PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Spring?

Disney-Nut
01-28-2008, 04:59 PM
I just got back two weeks ago and now planning for the next trip and cant decide if i should stay at coronado, carribean, or port orleans. Which one does every one suggest and why.

splashtest
01-28-2008, 05:09 PM
I've stayed at Carribean Beach and Port Orleans. I prefer PO - French Quarter the best. I've heard Coronardo is huge, so the buses take quite sometime. I preferred the atmospere at POFQ over the Carribean Beach. Felt like it had more to offer.

Have Fun:D

sassafras
01-28-2008, 06:48 PM
I love POR! Yet, I've been mulling over the FQ or Coronado Springs for a fall trip-can't decide!

tiaramom
01-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Coronado - has expansive grounds. Very convention oriented- does not feel like Disney at all! Beautiful at night ( breath taking to walk around the lake etc ...) Rooms standard -
the pool is hudge- but not zero entry - misssing the it factor for me. Cool pyramid , but its ok here.

Port Orleans French Quarter- sweet and serene grounds to walk about. Relaxing cruise on the river to dtd. Fun pool- and great big beautifully decorated french ambience to all rooms here.
Buses are tough with both hotels- many stops, at riverside etc .

My vote goes with Port Orleans
Wont do Carribean - too many buses.

grumpypima
01-28-2008, 10:14 PM
We've stayed at the three resorts you are thinking about.

can’t decide if I should stay at Coronado, Caribbean, or Port Orleans

I've always thought that Coronado Springs is my favorite resort. Our family loved the pool, the pool bar, and playground area. On one trip we spent an entire day at the resort. Another post stated that the resort is beautiful at night, and I would agree. It is absolutely beautiful at sunset. The hammocks are very relaxing, as well.

But I have to say, Port Orleans Riverside keeps calling me back for one reason or another. We have a trip scheduled for the end of February at Coronado and I keep trying to talk DH into POR. I'm really surprising myself. It's not that he doesn't like POR, he just wants to try CSR or CBR again. The landscaping at POR is very nice. The pool is good, so is the pool bar area. I love Boatwright’s for breakfast. The food court is okay, too.

I'm probably not helping much. It just funny you posted this, as I'm on the fence about our upcoming trip. I keep finding myself wanting to switch to POR, but I love CSR. It is suppose to be my favorite. What is wrong with me?:confused:

Sorry about that...

Funforall
01-28-2008, 10:45 PM
PO would probably be my choice just because you can use the boat or take a walk to both properties, POFQ and POR.

My kids loved all of the rabbits at Coronado (we've got a strange family).

CrazyStudent
01-29-2008, 01:39 AM
The bus service at Coronado Springs was fine when I stayed there. It is not as close as the other resorts but it's a lovely resort, the Pepper Market is a fun place to eat or get a snack and the Maya Grill food was excellent. And it sure is beautiful there at night. Children will like the beach and pools. It's a wonderful resort.

buzz2001
01-29-2008, 05:54 AM
I recommend CSR because it has the best pool/slide of the mods, best transportation and great food options. It's centrally located so you will have quick rides to all the parks.

lockedoutlogic
01-29-2008, 05:59 AM
Port Oleans (FQ) - Coronado - Port (Riverside) - Caribbean....

in that order

c&d
01-29-2008, 09:45 AM
For me I love Coronado Springs. I loved the food court, the grounds and the main pool site. I also like for a moderate it has a health club and spa. Yes it's a convention resort but when we stayed we never had a problem with people at the meetings. I think it made the buses very empty during the day because they were all at meetings.

My very close second choice would be POR. It's the first resort we stayed in for a period of time and we loved it. Alligator Bayou was our favorite section and I'll always remember when DS was 2 having to go bunny hunting on our way to and from the food court.

My least favorite was POFQ. I just think I'm not into Mardi Gras theme. I also didn't like the food court.

Never stayed at Caribbean so I can't say anything about it.

ThanxForNoticin
01-29-2008, 12:24 PM
For me I love Coronado Springs. I loved the food court, the grounds and the main pool site. I also like for a moderate it has a health club and spa. Yes it's a convention resort but when we stayed we never had a problem with people at the meetings. I think it made the buses very empty during the day because they were all at meetings.

My very close second choice would be POR. It's the first resort we stayed in for a period of time and we loved it. Alligator Bayou was our favorite section and I'll always remember when DS was 2 having to go bunny hunting on our way to and from the food court.

My least favorite was POFQ. I just think I'm not into Mardi Gras theme. I also didn't like the food court.

I agree 100% with c&d, so I won't need to type it all myself!! CSR is a great resort. The Pepper Market is a favorite of ours, and they have a great pool. As far as the resort being so 'spread out', we don't find it to be a problem. In fact CB seems more spreadout to us than CS. Have a great trip wherever you end up staying!

#1donaldfan
01-29-2008, 12:45 PM
POR all the way for us !!!!!! CRS seems so big and poorly schemed.....my sister stayed there once, ONCE......she say's it was about a mile from her room to the pool.......that's all my knowledge of that place......NOW for POR there is no other place I'd rather stay.......it's so laid back, shaded, relaxing.....there are 5 quiet pools, one signature pool with bar and hot tub, play ground for the kids, water to play in with personal water craft, boats to DtD for shopping, and much, much more....The food is great at either the food court or Boatwrights.....it's just the "total" place.:thumbsup:

j4crew
01-29-2008, 02:03 PM
We love CS!! WE stayed there in June 06 and my boys loved the pool with a slide. It is spread out, but the walk is nice!!

We are staying there again in june :mickey:

buzz2001
01-30-2008, 08:15 AM
POR is the same size as CSR and has more rooms. Like any large resort, it all depends on where you are placed. POFQ is the only small resort of all the mods with CBR being the largest.

http://i28.tinypic.com/16abi40.jpg

DisneyDD2
01-30-2008, 12:53 PM
My family stayed at CS this past September and loved it. I, too, was concerned with the comments I read about how large the resort was. It wasn't a problem. It was quite a walk from where we were staying to the Health Club. But since I was going to the Health Club, it was healthy for me to walk. We were close to the main pool, we had a quiet pool outside our room, the bus stop was very close and the buses were very empty. Pepper Market was a treat. And the grounds were beautiful. My DS loved the pool area- it has a waterslide! So, we are big fans of the big resort of CS!

BelleLovesTheBeast
01-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Coronado Springs! I've stayed there 3 times and love it. The resort is beautiful and if you stay on the opposite side from the restaurants it is still within walking distance. The Pepper Market is a great place to get food and refill your drink before (or after going to the parks).

The worst resort I've ever stayed at was Caribbean Beach.....terrible housekeeping, the staff was extremely rude, really long waits for buses and the restaurants were too far to walk to and at least 20 min bus wait to get to.