PDA

View Full Version : Another Shareworthy Trip

*tinker_belle*
01-28-2008, 04:58 PM
This one was sort of another spontaneous trip but spectacular nonetheless. So a week and a half ago i had gone to DLR with 3 co-workers, one of them who is a good friend of mine. She hadn't been to DL in years and had never been to CA. On Saturday i mentioned how bored i was and that we should go to DL. I was slightly kidding but her response was "LETS GO!!" She had really wanted to go back. So our plans were for Sunday but the extended forecast said heavy showers so i just thought we'd go another time. We planned to hang out Sunday regardless.
Well i get out of church and give her a ring and i said how sunny it was getting, there were few clouds and i said that we should just go to DL and that we would have fun and that nobody would be there because of the rain.
So we start the drive up, we got to about Santa Ana and it starts to DOWNPOUR for a good 20 mins. and my friend wanted to turn around and go home right then but we were so close so i suggested we just get there and decide then. We had dressed warmly for the day, though my Ugg boots got ruined and thats my ONLY complaint.
We no sooner get there and hop off the escalator from the parking garage, and the rain completely stops and the sun comes out. Yay!
We ate lunch at Riverbelle, my first time eating there. The barbeque pork sandwich was great, we shared it and the beans were good too.
We were free and clear for a couple hours weather wise until we got off Pirates and it was pouring so we immediately bought an umbrella (we should have brought one with us) and it only really rained for maybe 10 mins and then it stopped and didn't rain the rest of the night, what an answer to prayer!
We nearly walked on to EVERYTHING. Space had a 5 minute wait at 8:00pm. We would have ridden again but didn't want to walk all the way around again. Splash was a walk on and we got our own log! I've never gotten to do that. Too bad the picture wasn't decent. We did everything we wanted to and did CA too. Did ToT with a 15 min wait, Soarin with a 15 min wait, Screamin 2 times in a row with a 5 min wait or less. It was an awesome day!! The parks were a literal ghost town. They were sending out empty ride vehicles on every ride, thats when you know its empty. It was so nice to walk around, it wasn't very cold, we were comfy and everything just smelled clean from the rain. The air was just wonderful and refreshing to breathe in. It was one of the best days I've had there and to share it with such a good friend was just amazing and magical. :mickey:

NotaGeek
01-28-2008, 05:43 PM
:rain:

I love a rainy day at DLR! Thanks for the post!

tinkwest
01-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Sounds great! Rainy days can really be special at Disneyland!! :rain:

jrkcr
01-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Sounds like a great time! Yes, slow crowds make it all so much nicer!! I'm ready to go again...:mickey:

faline
01-29-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm so jealous that you can make a day trip out of a Disneyland visit! Sounds like it was fun!

*tinker_belle*
01-29-2008, 06:02 PM
It was such a blast! It's nice to be able to make a day trip once and awhile.

Jeff
01-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the report. Sounds like it was a great day.:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
02-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Sounds like a spectacularly fun rainy day in Disneyland!! Thanks for sharing it with us. :mickey:

pdrlkr
03-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: