish
02-09-2008, 03:23 PM
I just received one as well... are they only for the value resorts, or any resorts?

THANKS

I just received yesterday and it was 40% off of Deluxe. I was able to book the Beach Club for $194 per night 12/7 - 12/13. The telephone number on the brochure to call and book is 407-939-7739 if you want to call and ask if you could use for any other resort.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-10-2008, 02:21 PM
I just received yesterday and it was 40% off of Deluxe. I was able to book the Beach Club for $194 per night 12/7 - 12/13. The telephone number on the brochure to call and book is 407-939-7739 if you want to call and ask if you could use for any other resort.

Does it have a code that you have to use?

I have never received anything in the mail for WDW discounts. I got a Disney Reward Visa hoping to get some kind of special discounts and never do. Without some kind of discount I can't afford to go this year.:pout:

Crow
02-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Im going this month by using an AP discount, but splitting the cost.
waiting for a discount pin for a trip I want to take later in the yr.
maybe i should call to see if i have a pin code discount

sainter
02-11-2008, 07:40 AM
Just wondering what is the heading or title of the discount emails you guys have been getting?

rcaide
02-11-2008, 07:45 AM
The one we got was from Disney Destinations and the subject said XXXX Family, your Disney Dream is Here.

Crow
02-12-2008, 10:44 PM
nothing from Disney, but I just got email from Swan/Dolphin w a pretty nice rate for a few diff times this yr.....so mayb if I do go back in Sept I will stay there part of the time

Mickey91
02-13-2008, 12:58 AM
We received ours for 40% off of values today. What is weird is that the flyer in the mail came in my husbands name and he's never signed up for anything Disney. I'm the one that signs up for anything and everything.
I know how you feel. We had a friend that was supposed to go with us one year and didn't. We have since received 2 deals in her name but our address. We can't use them because her name is attached. And we never get them in our name. Frustrating! Go figure!:confused:

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-13-2008, 02:09 PM
I know how you feel. We had a friend that was supposed to go with us one year and didn't. We have since received 2 deals in her name but our address. We can't use them because her name is attached. And we never get them in our name. Frustrating! Go figure!:confused:

Did you ask Disney if you could use them? It only seems like good customer service to do so since it was mailed to your home.

raider97
02-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Usually you can use the discount at any of the Disney hotels as long as the rooms they have set aside for that code haven't all been taken. From what I understand most resorts have some set aside for the codes, but I think the amount they set aside may depend on how popular that resort is and how booked it is for that time period. HTH!!